• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SG's 2012

Since late last year I've been starting seedlings in waves because of limited space and other constraints. So I have a good number of plants in varying stages of growth, with some trying to flower too. The plants are looking good and I am poised to have some tremendous harvests. Last year I only grew a fraction of the what I am attempting this year and even then I had a hard time keeping up with the harvests. I am sure I will go crazy with all the peppers this year.

Here is the where most of the plants start out:
Plants3.jpg

Plants2.jpg

Plants1.jpg

Focusing on some individuals:
Murupi Amarela
MurupiAmarela.jpg

Praetermissum initiating its first fork:
GalapagoenseForking.jpg

Chacoense:
Chacoense.jpg

Fatalii x Choco Bhut F2:
F2FataliixChocobhut.jpg

Sonoran Chiltepin:
SonoranChiltepin.jpg

A Brown Rocoto about to flower:
FlowerBrownRocoto.jpg

Hey, SG, everything looks great. Did you find more aphids? - if there are ants,
they are farming them not eating them!

Your plant out is looking good. Great to have them out of pots and in a place
where they can really grow! Good luck through the summer!

edit: Dang, now Matt is shoving me out of the top spot!

Time for an update:

Not too many pods for me yet, but here's the shape of one of my crosses, the 7 Pot Yellow x Bonda ma Jacques F1:
Y7xBonda.jpg

Three of my favorites from right to left: Cumari Pollux (large), TS Morouga, 7 Pot Brain Strain:
trio.jpg

Multiple flower buds per node on a Cumari Pollux:
galapaflowerbuds.jpg

Was supposed to be a 7 Pot Brown Bonnet Shaped, but is going purple:
Brown7p.jpg

Brown7pflower.jpg

TS Morouga plant:
TSMorouga.jpg

7 Pot Brain Strain plant:
BrainStrain.jpg

Almost forgot about the Rocotos on my patio:

Rocoto Inca:
RocotoInca2.jpg

RocotoInca1.jpg

An unknown Rocoto, probably Bolivian de Milles or "Enormous" Peruvian:
Rocoto3.jpg

Looks like you got it rolling along now Spice, a forest in no time. I'm gonna be watchin that Morango.....I have a cross but didn't start it yet, trying to wait, and just go with annuums from here on out.

Thanks guys. I'm also growing the Scorpion x Morango (JungleRain), it suffered some kind of a setback when I put it in the ground, either too much sun, slugs or a disease or all of those together. Anyway, it's growing back nice and green, so I should get some pods off of it before the end of the season. The Pimenta Morango is growing super slow... I started them later than anything else, so I hope at some point once some more serious summer heat kicks in around here they'll start to take off.

Great update, SG! Pods, plants, flowers all looking good.
The C. galapagoense is a cool looking plant.

Continued success, bro!

Cool 7 pot x Bonda! Sounds like killer flavor. I have always wanted to grow that Moranga ever since I saw it in the chileman database. I can't remember what it's heat or flavor was spose to be like? That Galapogoense is freaky cool too! You are rolling along now.

Great stuff.
Mike

That C. galapagoense looks amazing! Such a great looking plant.

How is your Giant BJ doing? Mine is finally starting to come around.

Lookin good spice... Have you done any pruning on the brain and mouruga plant? Also what are you feeding them?

Thanks PS, no pruning and the only feeding I did was some time release for tomatos and peppers back when they were in pots... now they have to tough it out.

Cool 7 pot x Bonda! Sounds like killer flavor. I have always wanted to grow that Moranga ever since I saw it in the chileman database. I can't remember what it's heat or flavor was spose to be like? That Galapogoense is freaky cool too! You are rolling along now.

Great stuff.
Mike

Thanks, the Y7 x Bonda is one of my best performing plants, must be hybrid vigor. The Pimenta Morango is supposed to be pretty hot and have a nice aroma... we'll see...

That C. galapagoense looks amazing! Such a great looking plant.

How is your Giant BJ doing? Mine is finally starting to come around.

I have 3 or so Big Bhuts in the ground, they're slow growers, I have one flowering and the others are getting there... That galapagoense is unique, the others I'm growing just don't compare, well except for one that had a set back but is now starting to flower with many buds per node, I wasn't expecting that from this plant.

Man your Garden is looking awesome! Your plants are so green and bushy! leaves up and down the stems just stacked on each other! How many Rocoto plants are you growing?

Thanks Beehunter, I've got 6 Rocotos on my patio, but really only 4 that I'm treating well (in bigger pots). They get partial sun, but next year I may try them in full to see how they do. I think they like the altitude or maybe the cooler temps we get here in between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian mountains...

Rocotos are looking huge excellent :)
What size pot do you have them in? I have mine in 11 gallon(45 liter) pots hope it will be big enough the plants are getting really large already.

Rocotos are looking huge excellent :)
What size pot do you have them in? I have mine in 11 gallon(45 liter) pots hope it will be big enough the plants are getting really large already.

Hi Lando... I definitely don't have them in ideal conditions, they do grow really fast and big, mine are only in 3-gallon (12.5 liter) and 5-gallon (19 liter) containers. Mainly this is seed stock for next year... 2013 I'll take better care of the winners from this season ;)

Pimenta da Neyde looking good, love this plant:
PdaNeyde.jpg

Cumari Pollux diversity, one giant, the other just average:
Biggalapa.jpg

Littlegalapa.jpg

Big Bhut fruit developing:
BigBhut.jpg

Back