• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Should we have a fun 2009 grow contest?

25 minutes to start time

bjs2006 said:
ditto. soaking first. I'll stick em in the dirt later tonight of tomorrow after work.

I'm doing 7 other varieties along with the fataliis. I have a couple satellite grow locations to make use of. :)
fatalii
bhut jolokia
Vietnamese mountain pepper (from a THP member)
giant red habs
odd shape yellow habs
yellow scotch bonnet
red rocoto
Burbee sweet mix (pimiento dulce?)

Started. Two in jiffy pots, four in jiffy pellets, one in soil, and all in different locations-some in mini greenhouse, some at top of warm stairwell, some sitting on top of hot water unit for 'tropical' conditions. Will be interesting to see which ones come up first.

I'll try to start mine tomorrow but I haven't set up a location to grow them yet. I'll figure something out but football is on:)

Complete...Fatalii tray on left in germinator

010109c001.jpg

Key to tray

fataliicontesttray01-12-091201AMGMT.jpg

Started:

Fatalii,
7 Pot,
Jalapeno Early,
Fransisca,
Martinique,
Poblano Red,
Poblano Brown, and
Turbo Pube

All in soil under floro and on heat mats. Entire unit under dining room table... wife's gonna be very pleased. :snooty:

Many thanks to Potawie for the seeds! :cheers:

thanks to Potawie for the grow comparison suggestion..

I hope MM has enough height to grow those annuums until plantout time...I only planted chinense...will plant annuums the end of February...

There should be plenty of room under the table... I hope. If not, we're expecting a baby in Feb. She won't need her floor space for another 6 months or so... Didn't quite think this one through, me thinks.

McGoo said:
Started. Two in jiffy pots, four in jiffy pellets, one in soil, and all in different locations-some in mini greenhouse, some at top of warm stairwell, some sitting on top of hot water unit for 'tropical' conditions. Will be interesting to see which ones come up first.

Cool,
That what the comparison is all about.
I'm just using the baggie method for AJ's homegrown.
As usual- AJ has it all organized with charts.:onfire:

does anyone have a suggestion for a warming device aside from grow lights? I think i can swing enough sun, but warmth is an issue.

fineexampl said:
does anyone have a suggestion for a warming device aside from grow lights? I think i can swing enough sun, but warmth is an issue.

Cheap heating pad.

just finished getting mine taken care of and setting the pictures up. Posting them in a little while.

Here is my contest grow along with all the plants I have started so far this year.

First up are the Fatalii's. Starting ten.

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

fineexampl said:

If your talking about germination warmth then yes a heat pad, but if you are talking about warmth in colder months then the insulated element out of an old heat blanket rapped around the roots area should do the trick.

The sun still gives you photosynth-something (spelling:lol:) but you want the roots to stay warm in the winter months......

Sadly I haven't tried this, I was only told about it from the Hydro guys near me, as I was talking about keeping the plant under fluro's and the lack of heat was going to be an issue over winter.

I have my last 2 fatalii seeds in a mix of sand and Peat Moss.

If they fail to germinate...... im out as its all the seeds i have.

I dont like my chanced as i had trouble getting anything to germinate from the pack with only one "not very healthy" plant from them.

see what happens.

cheers

a heating pad was on my shopping list, but all the ones i saw have a 60min automatic shutoff safety feature. i thought of a warming tray too, but i could not find that. still looking though. i might try the pet store actually.

Well I'm 13+ hours late but I finally got my seeds in a damp paper towel in a bag on the hot part of my floro light. Now I just have to dig my way through the snow into my greenhouse so I can find my trays and pots etc.

Back