• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SG's 2012

Since late last year I've been starting seedlings in waves because of limited space and other constraints. So I have a good number of plants in varying stages of growth, with some trying to flower too. The plants are looking good and I am poised to have some tremendous harvests. Last year I only grew a fraction of the what I am attempting this year and even then I had a hard time keeping up with the harvests. I am sure I will go crazy with all the peppers this year.

Here is the where most of the plants start out:
Plants3.jpg

Plants2.jpg

Plants1.jpg

Focusing on some individuals:
Murupi Amarela
MurupiAmarela.jpg

Praetermissum initiating its first fork:
GalapagoenseForking.jpg

Chacoense:
Chacoense.jpg

Fatalii x Choco Bhut F2:
F2FataliixChocobhut.jpg

Sonoran Chiltepin:
SonoranChiltepin.jpg

A Brown Rocoto about to flower:
FlowerBrownRocoto.jpg

Thanks guys. I just noticed that my largest ripening Aji Cristal's were also taken...

Time for some Stoic wisdom from Epictetus:

"Purify your judgements. See that nothing is attached to you or cleaves to you that is not your own and may give you pain when it is torn away."

SG crosses and pods look great. That sucks about the Aji Cristal they are amazing pods grew them last year. I am doing the same thing with my Holy Mole pods try to make my personal Mole sauce that is distinct from all the Mexican shops around here. Hopefully you figure something out about the Aji Cristal because it is a bummer to miss out on tasting what you grew.

Pulpiteer:[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Wow, that sucks that someone swiped pods from your plant. You're the second person of the glogs I read that has had that happen.[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]aha-see, that' s why I said you should put your hot ones beside the sidewalk![/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Hey Spice-been missing in action, and playing catch up.[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]1. I will reiterate again-you have some really cool crosses going on.[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]2. I'd be interested in getting some Yellow 7/Bonda seeds-if you feel like swapping some seeds...pm me![/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]3. I still can't figure out where my Impacts ended up??[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]4. Didn't you have a Morango cross...any luck?[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]5. Lots of variation it seems with the D/Butch t's- let me know how they taste.[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Great lookin stuff man -keep up the good work![/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Have a good one -[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Dave[/background]

I did have a Morango cross, but lost track of that one, what I thought was the cross ended up looking like a brain strain. I have the actual morangos growing and they're very interesting, can't wait to taste those. The Douglah x Butch T cross is great, so incredibly hot and what an aroma, love it. I'll definitely trade whatever crosses you're interested in, no way I can grow out all that seed.

Even though my Rocotos haven't completely ripened, I just couldn't stand it any longer, I needed find out if they were ripening because of a pepper maggot situation or because it was indeed time. Here are the pics:

RocotoCut.jpg

RocotoHalf.jpg

For me, it's the watermelon of peppers, it's sweet, watery and has a similar texture:
RocotoSlice.jpg

Delicious!

wow! great looking chiles. i grew rocotos for the 1st time last year - they may be my favorite chile. problem i have is that it gets too hot back here and i had very small yields. tons of flowers that all fell from the plants. didn't plant any this year - wish i did - even a couple is better than none. good luck.

Nice. "Watermelon of peppers" - I like that description. The picture alone made my mouth water, looks nice and juicy. Well done!

Thanks guys, it was tasty. Next year I'll have to individually wrap each fruit with a tulle bag to make sure the pepper maggot flies don't lay their eggs in them. I started them very early so they were big enough to flower and set fruit by spring when the temps were still cool.

Hey, SG, been away too long. Page after page of great pod shots.
Sorry to hear about the garden thief; hope they are allergic to the
peppers. Guess some folk just feel the world owes them a living :crazy:
Glad you didn't go postal :D

Hope your grow continues to proceed apace, bro!

My first ripening Brain Strain, hot as hell as expected, the entire inside of the pod was white (placenta) and covered in orange oil... but the aroma and taste didn't really do it for me. Too sweet, reminds me of a 7 Pot Yellow I grew last year that turned red instead of yellow, had a taste that I just didn't like.

Inside7BS.jpg

They are nice in powder form and it's easier to dose the amount. Nice pods did you like the Naga Morich?

Thanks everyone. Yes Lando, the Naga Morich is still my favorite, nothing like opening one up and smelling that incredible aroma :drooling:.

As for the Brain Strains, they will be turned into an infernal powder to help keep me warm during the winter :fireball:.

Wow those pods look amazing now that a meal only your backside would hate.

haha, thanks SCH

Back