• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seedlings 03-02-09

bigt said:
Virginia may have entered the new ice age. It was 10F when I woke up this morning. That is possibly a new record low for March 3rd. As a side note, Greenpeace was protesting global warming yesterday about 35 miles northeast of here in Washington. It was snowing early and then stayed in the 20's all day with high wind. I'm sure their message went over real well. Talk about bad timing! :lol:

another non believer..:lol:

Hotpeppa said:
Ha !

you're a stylish looking man old chap..

i feel like listening to some neil diamond all of a sudden..lol

:taking guitar out of the case and strumming C...Where it began...ba ba ba baaaaa...I can't begin to know when....:

how's that?

millworkman said:
Looks like you have a field notebook in your back pocket as well.

you have a keen eye mwm....

its a lavender that has survived the winter outside...one of the wifes flowers...smells heavenly...and I meant to say that is a 5 gallon nursery container (read 4 gallon) that I put there for size comparison

AlabamaJack said:
:taking guitar out of the case and strumming C...Where it began...ba ba ba baaaaa...I can't begin to know when....:

how's that?

you have a keen eye mwm....

ha ha ha

that was great you cracker jack... :lol:

AJ - those babies will suck up a serious amount of potting soil. Be careful what you wish for.

thats where the 60/40 compost/sand mix comes in...I get that for 17.50 a yd....

AlabamaJack said:

OK, I've always wondered... just how big is a 'yard' of dirt? Is that like a cubic yard, 27 cuft? Or is it another of those arcane British measures that make absolutely no sense to anyone but the king who decreed it.

wordwiz said:
It's 27 cu. ft. Or enough to fill in ~eight of AJ's pots!

Mike

Bwaaahahahahhaaa! :lol:

I must have made at least 2 or 3 yards of leafy/sandy compost/dirt stuff myself. The potting soil pile has been withering away as the expense of making a raised garden bed.

yup...Mikes right...3 X 3 X 3

it is a standard measure in materials used here in the US....yard of concrete, yard of fill, etc....

AlabamaJack said:

Nice, that's a lot of "dirt" for the money. :)
1 cubic yard = 807.896104 US quarts

Back