• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Shigshwa's Grow Log 2015-2016 (Hydro Grow of Carolina Reapers)

NOTE: Skip to the later pages to see my latest grow. Most of this is a log of my previous grows.

---------------------------------------------------------
I saw quite a lot of grow logs out here, which inspired me to make one myself. I thought that I could also use this as an opportunity to learn from the more experienced growers as well. A bit about me:

1. At this point in time, I'm 16, likely making me one of the younger growers here.
2. Although I like to mess with all things technology, I also like gardening as well
3. This is my first time growing peppers, so I'm hoping that everything goes well!

Now, onto the peppers.

The Story So far

297169_1851179259149_1830801093_1270494_678876191_n.jpg

The peppers, Bhut Jolokia on the right, Butch Ts on the left

312962_1874592724471_1830801093_1287184_631982975_n.jpg

The first sprout, and still my biggest!

380675_1881489016874_1830801093_1291001_1519892892_n.jpg

The peppers, day 3. Some of these were my friends, because he was on vacation. Can't believe they were this small!

313173_1902088171840_1830801093_1305430_723677430_n.jpg

A bit under 2 weeks old, when they were still under my now sold HPS bulb. My first sprout is the one in the big pot.

dsc00225uw.jpg

A bit after the last photo. Now that's growth!

dsc00239nh.jpg

Last image of them, days before being in the tent.

dsc00242zl.jpg

The new grow tent, next to my computer.

379523_1963207419783_1830801093_1331203_196171686_n.jpg

A bit under a month old, just a few days in the new grow tent. I will get a MH system soon...

dsc00241zd.jpg

Taken just now, 1 month 1 day old, few days after the last photo. The growth has EXPLODED ever since they were placed in the tent. The one in the very front is the Bhut, or so I believe, and the other 3 are the Butch Ts, one in the very back being my first sprout.

Oh, and btw, here are my two new seedlings, transplanted and moved into the grow room, along with my clones.

dsc00350tm.jpg

Trinidad Douglah
dsc00353l.jpg

Giant Jalapeno. Just a bit of helmet head deformation, but it's doing just fine.
dsc00352hb.jpg

Hey, Shigs, those pods are really cool lookin'!
You grow log just continues to amaze with great
images! Good luck going forward this spring!

Hey, Shigs, those pods are really cool lookin'! You grow log just continues to amaze with great images! Good luck going forward this spring!

Thanks! I hope it won't be long before I can get these big boys out in the garden, the tent is getting too big for them! I wouldn't be confident with taking them out till at least late April. Colorado enjoys throwing surprise snow storms!

very nice dude I'm jealous!!!!

I was 10 dollars for that pot, can you believe it?? Luckily, the manager at my local hydro shop offered me a generous discount for giving her my hydro Bhut. She loves peppers, and has never grown one of those before. So, I got these pots for 3 bucks each!

Shigs, did you top that Bhut? There's some nice bushing there.

Probably a trait specific to the plant. It really grows more like a Frutescens then a true Chinense, which makes sense, since the Bhut is a cross between the 2. The only plant I've topped is the TS, because it's grown too close to the lights.

I find this particular Bhut to be unique compared to a typical one. It's thick skinned, small, light green when unripe, and the pods have fairly short stems.

Some bad news. The Bhut Jolokia plant... is a hybrid. I knew something was up when I noticed a light green, thick skinned Bhut. I opened the pot, thick skinned like an annum. Spice? Mediocre. Taste? Like an annum. What a drag... It'll be good for producing many mild peppers for cooking though. I'll get pics tomorrow.

Some bad news. The Bhut Jolokia plant... is a hybrid. I knew something was up when I noticed a light green, thick skinned Bhut. I opened the pot, thick skinned like an annum. Spice? Mediocre. Taste? Like an annum. What a drag... It'll be good for producing many mild peppers for cooking though. I'll get pics tomorrow.
That sucks!!! Sorry to hear that! :(

Too bad about the bhuts. But it still makes for some very interesting looking pods and a really cool plant! the TS look perfect though.

Shigs-
I have "not a 7 pot"...I was bummed...but the heat is nice the pods are flaming orange, thicker skinned.It looks awesome when the pods roll out-as there are bucket loads of them.....Grant and Beehunter nail it....if its an unintended cross...whatever , if its good, the plant looks nice...cool plant. So reserve judgement till you get her outside , you just never know.I do understand the disappoint ment....I thought the "nota seven" was a yellow seven-my fav so
far. I almost yanked it.....but it started throwing buckets of peppers ..before the others.....now its become a favorite.
Good log by the way......watch the accumulation of dead leaves the critters love em and keep it coming!
Dave

Bummer dude! Although, that makes me a little more excited for the pod you're gonna send me. it'll be nice to have something milder for the wife to chow on.

Back