• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Scovie's Bits. (And maybe some cooking)

Scoville DeVille said:
Imagine... it's damm near 2019 and we're in my a Scovie thread talking about eggs.

Like the good ol days.
Eggs never get old...

Well, I guess they can... Eventually...

Ricotta salata (like Italian feta) and roasted tomatoes.

The Hot Pepper said:
Use a semi-hard cheese or a non-melty cheese that just gets soft. I agree if you use a melty cheese when you make soft eggs the texture is similar and can be snotty. Try aged provolone, scamorza, or smoked mozzarella and get back to me.
Been there, starred in the movie, wrote the book and sold t-shirts. I'm gonna be 50 this year ya know. LMAO

When it comes to scrambled eggs, I prefer seasonings over texture. The eggs already have the texture so a mild seasoning and a sprinkle of cheese is all that's needed. Pepperjack, and havarti are my faves but of course Tillamook Sharp cheddar. Actually a tad of brie is good too.

salsalady said:
With a basil chiffonade, and slivered red onion...

I was thinking scallion or baby leek but on the same page, that onion bite adds a lot.

Now I have ANOTHER reason to visit The Methow.

Beth's is in Seattle, but I'm pretty sure Scovie and I could make that happen....And you could enjoy a freaking awesome bloody Mary or beer while waiting....Which they don't serve at Beth's.

(Pretty sure they don't serve alcohol at Beth's, do they Scovie?)

Wow. Those omelets are about the size of the ones at Tony's in Birch Run MI. Theirs are more American stlye, and browned though.

Add a "side" of bacon and you get a full pound of cooked bacon.

I thought restaurant portions were big here, but some places in the USA are just insane.

guy_fieri_beach.jpg

guy_fieri_chick.jpg

Back