• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Scovie's Shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this one's for El Jefe,

nudge-nudge-wink-wink

IMG_3602.JPG

:rofl:     :rofl:     :rofl:

Thats awesome, what movie s that from?

rory said:
Thats awesome, what movie s that from?
Continuavano a chiamarlo Trinità!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Is_Still_My_Name
Great film!

There's a similar scene in my name is Nobody, near the end of that clip, but watch all, it's so epic! :D:
I love better the first Trinity film btw! :D
Lo chiamavano Trinità.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Call_Me_Trinity
The absolute best of the combo Bud Spencer - Terence Hill. I've laughed a lot with that, even with my grandpa! :D
There's a somewhat similar scene:

Trinity wants to see underwears at a store. Epic! (sry, didnt' found in english!)
Here in english! :D
At the end of that film there's the most epic fight ever seen in a bud-terence film! :D

Scoville DeVille said:

Duh...

SCREW

DRIVER!!!!

(I am guessing a 3mm hex head)

bawawahgahahahaha

I call bullshit SL. No tile contractor ever accused an electrician of using a 3mm hex head driver.

WTF. Really. What the hell would you do with that?

This job is finally over. Thank god herself.

While posting this I just picked out 2 tiles that repeat, set in the same direction. My fault, but I hate cheap tile.

This is one big ass shower @ 5' X 6'.

3 shower heads plus a handheld. I think the owner is going to build a Teak bench for inside the shower. Yeah... furniture inside the shower. LOL
I myself am not really a fan of these huge, open showers, I like the steam to stay trapped. Especially in the winter when I take HOT showers.
But I guess with 4 shower heads, it won't be hard to get warm and stay warm. Too busy gasping for air LOL

View attachment 14364

View attachment 14368

View attachment 14367

View attachment 14366

View attachment 14365

Random picture of my lawn :rofl:

View attachment 14363

That's totally awesome bro! Love the craftsmanship!

That's cool Castillo lives in Twisp. :D

miami_vice.jpg

...and I like that look btw.

Are there rods in between the glass for integrity? Or are they just modular?

Thanks Hogleg!

No Patron, no rods. Back in the olden days, we would stack the blocks in a special glass block mortar (more adhesives), there were twist-off spacers that would help with stacking but the mortar was a mess and it was a PIA to keep it all plumb and level. Your choices for color was white or white. Strong in the end but it was never a question of "if" you would get mold but, "when". I have tried many times to drill little holes in the mortar and with a syringe, inject bleach to get rid of the orange and green mold visible thru the blocks themselves. I hated the old style of installing glass blocks.

Nowadays we use a "stack and grout" method. They (Seattle Glass Block) will build modular segments in any configuration, round, stepped etc. and using a plastic strip, they get glued together with 100% Silicone. On site we stack the pre-made modules, running thick beads of Silicone between each lift glueing it all together. Once the wall is built, it is wiggly but that's only because the silicone allows a 25% joint movement. It gets grouted with standard sanded grout in whatever color you choose and like a basic brick wall, it is solid.

From SGB website "stack and grout".
View attachment 14375

On the palette at our job site, each lift was a pre-made row of two blocks. You can see the top row missing the last piece of glass cap to be cut to fit tight to the wall, and glued on after assembly.
View attachment 14373

Bet pic I have of the grout.
View attachment 14374

You.

Are.

Welcome.

Cranked to 72 in MY HOUSE RITE NOW!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqgVXSvwGo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back