• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SoCalChilehead 2012/2013 grow log

This will be my first grow list/grow log, so hopefully everybody enjoys. This November will be my first complete year of growing experience and it was entertaining and stressing at the same time. This season hopefully I can implement everything I have learned through various threads and have a great 2012 season
onfire.gif
. I will start everything from seeds and maybe keep three plants from my existing season. Well now to my list:
Red Trinidad Scorpion 1
Trinidad Scorpion Green 3
Trinidad Scorpion yellow 1
Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (2 or 4 hopefully)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 2
7 pot Chaguanas 2
7 pot Brainstrain red 1
7 pot Brainstrain yellow 1
7 pot Jonah 1
7 pot yellow 1
7 pot Burgundy 1
7 pot Brown 1
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia 1
Bhut Jolokia Peach 2
Bhut Jolokia Red 1
Bhut Jolokia yellow 1
Black Naga 1
Fatalii yellow 2
Peach Scorpanero 1
Large White Habanero 1
Congo Habanero 1
Sweet Habanero 1
Habanero Red Savina 1
Thai Dragon 1
Assam 1
Wasp 1
Large Hot Cherry 1
Giant Jalapeno 1
Wild Brazil 1
Holy Mole 1
Cayenne Thick 1
Broome Chile 1
Tobango Scotch Bonnet 1
Naga Morich 1
Zavory Nabanero 1
Aji Joe Mystery Hot Mix from Indian (1), Baccatum (1), Hot (1)

Thanks again to all the members for their help on the vast of information found on the THP forum and ability to build my grow list.

pods looking good, and your new babies are looking good
Thanks man yea excited to grow some new varities and some of the same. It aight nothing like that carving and food presentation you and few other members show that were I need to step up at next.
Wow, do you even have space too walk in there :D Plants look great, Fernando! Like the rest I'm curious about the Jalabanero also, how will it taste :)
Stefan Thanks yea the drip has been a help I am considering trying to turn the trinidad varities in to trees to see if I can make it into a true jungle. I tried one of the baby pods not alot of flavor habanero eat stayed for about 5 to 10 minutes then slowing died down hopefully I can get them to their true size like SS, but we will see.
No problem Fernando, I completly understand how things get someitmes. Just trying to follow all of the Glogs I have come to enjoy and glean information from is almost a 40 hour a week job in itself. Plants are really looking great. Your drip system is doing right by ya.

Have a great week
Bill
Thanks Billyea I tried to keep up but if you miss one day a glog can fall back three pages because of people awesome poddage or information. Yea the drip has been a great investment and help through the watering espeically since it has become a hassle to each corner without the fear of falling on top of a plant.
Wow Fernandoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That is an amazing turn around in one month. Plants are loving that socal weather.

Nice work :dance:
Thanks Jamie yea looking back at pictures especially the pimenta de neyde that was only about 8 inchs tall just two months ago into what it is now is just amazing I can not wait to try the pods hopefully the flavor is as Omri expressed them to be last year on another thread, but this plant will be the mother of a few experiments I am working on with most of these varieties.
Looking great, man! Lots of stuff going on there.
Thanks DocNrock yea I am excited to see the end result of this year
Thanks again everyone for stopping by I hope you are enjoying it and any recommendations or questions feel free to post away

Hey everybody have to apologize for hoarding this mini harvest pods I did one Jalabanero the other day nice heat level more habaneroish and no flavor not sure if that is from the inconsistency of watering, so I will have to try this one again to give a better review.
2 Tobango Scotch Bonnets (Pepperlover great person and business to support) and 3 Jalabanero
DSCN0556.jpg

Sorry about the glare on this picture
DSCN0555.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by

Thanks man yea excited to grow some new varities and some of the same. It aight nothing like that carving and food presentation you and few other members show that were I need to step up at next.

its so fun to grow plants starting from seed you see them from being seeds to a fully grown monsters,i got a long way with my carving skill not good enough and were on our last week for that class and next is my HOT1 kitchen with a german chef and his a ex german army also lol, freaking crazy sucka

and nice pods i hope my new babies will do good this time

Thanks guys
Shane I ate a slice of one of the tobango SB sweet flavor with mild heat, but I think I wont get a true level of heat and flavor on the pods until this next harvest when the drip system was installed. I can not wait to get my face smash in by the heat with most of these serial killers.
Pinoy good luck with with your class what you have presented here has been amazing. It is thrilling to watch them transform especially when they surpass your expectations. Once they start getting those teas they will become monsters good luck.
Thanks again everyone for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying it

