• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SoCalChilehead 2012/2013 grow log

This will be my first grow list/grow log, so hopefully everybody enjoys. This November will be my first complete year of growing experience and it was entertaining and stressing at the same time. This season hopefully I can implement everything I have learned through various threads and have a great 2012 season
onfire.gif
. I will start everything from seeds and maybe keep three plants from my existing season. Well now to my list:
Red Trinidad Scorpion 1
Trinidad Scorpion Green 3
Trinidad Scorpion yellow 1
Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (2 or 4 hopefully)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 2
7 pot Chaguanas 2
7 pot Brainstrain red 1
7 pot Brainstrain yellow 1
7 pot Jonah 1
7 pot yellow 1
7 pot Burgundy 1
7 pot Brown 1
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia 1
Bhut Jolokia Peach 2
Bhut Jolokia Red 1
Bhut Jolokia yellow 1
Black Naga 1
Fatalii yellow 2
Peach Scorpanero 1
Large White Habanero 1
Congo Habanero 1
Sweet Habanero 1
Habanero Red Savina 1
Thai Dragon 1
Assam 1
Wasp 1
Large Hot Cherry 1
Giant Jalapeno 1
Wild Brazil 1
Holy Mole 1
Cayenne Thick 1
Broome Chile 1
Tobango Scotch Bonnet 1
Naga Morich 1
Zavory Nabanero 1
Aji Joe Mystery Hot Mix from Indian (1), Baccatum (1), Hot (1)

Thanks again to all the members for their help on the vast of information found on the THP forum and ability to build my grow list.

Thanks everyone for the compliments been so busy I haven't had much time to actually sit and enjoy everyone grow log or even update mines. Shane sent a few pods out today hopefully they get there safe. I found great news from AjiJoe that I was able to grow one of his Chocolate 7 pod barracapore that I was able to share with a few people from my group project they took little bits it was funny once the put it in their mouth, but I did treat them each with ice cream so they could have for security after the pain. I enjoyed the flavor overall the heat was intense hotter than the yellow bhut I had the day prior. I did not eat the whole pod just half. Now the bad news while I wish I could have my pod production to the level of some members here sadily it hasn't work out that due to not researching and preparing for the root pouches through the hot wether, so I was either overwatering or under watering. The awesome news I got the drip system in the other week and seeing different results flower and starting to load up everything is starting to get into the swing of things. Here are few pics
7 pod Chocolate barracapore
DSCN0519.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

what a monster :hell:

what a monster :hell:
Yes it was lol I felt it in the morning not the satisfaction I wanted but it was expected. The flavor was awesome as it did not have that acidy taste, but I also picked it a bit premature as you could taste it in the combination of flavor and heat. I can not wait til it start podding up again it would be perfect for powder.
Fernando. Your grow is amazing. Glad you won some of my pods :dance:
Thanks Jamie I was having issues at first with these root pouches impacting the plant production everything is now in working order, but that box will hold me over until everything get back on track. Can not wait to try everything.
Thanks again

deng... should i join this TEA wagon?// my wife tells me in the philippines....after her mom washes the fish ,,,shes then told to toss the water in the garden....i think ill just stick with that...keep up the grow brother...hope the drip thing works well for you...80s coming our way this coming week....

denniz

Thanks Dennis it working great I have it sent on a timer so I don't have to hand water twice a day or overwater my plants anymore, which has help and notice a more productiong in plant growth and flowers. Runoff from the fish cleaning is also good because it provides the trace minerals from the ocean, which is great as well.

Well looking over one picture post I missed label by posting the peach scorpanero rather than the mystery Aji plant (seeds came from Aji Joe)
DSCN0540.jpg

I finally got hold of a product (Boogie Brew) that I look forward to using on my garden for the rest of the year I currently have it brewing so I am excited to see the results.
DSCN0549.jpg

Can not wait for wednesday thanks again Jamie http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/page__st__640#entry647077 and http://www.youtube.com/user/jameshill6/videos

Thanks again everyone that help make this a great year for me and everyone that has stop by

deng... should i join this TEA wagon?// my wife tells me in the philippines....after her mom washes the fish ,,,shes then told to toss the water in the garden....i think ill just stick with that...keep up the grow brother...hope the drip thing works well for you...80s coming our way this coming week....

denniz
I tested it out first in one area of the garden first...need to post before and after pics for you. I now give them all the tea once a week or so. Results are amazing! My recipe is two old socks half full of store bought compost and about a half cup of chicken manure tie a knot in them and toss them in with a half cup of Alaska Fish Ferts and about a cup of molasses...or corn syrup...or lately old half full sodas the kids leave laying around. Don't think that part matters, all it really needs is some sugar to feed the micro-organisms in there. Brew it all for a few days in a 5 gallon bucket...STINKS to high heaven, but the plants don't mind the smell at all.

