• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Should we have a fun 2009 grow contest?

Ready here. I am however debating on whether or not I should start the rest of the late maturing varieties I have with it. I planned on waiting until February 1st and then doing the rest on March 1st, but it seems like a waste to only put 6 seeds in a tray designed for 36. Otherwise I will be using the 72 cell trays if I start them all. They will go out in the middle of May and while it may only be only a 19 day difference I am worried they may get too leggy. I don't have any grow lights but I do have a small sunroom that gets sun all day. My plants were fine last year but I started them the 3rd week in march. Any thoughts?

Okay I am in the race. I got some nice Fatalii seeds from a good friend and can't wait to get it on this weekend. That is the post time (Plant time) Let the Fatal..ii be seeded. :onfire: :onfire:

cmpman1974 said:
Not a believer Omri? :) It's a cross grown by someone I know that has been stablized well.

Chris

I also saw that Beth at peppermania has them on her website for 2009.

Got my seeds in the mail today, thanks moyboy, will be ready to go.

A thought: Is it cheating to start them in a ziploc bag and transplant them on the 12th? Or do they go into the bag on monday? Not that you can really cheat when the conditions are simply to grow, but is it unethical?

Starting the sedd is starting the seed, if it's in soil, ziploc or whatever. And we were supposed to start on monday. Simple and clear, so yes thar is CHEATING ;) I'm going to use ziploc as well, and I'm gonna wait 'till monday anyway.

Hmmm. I know I wrote ziploc bag, but my brain was thinking soak in a bowl of water to soften up. Seems to be a breakdown in communications somewhere between my mind and my hands.

Ha ha, dont worry, Im not getting a headstart.Would seem a little suspicious-'Really? Yours have only just sprouted? I just picked my first pods. Isnt that strange!'

I think Im going to have awesome germination conditions here, not so sure about the winter temps here though.

I'm gettin itchy to start...

***put those dang seeds back in the pack and wait 'till Monday***

I am prepared now to plant seeds...will be planting seeds from 3 sources, ones I grew last year from Tomato Growers, some seeds from Tomato Growers I had left over from last year, and some from Peppermania...and I will also be planting some Devils Tongue from Uncle Steves HotStuff...

filled the seed starter tray with Hoffmans Seed Starting Mix, and some peroxide, Botanicare ProGrow, and Superthrive in the water...

010909a014.jpg

then after I put the water in the bottom of the tray to soak the cells, put it in my germinator to bring the temperature up to 86F...

010909a015.jpg

all I have to do is stick the seeds in the soil and I am ready...

I assume we are using GMT to time our start...that will be 6PM Sunday for me in the CST...

Shouldn't we just start them in the morning, local time? When I get up in the morning to get the updates from your growth, mine will be at the same stage as your was 6-7-8 hours later :) The time difference between west cost US and east cost Oz is 19 hours, after all.

AlabamaJack said:
I am prepared now to plant seeds...will be planting seeds from 3 sources, ones I grew last year from Tomato Growers, some seeds from Tomato Growers I had left over from last year, and some from Peppermania...and I will also be planting some Devils Tongue from Uncle Steves HotStuff...

filled the seed starter tray with Hoffmans Seed Starting Mix, and some peroxide, Botanicare ProGrow, and Superthrive in the water...

010909a014.jpg

then after I put the water in the bottom of the tray to soak the cells, put it in my germinator to bring the temperature up to 86F...

010909a015.jpg

all I have to do is stick the seeds in the soil and I am ready...

I assume we are using GMT to time our start...that will be 6PM Sunday for me in the CST...

I agree, GMT 12:00am 01/12/09 should be official start time.

I'll be planting more fataliis I got from you as well as some from cherrygal. I'm growing a metric assload of fataliis this year if all goes according to plan:hell:

BillyIdle said:
Shouldn't we just start them in the morning, local time? When I get up in the morning to get the updates from your growth, mine will be at the same stage as your was 6-7-8 hours later :) The time difference between west cost US and east cost Oz is 19 hours, after all.

makes no difference to me, but if we use GMT to gauge our starting times with, everyone will be starting at the same time...

Back