seed-train Scorched Train 2015-2016

bucdout57 said:
Count me in for round three if possible.

Round 3 probably won't be happening until Fall. I just don't see the point of running it during the summer. I don't think many will be starting seeds in the middle of the summer. Will also give people time to replenish as well as possibly add to their seed stock when they harvest their pods. I know my stock is about tapped out and I don't have much left or anything new to share but I definitely will come fall. I'll take a vote near the end and see what everyone else wants. Majority will decide. I will give plenty of notice before it starts up again if we do take a summer break.

I received the train today and it blew me away. I have never seen so many pepper seeds. I really appreciate everyone who contributed and I'm glad to be a part of this great community of people. I should be able to get the train out by Wednesday. There is a great selection to choose from. Thanks again everyone. 

Just picked the train up from the post office. Looks like we're back into a padded flat rate envelope with plenty of room so the shipping will be cheaper. I'll stuff an extra padded flat rate envelope or two into the train when I send it for people who don;t have access to one. I'll have it back out probably tomorrow and on its way to NJ if everything goes as planned. Not planning on taking anything just tidying up if necessary. I'm tapped on seeds until harvest time but I'll have a ton of stuff come then. Just check my grow list lol.

Train is on its way to Jersey. Tracking: 9114 9999 4423 8157 4015 32  Est. delivery Thurs 4/16/15

I stuffed two extra flat rate envelopes inside for those who don't have access. If anyone else has them and there aren't any extra inside when you get the train please add one or two if you have extras. Choo Choo

Ok, train arrived today and I just finished going through it.  Tremendous amounts of seeds in there, nice contributions by everyone.  Pretty sure my wife will be able to get it to the post office for it's short trip to Pittsburgh.

Tracking # should be 9405903699300401221384

If it is different, I will update it tomorrow.  

tctenten said:
Ok, train arrived today and I just finished going through it.  Tremendous amounts of seeds in there, nice contributions by everyone.  Pretty sure my wife will be able to get it to the post office for it's short trip to Pittsburgh.

Tracking # should be 9405903699300401221384

If it is different, I will update it tomorrow.  
How's it looking?

Was nice and neat, I am sure we have Tony to thank for that. I tried to keep it as neat as possible. There are 2 extra flat rate mailers in there and more seeds than you could ever need.

I take no credit for the organization of the train. It was like that when it came to me. All I did was put the two extra flat rate envelopes in.

LA 2 the Bay said:
When can I be a stop for the train

The requirements are 100 constructive posts (all this means is no posting "welcome" in 100 different Welcome threads just to up your post count to qualify. Stuff like that) and a member of THP for 3 months. This is to protect the train from people who join just to get on a train and then jack it. It's happened before unfortunately. Also this train will be taking a break at the end of this round until end of summer/early fall. Wicked Mike is running a train right now that is for new members and can be found here http://thehotpepper.com/topic/51058-wicked-mikes-newbies-only-seed-train-round-two/

Oh, I can't remember who it was but whoever put in the Red Savina seeds, Thank You. I haven't grown them since they came out years ago and have wanted to but never got around to ordering seeds.

I like the way Midwest Chile Heads, Juanitos and DragonPeppers made up single packs and I think I might steal that idea myself when we start back up. Makes things simple just to take a pre made pack. Oh and very tasty powder Midwest Chile Heads. All in all very great additions everyone. I don't want to say anymore and give things away.

Looks like the train should be here Monday, so much hype. I should have it back out a few days after if I can get to the post office between finals

Back