• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Scovie's Bits. (And maybe some cooking)

THP No nope no... Not just a "diner". hahaha

Beth's are WORLD famous. Heck even the aliens have probably had a Beth's omelette.

12 eggs no substations, deal with it. Them sumbitches make an O M E L E T T E !

Open all night. Great place to be at 2:30 AM, let me tell ya. Crayons and paper are free.

There's probably a place like this on every corner in NYC. :rofl:

4F2CE54B-8246-4C9B-B82B-AF0B68B9A332.jpeg

B846361D-9591-4386-916C-46FD36086A82.jpeg

79ACF4BE-768E-4B29-ABFF-EAD300A4061F.jpeg

B9041073-41F9-4808-938E-E90D05556FAB.jpeg

C40D6B19-BA2E-4B8F-9737-D87C9198F5AF.jpeg

The Hot Pepper said:
SL, you never has a "breakfast scramble?" A fancy name for scrambled eggs with things in it, served in a bowl? How does cheese make it slimy? I could make you a good scramble. Fresh mozz, grilled artichoke hearts, and roasted tomato.
Oh ye, lots of times, but I put the cheese on top and mix everything else in the eggs. I know, it's :crazy:

Scovie, I would totally dig on that! No browning just like I like. Holy shit! I doubt that came off a flat top or it would have poured so thin it would have browned. They probably have a huge skillet. Check it out for me huh? 

In picture 2 and four, look at the walls, covered with crayon pictures.

The Hot Pepper said:
Scovie, I would totally dig on that! No browning just like I like. Holy shit! I doubt that came off a flat top or it would have poured so thin it would have browned. They probably have a huge skillet. Check it out for me huh? 
It's a flattop. Several actually. All they serve is breakfast and a very limited menu at that. Pretty much omelettes and hashbrowns is all the cook. I haven't been there in years!

salsalady said:
Flat top. Seen it on several food shows.

They must have it set low just for these, and another one for browning meat. That's pretty awesome. I still can't believe it.

Scoville DeVille said:
It's a flattop. Several actually. All they serve is breakfast and a very limited menu at that. Pretty much omelettes and hashbrowns is all the cook. I haven't been there in years!

That's what I was thinking (posted above).... thanks!

The Hot Pepper said:
They must have it set low just for these, and another one for browning meat. That's pretty awesome. I still can't believe it.

The omelettes are folded on four sides and weigh about 3 pounds. There is no way you could do them in a pan. But yeah, they have probably two flattops just for omelettes. They only make 12 egg omelettes and the best they'll do is cut one in half for two people. If you go in and ask for a 3 egg omelette, you'll never see your waitress again.

I'm kinda with SL on the melted cheese IN scrambled eggs. CJ made them one day and I swear it was 1/1 cheese/egg. Echlk! I didn't known wtf I was swallowing. There is such a thing as too much cheese. (Not very often tho).

Use a semi-hard cheese or a non-melty cheese that just gets soft. I agree if you use a melty cheese when you make soft eggs the texture is similar and can be snotty. Try aged provolone, scamorza, or smoked mozzarella and get back to me.

Back