• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS Roaring Into The Twenties GLOG

Devv said:
Plants look picture perfect! I'm amazed that I see no critter, bug, or any damage. That would be a rarity here.

Are those Live Oak leaves in the Jalapeno container?
At this point in time I think I have the best pepper grow right now tha I have ever had. Critters, bugs, and 2 legged pests know that I have no mercy when it comes to my garden.
There are Live Oak leaves in and on everything right now as leaf drop just finished recently. I have some very old large ones here, I think one has a trunk about 6 feet across.

skullbiker said:
I cannot tell you first hand as this is the first I have grown them. Here is Refining Fires Chilis description:

Antep Aci Dolma-(Capsicum annuum)-The Antep Aci Dolma is large sweet bell pepper type developed by researchers at Ankara University in the country of Turkey, They can grow to the size of a grapefruit. But what makes them unique is they are much sweeter than most bell types and also have the heat level of a hot Jalapeno type! The Antep Aci dolma ripen from green to dark red. The skin has large wrinkles and folds in the outer flesh and is very thick. The Antep Aci Dolma Chile plants grow over 4 feet tall. The peppers are great for roasting, stuffing, sauces and salads.

I will give a report as soon as I get a nice red one.

sounds freakin awesome, you better let us know how good they are. I might add these next year  :mouthonfire:

This Rocoto Montufar is finally starting to kick some serious a$$.

E5461347-EC10-4BA0-AA51-684756519D23.jpeg

E5CAE7DD-9BD1-4267-A8B8-C270B8193F90.jpeg

Yesterday I tried out that ripe Hatch Green Lumbre X-Hot pepper. Obviously not a super hot but definately the hottest hatch type chili I have eaten. Initially it was like a fairly snappy jalapeno, but after a few minutes it left behind a substantial residual throat burn that lasted about a half hour! I can definately see making a hatch chili sauce out of these. 

Description on Sandia Seeds website: This is one of our hottest green chiles and when it hits your tongue, pain signals rush to your brain. Then your brain releases endorphins that cause a mild euphoria, so you feel better and want more green chile!  The molecule responsible for making the hot burning sensation is capsaicin and each new bite stimulates the brain to send out more endorphins to soothe the pain. Pods are small at 5” long and are screaming hot. Plants grow to 30“ tall. A good addition to any garden. Grown near Hatch, NM and sold as Lumbre X-Hot.  Capsicumannuum (85 days) Heirloom - Open-Pollinated
Heat Level: X Hot  Scoville: 10,000

Description on Heritage Seed Market website:  “Lumbre” (Hatch Double-X Hot) is said to be the hottest of the Hatch NuMex type of chiles, even hotter than Barker's Hot. A spicy green chile, 4-7” long, this is a great one for roasting and then adding to chili, tortilla soup, or tamales. It can, of course, be eaten in the red ripe stage as well. According to my research, Lumbre was developed by the folks at Solar Dry Chile farm in Hatch, New Mexico.

skullbiker said:
Yesterday I tried out that ripe Hatch Green Lumbre X-Hot pepper. Obviously not a super hot but definately the hottest hatch type chili I have eaten. Initially it was like a fairly snappy jalapeno, but after a few minutes it left behind a substantial residual throat burn that lasted about a half hour! I can definately see making a hatch chili sauce out of these. 

Description on Sandia Seeds website: This is one of our hottest green chiles and when it hits your tongue, pain signals rush to your brain. Then your brain releases endorphins that cause a mild euphoria, so you feel better and want more green chile!  The molecule responsible for making the hot burning sensation is capsaicin and each new bite stimulates the brain to send out more endorphins to soothe the pain. Pods are small at 5” long and are screaming hot. Plants grow to 30“ tall. A good addition to any garden. Grown near Hatch, NM and sold as Lumbre X-Hot.  Capsicumannuum (85 days) Heirloom - Open-Pollinated
Heat Level: X Hot  Scoville: 10,000

Description on Heritage Seed Market website:  “Lumbre” (Hatch Double-X Hot) is said to be the hottest of the Hatch NuMex type of chiles, even hotter than Barker's Hot. A spicy green chile, 4-7” long, this is a great one for roasting and then adding to chili, tortilla soup, or tamales. It can, of course, be eaten in the red ripe stage as well. According to my research, Lumbre was developed by the folks at Solar Dry Chile farm in Hatch, New Mexico.

Did it taste like a Jalapeño?

Looks like stuffed peppas for dinner tonite!
Stuff Enuff to the left of the Dew, Colossal Hybrid to the right. Generally the Colossal Hybrids will get larger as the plant grows.

F357A5D3-AB25-4504-9DF5-EA3ED31DEBFA.jpeg

And every once in a while, an excellent Cherry Bomb specimen shows up.

5FC1D35F-6281-489B-9025-01E95F68E058.jpeg

So, last fall in September I had planted some Emerald Fire Jalapeno seeds and had one plant that turned out like this with a single pod.

F2D1C01F-C91D-440C-8B72-9F8FE74143AC.jpeg

I saved the seeds from that pod and planted a few.

9E6C2AF8-CE40-4C1E-9563-B856D20C67B5.jpeg

And now I have these.

B4A70802-0038-4BA5-AF60-039C510D64C4.jpeg

8D4C70E0-E6B9-4F03-8D5F-043AC82468C4.jpeg

If things go right I should have next gen peppers in less than a year.

Unrelated, but I think I have a mushroom growing in one of my Cherry Bomb containers.

35924DD7-D870-4B58-B12D-91CB7C655665.jpeg

Back