Well since I had the weekend off and making a check up on my plants I thought I share sorry for no names I can see and hate trying to look into the plants for tags especially when it feels like something is crawling up on you. Well here is a few going to need a tag for a bump
First what I look at when I enter
DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

TS red (Aji Joe)
DSCN0587.jpg

Mystery Baccatum (Aji Joe)
DSCN0588.jpg

Yellow Bhut (Pepperlover)
DSCN0592.jpg

Overwintered Lemon (Peppermania last year)
DSCN0594.jpg

7 Pod Chagaunes #2 Golf Ball (CMP Chris)
DSCN0600.jpg

Fatalii patch (forgot)
DSCN0598.jpg

Cayenne Thick
DSCN0613.jpg

Sorry I hate being limited picture post

7 pod jonah
DSCN0603.jpg

Peach bhut flower overload
DSCN0606.jpg

Yellow Scorpanero looking wierd
DSCN0607.jpg

Mystery Aji Joe flower and pod
DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

Another pod from Mystery Baccatum
DSCN0610.jpg

More random

DSCN0604.jpg

DSCN0605.jpg

Thanks Jamison
dang need one more bump

Lol Thnks Doc I am hurry and don't want to post the rest later. I don't know why their is a limit it becomes a pain at times.
Finally the last 6 pics for the week or two
Red rocoto (Aji Joe)
DSCN0611.jpg

DSCN0612.jpg

Pimenta De Neyde flower
DSCN0614.jpg

Jalabanero Flower
DSCN0615.jpg

Non pepper shot
Guayaba yellow interior and small awesome flavor
DSCN0618.jpg

My blue pit bathing our cat
DSCN0557.jpg

Thanks everyone hope you enjoy and I will be back later

Hey Fernando! Looking great! Think I spooked you a bit with the spider pics...sorry. Anyway everything looks amazing and is loaded with flowers and pods! :dance:

The pic limit is 10...so you could actually post a couple more per post, but it is still a PAIN!

Looking great Fernando! Not a big fan of the pic limit either but... yeah not a fan. Anyway that "Mystery Aji Joe flower and pod" looks a lot like I got growing here. Peeps said that it's a CAP1546 but the pods on mine weren't erected and that's the same with your plant. How does it taste and which color phases goes it through?

Hey Fernando! Looking great! Think I spooked you a bit with the spider pics...sorry. Anyway everything looks amazing and is loaded with flowers and pods! :dance:

The pic limit is 10...so you could actually post a couple more per post, but it is still a PAIN!
Lol nah you didn't spook me I have been spooked about spiders for a long time now I usually turn the other way when I see spiders that that are way to big for my comfort level. Yea I think my heavy harvest will be late season which will awesome that means less risk of sunburned peppers.
Looking great Fernando! Not a big fan of the pic limit either but... yeah not a fan. Anyway that "Mystery Aji Joe flower and pod" looks a lot like I got growing here. Peeps said that it's a CAP1546 but the pods on mine weren't erected and that's the same with your plant. How does it taste and which color phases goes it through?
Yea Stephan I think it was your growlog from CG that I originally saw the picture and asked Joe about, but he wasn't sure. I also found Vlad that had a CAP 1546 that was completely different from what we both had. I am just going to keep it Aji Joe mystery it much similar to a thai in heat and flavor, but looking to being one heavy producer. Which would be awesome for siranchi or powder.
Awesome looking pods bud!!! Your plants are kicking some ass!!! Now thats the way its done, awesome job bro!!!
Thanks Mega yea plus I have it setup I think where I wouldn't need to overwinter and have an earlier production next year and maybe some TS or 7 pod trees especially when I start adding rabbit poo (thanks AJ for the info).
Looking good Fernando. Gonna need a big freezer soon :onfire:
Hopefully, but the goal is to start making some powders and there are few members here that wouldn't mind helping me take care of a few pods. I was also planning on going to a few resturants and seeing if they would be interested in a few pods. O I have two of the seeds that you sent have sprouted and moved to party cups then will they will be moved into a 25 gallon tube similar to AJ just square style. Thanks again

Thanks everyone stopping by and hope you are enjoying the pics

Yup, definitely enjoying the pics. Looks like you may be seriously into harvesting chiles on your break between terms at school!

Back