• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SoCalChilehead 2012/2013 grow log

This will be my first grow list/grow log, so hopefully everybody enjoys. This November will be my first complete year of growing experience and it was entertaining and stressing at the same time. This season hopefully I can implement everything I have learned through various threads and have a great 2012 season
onfire.gif
. I will start everything from seeds and maybe keep three plants from my existing season. Well now to my list:
Red Trinidad Scorpion 1
Trinidad Scorpion Green 3
Trinidad Scorpion yellow 1
Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (2 or 4 hopefully)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 2
7 pot Chaguanas 2
7 pot Brainstrain red 1
7 pot Brainstrain yellow 1
7 pot Jonah 1
7 pot yellow 1
7 pot Burgundy 1
7 pot Brown 1
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia 1
Bhut Jolokia Peach 2
Bhut Jolokia Red 1
Bhut Jolokia yellow 1
Black Naga 1
Fatalii yellow 2
Peach Scorpanero 1
Large White Habanero 1
Congo Habanero 1
Sweet Habanero 1
Habanero Red Savina 1
Thai Dragon 1
Assam 1
Wasp 1
Large Hot Cherry 1
Giant Jalapeno 1
Wild Brazil 1
Holy Mole 1
Cayenne Thick 1
Broome Chile 1
Tobango Scotch Bonnet 1
Naga Morich 1
Zavory Nabanero 1
Aji Joe Mystery Hot Mix from Indian (1), Baccatum (1), Hot (1)

Thanks again to all the members for their help on the vast of information found on the THP forum and ability to build my grow list.

Hmmm. How many miles are you from San Dimas?! Hmmm. In case u need help harvesting. Lol. Awesome pics. Wish I had a setup like that. Keep it up. Btw. How hot does it get in the greenhouse ?

man oh man, plants and pods looking good buddy!! you will have your hands full here very soon wiht all the pods you will be needing to harvest!

Rick thanks yea I can not wait excited for a few varities and create some new ones.

Hey Dennis thanks for the offer, but I think I will be aight it not to many plants like melissa so I should be alright. It stay about the same temperature as outside top wont be covered until we hit November when I will enclose it for the cold to reduce the need of overwintering and hopefully get a jump start next year. With power inside I can hook up some LED UFOs and a heater to help the plants continue flowering and podding up.

Eric thanks man yeah it will be a late harvest for me because I didn't realize I was going to need a drip system for the root pouches or I would have been harvesting earlier, but it a learning process and it has really help turn around my season.

Thanks again everyone for stopping by

Thanks Vlad but you have some awesome stuff yourself expect me to check out rainbowchiliseeds once we officially end our season to see what is new.

Thanks Doc yeah just make sure your happy with the list you have and peppers that you can enjoy because it will seem disappointing if you can not enjoy what you harvest. That why my list is the way it is I have one section for family, then me, and finally special cross breeding project calling it "Area 68". It always great when you can share with family and introduce them to new peppers that are completely different from the traditional hab and jalapenos. Like Aji Joe Mystery has become a fan favorite for one member of my family he calls and ask if their are any pods from that one and just he just started his own Aji Joe mystery plant.

Good advice, Socal. I actually am happy with the choice of superhots this time around. My wife makes awesome curry and a pepper or two would go a long way. If I am lucky enough to get pods this year, I may try my hand at selling them (with a disclaimer, hahaha!) at the local Farmer's Market. I don't think anyone there has superhots for sale. I'm thinking a few people might buy them just for the novelty. What doesn't sell I can freeze, make powders, hot sauces, etc.

Also, on the milder end, my wife has planted a couple of Jalapeno plants and an orange Habanero. She got them from the 99 cent store! The Jalapenos already have a couple of peppers each and the Hab is just starting to bud. They're only about a foot tall! I'm curious if the Hab will grow true, or not.

Aight man that good if your interested I will send you a few non super just pm
Good advice, Socal. I actually am happy with the choice of superhots this time around. My wife makes awesome curry and a pepper or two would go a long way. If I am lucky enough to get pods this year, I may try my hand at selling them (with a disclaimer, hahaha!) at the local Farmer's Market. I don't think anyone there has superhots for sale. I'm thinking a few people might buy them just for the novelty. What doesn't sell I can freeze, make powders, hot sauces, etc.