Fernando, let me know how that mix works out for you! Not that your plants need much help!

Thanks Shane I was actually interested for a while in this product, but couldn't find anywhere in Socal so I had to order from NorCal company. If it works like it suppose I might get the 15 lb bags next time. I will do a before and after on 12 days on one plant not sure which one though probably the naga morich since it is the only one really struggling. Let me know when the pods get. http://www.boogiebrew.com/ Thanks again for stopping by

P1010732.jpg

:dance: :woohoo: :party: Ok...so I know the Yellow bhut and cayenne....but help me out with the rest! Looks like some thai's and 7 pots???

Thanks Brother!!!

I tested it out first in one area of the garden first...need to post before and after pics for you. I now give them all the tea once a week or so. Results are amazing! My recipe is two old socks half full of store bought compost and about a half cup of chicken manure tie a knot in them and toss them in with a half cup of Alaska Fish Ferts and about a cup of molasses...or corn syrup...or lately old half full sodas the kids leave laying around. Don't think that part matters, all it really needs is some sugar to feed the micro-organisms in there. Brew it all for a few days in a 5 gallon bucket...STINKS to high heaven, but the plants don't mind the smell at all.

Fernando, let me know how that mix works out for you! Not that your plants need much help!
Shane... i got about 1 tall DVD spindle cover of my 3 month old compost.....added some fish fert and tossed it in a 5# bucket that was once filled with honey ..so theres honey everywhere..just need to run to wallys world and give it some air... thanks for the recipe

Thanks Shane I was actually interested for a while in this product, but couldn't find anywhere in Socal so I had to order from NorCal company. If it works like it suppose I might get the 15 lb bags next time. I will do a before and after on 12 days on one plant not sure which one though probably the naga morich since it is the only one really struggling. Let me know when the pods get. http://www.boogiebrew.com/ Thanks again for stopping by

Fernando.. let me know how that goes for you....this tea thing has got me sold..

Yea Dennis I think this will be my source for feedings from now on, but it sucks that they haven't release any of their products down here they are keeping everything in NorCal so what it seems. Hopefully this product does as advertise and boost my plants and soil life.
Thanks again for stopping by

Wow, great grow going there Fernando! Soon, your going to be up to your elbows in pods. I'm very intrigued by the Jalabanero. Melissa said yours is an F3, very cool. Can you tell what the pod shape is going tobe like yet? Can't wait to hear how the taste and heat level come out.

I really like the sanctuary. We're looking at building next year and already have plans to build a green house.

Cheers,
RM

Sorry Rocketman for the late reply been busy and didn't notice I had a reply until now. I have only seen the F2 and that was from SS those things looked like monsters the body was a Jalapeno shape and rounder at the pointkeeps the same color as a Jalapeno I not sure on the flavor or heat will try one later tonight with a few of the babies I harvested. My pods are not looking anything like SS due to them having inconsistent watering, but now with the new flowers and starting to set pods hopefully in get to shape SS had.
Thanks again I apologize for the late response

Now to the great stuff I really couldn't make up my mind on video or pictures, so I decided to do both. The video did not come out great because like I stated the plants have really taken over since the drip emitters were installed and did a 360 from a month ago. Everything is poding up or setting pods. The tallest plant is my pimenta de neyde which is currently at 4 1/2 or 5 feet tall from the base of the plant. Sorry again about the video don't want to break my plants limbs to get a video, but you will see why. Sorry for not having names it a pain to even get to the plant lower section without breaking, so I am going to do what Matt did with the bamboo stick and name tag the top. Just ask I have rough idea of what plant is what.
Hope everyone enjoys this year has been a great season and a learning experience.
Video: click on it to view

Thick cayenne
DSCN0559.jpg

Overview
DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

Jalabanero flower and early pods
DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

Pimenta De Neyde
DSCN0560.jpg

Congo Habanero Flower overload
DSCN0567.jpg

to be continued

Thanks Rick
Well now to more pictures and video

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0574.jpg

Video

7 pot Chaguanes #2 but looking more like #1
DSCN0571.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

Jamie heat special
DSCN0577.jpg

Pimenta De Neyde flowers
DSCN0575.jpg
One more sequal for the week

Video

Mystery AjiJoe plant
DSCN0574.jpg

New additions
DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg

Wow, do you even have space too walk in there :D Plants look great, Fernando! Like the rest I'm curious about the Jalabanero also, how will it taste :)

No problem Fernando, I completly understand how things get someitmes. Just trying to follow all of the Glogs I have come to enjoy and glean information from is almost a 40 hour a week job in itself. Plants are really looking great. Your drip system is doing right by ya.

Have a great week
Bill

Wow Fernandoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That is an amazing turn around in one month. Plants are loving that socal weather.

Nice work :dance:

Back