seed-train Scorched Train 2015-2016

Helvete said:
Ok I have a dumb situation...my partial service post office doesn't have flat rate bubble envelopes just ones done by weight so I'm gonna have to scope out a couple of different offices in the area tomorrow XD
Pretty sure you have to order them from USPS web site. They send them to you for free, but I was told this is only way to get them.

tctenten said:
Pretty sure you have to order them from USPS web site. They send them to you for free, but I was told this is only way to get them.
My very small town post office had them in stock.  i did order some later on though.

Helvete said:
Ok I have a dumb situation...my partial service post office doesn't have flat rate bubble envelopes just ones done by weight so I'm gonna have to scope out a couple of different offices in the area tomorrow XD

Damn, I put in an extra but Seacowboy must've needed it. Tried squeezing two inside but just wouldn't fit. But yeah you can order a 10 pack from USPS website for nothing. Is the current bubble envelope reusable if taped up good?

If need be, I can toss a couple in the mail for you. Shouldn't take that long to get from here to there

Shouldn't be a problem honestly, I'm driving into Richmond tomorrow.  May not get mailed until Monday though, we'll see.

Scorched said:
Damn, I put in an extra but Seacowboy must've needed it. Tried squeezing two inside but just wouldn't fit. But yeah you can order a 10 pack from USPS website for nothing. Is the current bubble envelope reusable if taped up good?

If need be, I can toss a couple in the mail for you. Shouldn't take that long to get from here to there
Ok I might need those mailed to me, apparently none of the offices here carry them, I can put any extras in the train. Sorry about the delay XD

It'll take a few days but you can order the envelopes online for free, I just got a pack of 10 in the mail last Thursday.

Edit: sorry lol.....for some reason it took me to the end of the last page instead of this one so I didn't see all of the other responses =.=

Maybe we should move to a flat rate box?I think the quality and variety off seeds definitely is worth the extra cost of a flat rate box. Plus as stuffed as the envelope is already  we will have to move to a box anyways.

eh alright, I'll move it up to the MFRB

that runs what about 11-12 bucks?  I'll have it out on Monday.

It really is a ridiculous variety of seeds in there.

Suezotiger said:
It'll take a few days but you can order the envelopes online for free, I just got a pack of 10 in the mail last Thursday.

Edit: sorry lol.....for some reason it took me to the end of the last page instead of this one so I didn't see all of the other responses =.=
I might order some anyways, they seem pretty useful.

Looks like the decision has been made. Yep runs about $12 for mfrb. Hopefully this isn't too much of a burden on anyone. I'm being serious, I know how things can get tight at times. I know there are probably cheaper options, but the flat rates come with a lot included and they're carried at just about every post office. If the train gets to you and you need to use a cheaper option by all means do so. All I ask is that you get a tracking number. I think it's like a buck or something.

The flat rate envelopes are nice to have around, very useful and considering they're free you can't beat em. Oh and no worries on the delay, with the way the weather has been on the east coast things are probably backed up and moving slow anyway.

Ok the box is ready to get back on the tracks tomorrow and being sent to fiogga.  The ice is finally melting in Virginia after a day of freezing rain switching over to regular cold, miserable rain, hopefully there won't be any transport issues this week.

Thanks for everyone for making this train possible and thanks to Scorched for getting it started...and a special thanks to the members who weren't even riding who donated seeds to it, just wow.  This is the kind of thing that makes this a great online community.

Another train report, checked tracking, delivery is scheduled for today, I did notice my zip code was incorrect it's not 46208, it's 46228. Hope that's not an issue, will report later.

fiogga said:
I did notice my zip code was incorrect it's not 46208, it's 46228. Hope that's not an issue, will report later.
Should be fine, I think thats the zip code of the last post office it was at...

Hey Thanks, must have read that wrong. Mail hasn't come yet, it's been late everyday, roads are a sheet of ice, can't wait till spring!

It's here, and it's a BEAST!!! Oh my, I wasn't going to plant anymore but this train has absolutely changed my mind!!! Many thanks to Scorched and all participating, I'll be dreaming of fields of peppers tonight. I'm hoping to get it off Sat. Thanks again everyone, pepper people are the best!

Glad to hear the train arrived safe and sound. The weather around here is bad as well. Another storm and has been snowing all day. Slush and ice underneath all the snow so shitty driving conditions. Can't wait for spring. Just finished planting up 280 seedlings into solo cups. Had to go out and buy another shelf, I have another 200 that are just starting to pop. There were some great things in the train that I'm growing and really looking forward to.

Back