Also, on the milder end, my wife has planted a couple of Jalapeno plants and an orange Habanero. She got them from the 99 cent store! The Jalapenos already have a couple of peppers each and the Hab is just starting to bud. They're only about a foot tall! I'm curious if the Hab will grow true, or not.

Hey Fernando - finally got a chance to catch up on your glog. The
plants have really taken to the greenhouse you built. They really look
amazing and healthy. Glad to see you are getting the drip system
dialed in, that saves a lot of work and worry for sure.

You are creating a nice little pepper empire there.

Thanks Paul yea the drip system was a life and time saver for me that what I failed to realize when purchasing these pots the certain requirements that were not mention about about the product. Lol empire I wish, but the family is calling it the jungle now the backrow everything is at 3 feet minimum and pimenta de neyde is just rocking out it should hit the ceiling by the end of the season, which is 8 feet not producing alot so I have been considering topping the higher branches. My season goal is to have pepper trees that create a canopy.
Thanks alot for stopping by

Hello everybody not a real update, but more small illustration
Well it happen to me got a not, but still awesome and producing a ton of pods
Not a Bhut Jolokia Yellow (just Bhut Jolokia red)
DSCN0632.jpg

TS red looking amazing
DSCN0631.jpg

7 pod Yellow Brain
DSCN0629.jpg

7 pod Jonah
DSCN0630.jpg

7 pod Chaguanes #2
At first it was looking like the #1 version now the new pods are becoming more elongated, so hopefully they become true to #2 it just amazing to see the different variations within one plant
Couple of days ago
DSCN0600.jpg

Today
DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0627.jpg

Funny how some plants do that huh...3 or 4 different pod shapes on one plant??? Your yellow brain looks really cool!

Dude, your plants give me pod envy. Seriously, I am stoked for you. Everyday when I get home I look at my sprouts. Today I am psyched that almost half of them are sprouting their second set of leaves! Then I went to my wife's store bought plants to find a couple of jalaps and some hab flower pods starting to form.

Good on you. Enjoy your harvest. You've earned it.

Well I decided to update because I was trying my best to walk around make everything is going well it seems I only have two problem childs (Douglah x TS, Giant White hab) this year, which is not bad and I think it has to do more with the heat than anything else. It was amazing checking everything out being able to see all the plants start to pack in the pods. No pest which has been amazing. Pictures
More brain starting to form only found one pod out of the dozen that didn't have the brain characteristics
Yellow 7 pod brain (pepperlover)
DSCN0659.jpg

Bhut Red
DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

7 pod/pot Chaguanes #2 (Chris)
DSCN0663.jpg

Baby Douglah (source Bhhutman I think that is the name)
DSCN0666.jpg

7 pod/pot Burgundy(pepperlover)
DSCN0658.jpg

Pimenta De Neyde (Orangehero) I am only letting it fruit once then it project time with both plants
DSCN0669.jpg

Aji Joe Mystery (very productive for a small plant pods seem to get bigger)
DSCN0674.jpg
to be continued after a bump

Thanks Jamison
Not 7 pod primo red (orangehero)
DSCN0675.jpg

TS mouroga (Orangehero)
DSCN0676.jpg

Choclate Congo (AjiJoe)
DSCN0679.jpg

overwintered Lemon (peppermania)
DSCN0680.jpg

Peach Bhut (AjiJoe)
DSCN0681.jpg

Cayenne Thick (Silver Surfer)
DSCN0683.jpg

Mystery Baccatum (AjiJoe) They look amazing
DSCN0682.jpg

Adopted from Jamie thanks again will not reveal the name until the pods start forming
DSCN0684.jpg

Some late starts kicking into high gear
DSCN0689.jpg

That is it for now hope you all enjoy sorry about the blurry pics the sun was not being a friend

Everythings looking awesome Fernando, lovin' the pod pics!
Keep up the good work buddy.

It's been too long since I took a look.
I hope all is well with you :)

Brandon

Back