• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Skullbikers ALL of 2020 Outside NOT PEPPERS Glog

Got a few tomato cuttings that are gettin growin.

07406A43-89F8-4DFE-AED7-119D5DF7DF54.jpeg

ahayastani said:
Perhaps I shouldn't say this in a pepper forum, but this GLOG is one of my favourite threads to gather inspiration :lol:

I was considering to sow beans as well, also in containers. Could you tell us the size of the buckets (5g?), and how many plants you allow to grow per container?

The containers there are 18 gallon tubs and that is concrete reinforcing wire that I use for cages/trellises(5 ft tall with 6 in. X 6 in. squares). I have done peas and beans in 5 gal. buckets the same way. I also add 4 ft stakes to the top of the cage. I usually plant seeds 3 to 4 inches apart. Once they are producing, they take a huge amount of water. 
I will soon be harvesting my sweet potatoes(I hope), these are the ones I planted out 04/13/20 referenced in post #78. Hopefully there will be some under the soil!

skullbiker said:

The containers there are 18 gallon tubs and that is concrete reinforcing wire that I use for cages/trellises(5 ft tall with 6 in. X 6 in. squares). I have done peas and beans in 5 gal. buckets the same way. I also add 4 ft stakes to the top of the cage. I usually plant seeds 3 to 4 inches apart. Once they are producing, they take a huge amount of water. 
I will soon be harvesting my sweet potatoes(I hope), these are the ones I planted out 04/13/20 referenced in post #78. Hopefully there will be some under the soil!

Thanks!

Sweet potato is one of the few plants I can neglect here... My first harvest was after 3 months in 4 gallon plastic bags with 50/50 perlite/compost. Results are visible in my GLOG: not great, but making it grow in 4 gallon of soil is somewhat "optimistic" for one plant :) Still got two-three decent tubers per plastic bag. I now use 5 gallon buckets, which still is not optimal, but the plants grow well with a lot of flowers. Morning Glory, but with taste :)

Here is how my sweet potato container/area looked before harvesting them.

1F9CCB6A-22D0-4700-AC74-6E4FBDC7745A.jpeg

I got rid of the vines and dug them up. I think they turned out okay for first try in a container. I would have liked to have had more nice fat straight ones............but this is what I got.

C37E3E27-E09F-4648-9045-0FD7B23E5518.jpeg

I rigged up a quick curing chamber to maintain temp and humidity for the first stage of curing.

DC198AA3-70BD-4D04-9A74-D7DC5AAB936F.jpeg

And the waiting begins.

DownRiver said:
Did you really duct tape your banana? :lol:
YES..................yes I did. That's not just duct tape, that's GORILLA TAPE, you could handcuff King Kong with this stuff!
By the way, what do you use on your banana tree? [emoji848]

Banana tree fact: large banana bunch heavy, banana tree stability poor.

They still grow bananas when they fall over though! Funny all the shapes ones blown over by hurricanes make.

Have you tried just telling it to stay? If it works with brooms leaned against a wall, surely a banana tree will listen.

Back