• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SG's 2012

Since late last year I've been starting seedlings in waves because of limited space and other constraints. So I have a good number of plants in varying stages of growth, with some trying to flower too. The plants are looking good and I am poised to have some tremendous harvests. Last year I only grew a fraction of the what I am attempting this year and even then I had a hard time keeping up with the harvests. I am sure I will go crazy with all the peppers this year.

Here is the where most of the plants start out:
Plants3.jpg

Plants2.jpg

Plants1.jpg

Focusing on some individuals:
Murupi Amarela
MurupiAmarela.jpg

Praetermissum initiating its first fork:
GalapagoenseForking.jpg

Chacoense:
Chacoense.jpg

Fatalii x Choco Bhut F2:
F2FataliixChocobhut.jpg

Sonoran Chiltepin:
SonoranChiltepin.jpg

A Brown Rocoto about to flower:
FlowerBrownRocoto.jpg

Charles,

Heh, I've eaten the Brain Strain a couple times, pods sent me by romy6. I thought maybe the first time there was something wrong with me, but the second time confirmed that they are not really meant to be "eaten," as you say, at least not by sane people. Maybe it's like the New Orleans Mardi Gras or LSD (or both at the same time), everybody should try it once....

Nonetheless, those are beautiful pods, and I know they will make excellent powders and/or sauces for you.

Gary

ha, indeed... powder is the destiny of these little peppers...

Charles, That pod looked to big to me the first pic I think you showed awhile back. And if its not yellow then I've sent you some bad seeds evidently. I will send you some more seeds this fall that are isolated. Sorry About it!

Mike

Oh, no worries at all, I remember you telling me they weren't isolated. I'll have to check your glog to see yours... did they turn out yellow for you?

A few shots of another ripening Yellow 7 Pot x Bonda ma Jacques:
y7xbondab.jpg

y7xbondaa.jpg

y7xbondac.jpg

y7xbondad.jpg

I really like the way my Maya Red x Bhut Carbon are turning out:
mayaredxcarbon.jpg

And false alarm on the Bhut turning brown, they actually are turning red:
bhutisred.jpg

I've heard back from two people who are growing them, so far so good... I'll have a ton more seed from that plant I overwintered if you want to give it a try in 2013.

Looks tasty again, SG. Would love too help you out growing some of your crosses next season, maybe we can trade some at the end of the season cause at this moment I haven't got much in return yet :)

Charles I do have a first year Murupi that is true. I will try to post a pic of some pods. Was thinking of trying to send you a cutting or some pods. Not any on right now.

Later Mike

Thanks that would be awesome.Glad to hear the project went well atleast with the two members they were gnarly looking.
I've heard back from two people who are growing them, so far so good... I'll have a ton more seed from that plant I overwintered if you want to give it a try in 2013.

Great grow SG! Dunno why I haven't made it here before??? I get stuck in "My Content" and don't surf around enough I suppose. Your Brain Strain is very nice. Great consistency on the pod size and shape! I've seen a bunch of different variations looking through the Glogs and yours are just about perfect! Fingers crossed that 7 Pot Brown surprises you...but pretty sure its gonna be a red one...I've had plenty of surprise colors this season too. Keep them green buddy!

Shane

A few more...

7 Pot Yellow x Fatalii F1:
y7xfatd.jpg

y7xfatc.jpg

y7xfatb.jpg

Wow. So much crosses that my eyes are cross eyed now. How's the taste on the not purple bonnet shaped pepper?!

Ha, yeah, me too and I'm making a bunch more for 2013 too. I've lost it I think lol. From what I can tell that cross is a 7 Pot Brown Bonnet Shaped x Pimenta Tiger... so it has bhut or naga genes, so I imagine it will turn more red, it is a bright orange right now... when it's red I'll harvest and taste...

SG those pods look amazing my 7 pod brown came out different than yours. The pimenta de neyde looks amazing.

I've got another Brown 7 Pot that looks more as it should... I love the Pimenta da Neyde, made a few crosses with this one too.

Great grow SG! Dunno why I haven't made it here before??? I get stuck in "My Content" and don't surf around enough I suppose. Your Brain Strain is very nice. Great consistency on the pod size and shape! I've seen a bunch of different variations looking through the Glogs and yours are just about perfect! Fingers crossed that 7 Pot Brown surprises you...but pretty sure its gonna be a red one...I've had plenty of surprise colors this season too. Keep them green buddy!

Shane

Thanks Shane. I have a couple of those plants going and they're all looking how they should... I wasn't going to overwinter anything this year, but I have a few candidate plants now...

Some of my Fatalii x Y7 with Aji Limons:
IMG_20120730_151537.jpg

I'm growing 5 milder Mexican varieties this year, was going to experiment with Mole sauce and have something with a heat level tolerable for my kids... well someone walked by my spot at the community garden and decided they'd just take what they wanted from the only Pasilla Bajio I'm growing, took about 7 pods and left two for me:
PasillaBajio.jpg

Nice shots. How is the flavor on that Aji Crystal? With your crosses,are you looking for shape,flavor or is it just random?

I'm still waiting for them to ripen a bit, but now that someone is randomly picking my peppers at the community garden, I may go ahead and eat a few.

I'm going for different things with different crosses. Part of what I was trying to do with the Fatalii Yellow 7 cross was to make my slightly orange Y7 more yellow since the Fatalii I had last year was really yellow, but it turned out more orangeish like the Y7 was last year. However it does have a slight Fatalii shape which makes it cool, so I'll probably grow it again... why not.

Charles,

Love the yellow crosses...I can smell the Yellow7/Bonda by just looking at the photo!

Thanks for giving me credit on the "Stinger Bonnnet"...Have you compared the flavor, aroma, etc. with a Yellow Scorpion? I'm beginning to believe Beth just mixed some seeds up...

Are your Aji Cristal pods honkin' huge? I had no idea those things got so big...I keep waiting for mine to turn red, but the largest ones have been orange for weeks now...

My Bonda plants from your seeds are loaded down with pods. I'll get photos after work today.

Gary

Wow, that sucks that someone swiped pods from your plant. You're the second person of the glogs I read that has had that happen.

Those rocotos are nice sized. I just picked the first ones off my plants and they are pretty small. They taste wonderful though. The Fatalii x yellow 7 crosses look very nice. That's a cool cross.

Well done!

Back