• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Shigshwa's Grow Log 2015-2016 (Hydro Grow of Carolina Reapers)

NOTE: Skip to the later pages to see my latest grow. Most of this is a log of my previous grows.

---------------------------------------------------------
I saw quite a lot of grow logs out here, which inspired me to make one myself. I thought that I could also use this as an opportunity to learn from the more experienced growers as well. A bit about me:

1. At this point in time, I'm 16, likely making me one of the younger growers here.
2. Although I like to mess with all things technology, I also like gardening as well
3. This is my first time growing peppers, so I'm hoping that everything goes well!

Now, onto the peppers.

The Story So far

297169_1851179259149_1830801093_1270494_678876191_n.jpg

The peppers, Bhut Jolokia on the right, Butch Ts on the left

312962_1874592724471_1830801093_1287184_631982975_n.jpg

The first sprout, and still my biggest!

380675_1881489016874_1830801093_1291001_1519892892_n.jpg

The peppers, day 3. Some of these were my friends, because he was on vacation. Can't believe they were this small!

313173_1902088171840_1830801093_1305430_723677430_n.jpg

A bit under 2 weeks old, when they were still under my now sold HPS bulb. My first sprout is the one in the big pot.

dsc00225uw.jpg

A bit after the last photo. Now that's growth!

dsc00239nh.jpg

Last image of them, days before being in the tent.

dsc00242zl.jpg

The new grow tent, next to my computer.

379523_1963207419783_1830801093_1331203_196171686_n.jpg

A bit under a month old, just a few days in the new grow tent. I will get a MH system soon...

dsc00241zd.jpg

Taken just now, 1 month 1 day old, few days after the last photo. The growth has EXPLODED ever since they were placed in the tent. The one in the very front is the Bhut, or so I believe, and the other 3 are the Butch Ts, one in the very back being my first sprout.

e flower drop is caused by a high N ratio over P and K,

This is true... If you give too much N, you will have beautiful plants, but no pods.

I'm using Alaska Fish right now, which is 5 1 1, but am going to stop using that in two weeks on my larger plants in favor of something with more P and K.

I guess it's just about time. My TS pods are ripening as well.

dsc00341fq.jpg

dsc00344fo.jpg

This is an F1 Plant btw, that's why these in particular lack the unique shape.

F1 from what I understand is one generation from being a wild plant.

not necessarily wild...

If I crossed two domesticated species, their first generation of offspring would be F1 also... inbreed once again, and then f2, and so forth, IIRC you need to get a hybrid to f7 or f8 before its over 90% reliably reproducing genetically speaking.

Here's some more pics. They ripen fast! Bhut Jolokia pod is nearly ripe.

dsc00345t.jpg

dsc00346vc.jpg

TS Butch T pod. Looks a little bit like a brain strain skin..

One of the best glogs out there bro. Nice work. A fan is used not only for pollination but also is necessary for strong steams. If yours are doing this well, I wonder what they might have done if you stressed them with a fan..lol. Noce job.

Nice set up man. One of my scorps throws pods that look like Antillais C. Habs, but taste more like scorps, and threw 1 scorp pod.I would defer the cross question to cmp1974, or Potowie, or....

The pics look really good...can inquire as to what you use to snap em?

Nice set up man. One of my scorps throws pods that look like Antillais C. Habs, but taste more like scorps, and threw 1 scorp pod.I would defer the cross question to cmp1974, or Potowie, or....

The pics look really good...can inquire as to what you use to snap em?

A Cybershot 14.1 MP camera. Compared to other cameras, I would suppose it's pretty good, but with my cameraphile eyes, it's kinda subpar, ha ha...

Opened the thing, just couldn't wait! As I opened it, the characteristic metallic-ish smell of Trinidad Scorpion filled my nose. How great it was to smell it again!

dsc00348ko.jpg

Taste? I wouldn't be able to comment on that.. I'm no chillihead, but I gave it a lick. The burn is different from a Bhut Jolokia, I would see why it would be hot enough to attain a former world record! It hits fast and strong, and quickly travels down the throat.

Shigs, these are coming along wonderfully. What are you gonna do with all those pods, consIdering you're not a chilihead? If you need to get rid of any, I'll take som off your hands.

Congrats on the first pod! looks warm inside that thing! and is it just me or does it only have like 6 seeds?

Maybe a few more. I don't think the TS pods are very prolific when it comes to seeds anyways.

Shigs, these are coming along wonderfully. What are you gonna do with all those pods, consIdering you're not a chilihead? If you need to get rid of any, I'll take som off your hands.

Well... I don't know if you'd want to take my pods, most of them appear to be mutts. However, some of the TS pods do have interesting shapes to them. If you're interested, I certainly could give one of those for you to plant, or try. Perhaps I could give you a pod or 2 to try, see if they are up to par in the spice category! Otherwise, I plan to turn these pods into hot sauce. I may not be a chillihead, at least not a superhots chillihead, but I do like spicy food.

Back