seed-train Seed train caboose (at least from me)

Your welcome although I am not the conductor that would be Chad. I am just trying to keep this in order and help out that's all.

The box is packed with cool stuff. From the usual to the extremely unusual. This is awesome!

Had some family stuff pop up- sorry for the delay! I'm not sure if I'll get to the post office tomorrow but it will be heading out by Tuesday at the latest!

EDIT- Update...

I got the package in the mail this afternoon, but it was after school and it must not have left town as the confirmation # isn't doing anything yet...

Anyway- there's some good stuff in there!

After looking at the receipt it says 'delivery confirmation number' instead of tracking number. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I did tell the guy I wanted to track it. He may not have understood as I had just gotten something hot in my nose. I grabbed a pinch of the big bags of red bhut seeds in there just before packing the box up, and I forgot to wash my hands. I didn't have time to deal with it as I had to get to my second job- so I just had to stand in line at the post office with bhut burning my nose. The office workers had quite a laugh!!!

Good grief. You'd think I would have posted the # anyway!! It's been a rough few days!

The receipt is at home- I'll post it when I get there :)

No worries. I am up late and cannot sleep and I had nothing better to do. It kinda made me feel productive. lol

Emu, I'm a bit confused by your editing of your prior post - by "this afternoon", did you mean Monday, or yesterday?

Good grief. You'd think I would have posted the # anyway!! It's been a rough few days!

The receipt is at home- I'll post it when I get there
icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure what your definition of a few "rough" days is, but I suspect mine might be a slightly different right about now! ;)

Yesterday, this area got hit by over a dozen tornadoes. Our city has officially been declared a disaster area by the major. Entire neighborhoods have been evacuated and barricaded-off by the police, and several neighboring cities have implemented martial law style "curfews" from 7PM-7AM to prevent looting.

Our neighborhood tornado warning sirens were almost drowned-out by the roar of the intense storm and hail. Sides of entire houses could be seen flying high in the air, with one local weatherman joking in a gallows humor kinda way that we were currently experiencing "Wizard of Oz" type weather. After one tornado crossed a freeway and hit a trucking facility, entire 18-wheeler "semi" trucks were sucked up hundreds of feet into the air, spinning and tumbling like tiny bits of fluffy paper.

I was without electricity and Internet much of yesterday. Worst part about that was the timing of the outage - as the tornado warning sirens howled and the storm raged outside, I was watching the local TV intently as they tracked the tornados cutting across our area. They were following the "hook echo" of one tornado which had just been observed causing major damage in our own city, and as they zoomed-in the radar and showed the street names, I realized that it was just down the street, and heading in my direction! :eek:

It was at that very instant that the tornado took out the power for our entire neighborhood, :banghead: and I was left standing in a darkened room staring at a now-dead TV screen, wondering WTF was about to happen!

(It's an interesting experience when your mind races to think of any building in the immediate vicinity someone could take emergency shelter in that is strong enough to at least partially withstand an on-coming tornado that could do the level of damage you just saw on TV a few seconds before, and then realize there isn't one!)

At last count, over 800 homes were hit, part of a nursing home was also destroyed, over 100 airline jets parked at DFW Airport were damaged, and some people are still trying to figure-out where their cars had landed! :shocked:

Given the chaotic circumstances out here, having a tracking # before the scheduled delivery so that I can track where the package is and make sure it gets to me safely would be most useful. Thanks!

I'm not sure what your definition of a few "rough" days is, but I suspect mine might be a slightly different right about now! ;)
Well, my 65 y/o father fell off a roof and broke his neck; looks like there won't be any long term consequences. A family member is off to prison for likely a long time. We used to be close, but she kinda fell off of the map for a bit. And I just found out that I've got a new job next school year and I've got 4 days to decided if I want to get a masters degree. Way too much real life crap for me! I just want to watch my peppers grow!!

Tornado's are a hoot- that's for sure! Out here in the boonies we don't have the added benefit of knowing what street they're on. The closest we can get is some where between this town and that town, 12 miles away. I've got a cousin that lived in Joplin when they got hit, his entire apt complex was spread out over a three block radius and every one that was home at the time was lost. Luckily my cousin wasn't home. I live about 5 hours away from Joplin and I've found medical records from the hospital that was hit there in the woods not too far from town.
Next time you see a tornado is on your street- don't wait for the power to go out to take cover! It may be a few blocks away, but the truck it flung through the air may be coming right for you!!

Anyway- here's the tracking number.

Sorry to hear about your family problems, glad to hear your dad did not incur any long-term damage. The person with the long prison sentence was a she? A Master's Degree nowadays will likely improve your job prospects, what field are you studying?

Tornado's are a hoot- that's for sure! Out here in the boonies we don't have the added benefit of knowing what street they're on. The closest we can get is some where between this town and that town, 12 miles away.

I don't mind tornadoes while out in the boonies - as long as I know where I am (and where the tornado is) on the radar screen, then I'm happy! In this case, the area the newcaster was referencing was the next major intersection down the street from me. I was squinting at the screen as they zoomed-in on the radar, to see exactly where that tornado was...and then the dang power died! :banghead:

BTW, if the closest you local news can get is really that bad, the NWS has local radar stations that provide coverage for most of the continental U.S., you just need to figure-out where you are located on your local radar map -

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/

Just select a radar station whose coverage includes you, click the "Go to: Standard Mode" to switch from the fancy Java/Script display to a regular graphic image, then select the desired radar map type. You can then right-click the radar image, select "View Image" in FireFox (or in IE, select "properties", copy the image URL, then paste it into your browser), and then bookmark that URL. This will give you direct, instantaneous access to the current NWS radar scan for your area! (image updates every 6-7 minutes during a storm, just do a CTRL-R) :cool:

For example -
http://radar.weather...e/NCR/EAX_0.png

Next time you see a tornado is on your street- don't wait for the power to go out to take cover! It may be a few blocks away, but the truck it flung through the air may be coming right for you!!

Didn't know that until a split-second before the power died. :banghead: Unfortunately, I realized there was no safe place nearby! I thought briefly about the local Post Office, but the building it is in is not really that sturdy, and I figured if it got hit, all those thick metal P.O. Box doors would be flying around killing people! :eek: I may check to see if we have any old cold war fallout shelters in the area for next time a tornado comes this way - this is the second time we've suffered major damage since I've lived here!

Anyway- here's the tracking number.

Um, I tried looking that one up on USPS.COM, and I couldn't find it? But then when I looked closer at that #, I think that perhaps you mistyped it? I noticed that in all the Delivery Confirmation forms I have, they all start with that 0311 and are all 20 digits long (5 sets of 4 digits). But the above # is only 19 digits long - did you forget one of the digits in that? Thanks!

UPDATE:

OK, went out to check the mail, box has now arrived! :party: (Also turned-out my educated guess above was correct, ya forgot a "6" LOL ;))

Will go thru after I get some much-needed ZZZ's, been up since yesterday due to what's been happening out here. Did take a quick peak - box does not appear to have suffered any storm damage! :woohoo: But also noticed that 6 of the small bags (5 of identical, and one with a white box, a hole punched in the top, and says "Rite On Parts Bag"), are completely unlabeled - anyone have any idea what these guys are? :think:

Back