vendor Semillas La Palma

Kind of surprised nobody started a thread for these guys yet. Every time I browse there I feel like a kid in a candy shop... reasonable prices (even after the Euro conversion) and an awesome selection- they advertise over 650 varieties. I bought from them both last year and this year and had good germ rates on my seeds, and last year's grew true.

Only awkwardness is they're based in Spain... they have an English language page but not all of the descriptions are translated. Still, if you know what you're looking for it's not an issue. International orders are made easy through PayPal. My orders arrived within a couple weeks.

Dang... I'm the only one not getting mine... I emailed him and he already sent another order, but still that's more waiting and I'm anxious to start those Lanceolatum and other wilds that I ordered. I hope I get mine soon...

-Walt

Woot! Seeds came in today, much quicker than I had expected (just shy of two weeks). Thanks Peter!

2014-01-06%2021.24.46.jpg

Already ordered twice and cannot find anything wrong. Insane choice (including other plants such as tomatoes), fair price, fast delivery, and nice gift with every delivery. have to mention also that all my seeds had fast and high germ rates (more than 90% in 20 days), which prove the quality of the products :party: . If all the varieties come true, i really don't see any reason to order somewhere else.
Awesome vendor taht i recommend to anyone. Big thank to SLP, keep on the good work! :P

I ordered 20 different varieties on Dec. 19th, they just got here on the 14th. The winter storm probably slowed them down but I also got an extra packet called "hot pepper mix" with a few that look like rocoto in there. Also, each packet had 11-12 seeds in it even though I think you technically order packs of 10.

Soooooo.... I finally got mine. First order I never received, got lost and I notified him and sent out another order asap. It took two weeks to get here.

All seeds look very clean and fresh, I will still order again. Despite the lost package and the waiting. I still give him credit just because the order had to travel across the pond and he had very good communication.

Thanks Peter!

-Walt

Ordered there for the first time this year. Every kind I put down (wet towel, closed container) has sprouted. It must be 75+% germination rate which is high for me. I don't do heating pads or anything like that. This was my best seed experience yet.

I placed my first order with Peter recently and thought I'd share my experience. 

I got carried away with the selection on offer, and ended up ordering way more than I should have.....(  :shh: Don't tell the home boss)

The seeds arrived safely in Australia within 2 weeks, which is better than I expected.  The germination rate was outstanding - I planted 30 seeds (3 seeds each of 10 different varieties) and 29 have germinated!

Thanks Peter!

Fantastic variety, super fast shipping  (i have made three orders and recieved on average in about 6 days, and that's international shipping, and our local post aint that great..)
great germination rate(also on the tomatoes).
and with just enough patience to reply quickly to seed junky customers waiting for their fix

Thanks Peter, I will definitly be coming back

Nice to see hes still giving the fantastic service he did years ago,great grower and very high quailty seeds..just wish i had his soil to grow in.100% reliable and a man of great experience and knowledge.

I bought some seeds from Semillas La Palma and here's a small update.

I hear how hard It is to germinate Lanceolatum, and from his seeds 7/7 have sprouted for me 5 died on the first attempt and here's the second try. NO HELMETS EITHER!!

CGN 22795. First in the Aerogarden and then soil and again 100% germ rate.

Something that surprised me was this. I hear this one is VERY HARD to germinate and both seeds I put down popped in less than 2 months.

CAP 214.

Will definitely order again!!

Gracias Pedro!!

-Walt

I placed an order this year and received it within a week, to US. 

Awesome selection and super easy to spend $100 USD! 

I haven't tried to germinate any of my order but cannot wait to order again. 

Received my order from Peter today.  Ordered Black Habs (his own creation), Naga Viper, and Devil's Tongue.  No freebies, but I didn't order much and who cares anyway - his prices are low, more so than most U.S. vendors even with Euro conversion and he got my order to me in under a week.  Very impressed with the service and I recommend you guys order from him.

I asked a couple of things to Peter and as always he responded very quickly (seriously, i asked yesterday at 11:41 pm and got response after exactly 60 minutes!).
First thing, i used just "info" on mail subject, he said that is better to be more specific (and maybe include pepper word) because their system could discard that as spam... So don't use that subject if you are asking info!
He said that in 4 weeks something new would appear (i asked about Jay's Peach and news in general).
I checked FB page and i spotted 7pod bubblegum and Brown Moruga... If that means he'll sell that seeds most probably i'll purchase some, maybe along the Superhot Beast that i don't see this grown often (i just must choose wisely since next year i'm growing just 5-6 plants and 1 per type, and i already have 1).

Back