• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SoCalChilehead 2012/2013 grow log

This will be my first grow list/grow log, so hopefully everybody enjoys. This November will be my first complete year of growing experience and it was entertaining and stressing at the same time. This season hopefully I can implement everything I have learned through various threads and have a great 2012 season
onfire.gif
. I will start everything from seeds and maybe keep three plants from my existing season. Well now to my list:
Red Trinidad Scorpion 1
Trinidad Scorpion Green 3
Trinidad Scorpion yellow 1
Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (2 or 4 hopefully)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 2
7 pot Chaguanas 2
7 pot Brainstrain red 1
7 pot Brainstrain yellow 1
7 pot Jonah 1
7 pot yellow 1
7 pot Burgundy 1
7 pot Brown 1
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia 1
Bhut Jolokia Peach 2
Bhut Jolokia Red 1
Bhut Jolokia yellow 1
Black Naga 1
Fatalii yellow 2
Peach Scorpanero 1
Large White Habanero 1
Congo Habanero 1
Sweet Habanero 1
Habanero Red Savina 1
Thai Dragon 1
Assam 1
Wasp 1
Large Hot Cherry 1
Giant Jalapeno 1
Wild Brazil 1
Holy Mole 1
Cayenne Thick 1
Broome Chile 1
Tobango Scotch Bonnet 1
Naga Morich 1
Zavory Nabanero 1
Aji Joe Mystery Hot Mix from Indian (1), Baccatum (1), Hot (1)

Thanks again to all the members for their help on the vast of information found on the THP forum and ability to build my grow list.

Very nice what you and Stickman are doing in the Marketplace giveaway.

The more I see of it, the more I am really liking the Nedya plants. Awesome looking.

Very nice what you and Stickman are doing in the Marketplace giveaway.

The more I see of it, the more I am really liking the Nedya plants. Awesome looking.
Thanks Brent Rick glog is just amazing and kind enough to send me a few of the Korean varieties. The Pimenta De Neyde is awesome that is the reason I tried so hard to look for and found when Orangehero offered them up in a trade. I am excited to try it I have heard mix reviews hopefully the fruit hit a positive because the plant has already surpass my expectations.

First I want to apologize because I put the wrong name tag on each of these peppers, so here is my personal review on both of these peppers with the proper tag and photo.
Andy F1 hybrid gochu

DSCN0828.jpg

It seems this one had no heat to me very sweet flavor that you can smell once cutting the pepper open. It is a thin wall that makes it great for rista. The placenta is a thick center I tried just eating that to see if I would get some heat, but to no avail. I personally would enjoy this pepper fresh more than anything especially during a superhot stomach break. This pepper has a high seed count.
Korean winner hybrid

DSCN0874.jpg

This pepper was my favorite from the two. I reminded me of the cayenne thick where you get a sweet flavor at first then a nice burn that would follow. The heat on this I would say less than a Jalapeno. The burn was focus on the tongue, but only lasted less than 3 mins that with eating half of the pepper. This one would be perfect for those that enjoy the heat that does not overwhelm a meal. With this pepper being a thick wall it retains a lot of the water that provides that refreshing flavor when you bite into it. High seed count as well.
I thought these peppers overall would be a great addition to anyone garden especially those not looking for a lot of heat and something that the family could enjoy. I have plenty of seeds to pass out for those interested. Rick has done amazing things with this pepper and you see everything on his glog http://thehotpepper....540#entry677960 . The link to the forum ads for the seeds http://thehotpepper....ds/#entry676819

Thanks again Rick
Sorry no update today next one will be this weekend

Hello Everybody,
Warning just a teaser shots.
I decided to check out the plants before heading out and I was just amazed by the progress from day 1 to now. I know I said I would not do photos anymore but I could not hold out and show the amazing pods. While I have only just started using Boogiebrew I am completely sold next season I will be purchasing their 55 lb bag of tea rather than the 2 lb. I have only watered with the tea once every three weeks rather than every week as stated, but still seeing great results on the bigger plants as well the 1 gallon containers.
Now to a few pics BUMP will not be needed stayed within the 10 pic limit:
Peach Bhut
DSCN0879.jpg

Naga Morich (basically dead until Boogie brew helped it along)
DSCN0884.jpg

Not 7 pod primo red
DSCN0890.jpg

7 pod Brown
DSCN0891.jpg

Douglah x TS Brown
DSCN0887.jpg

7 pod brainstrain yellow
DSCN0880.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Green
DSCN0882.jpg

Not Trinidad Scorpion Green
DSCN0881.jpg

7 pod Burgundy
DSCN0883.jpg

Yellow Scorpanero
DSCN0888.jpg

Wow Fernando, it looks like you are going to be rolling in pods pretty soon! Once one starts turning, they all start turning. You got some great varieties, and bet you are gonna regret biting into that Douglah x TS Brown!

:onfire:

Wow Fernando, it looks like you are going to be rolling in pods pretty soon! Once one starts turning, they all start turning. You got some great varieties, and bet you are gonna regret biting into that Douglah x TS Brown!

:onfire:
Matt thanks lol I think you are right about the regret, but I am sure I wont be the only one :D .

Thanks Brent that what it is turning out to be its starting to get harder and harder to maneuver in there the original idea was that these plants would get 3 ft max without being to bushy that turned out false, which you will see when I do the video update.

Thanks for stopping by

Fernando,
Your plants are really starting to kick in. Are all those plants outside, I can see some pavers on the ground but a few of the photos appear to have plants perhaps in a sun room?

Greg

Wow Fernando your plants are stacking up like firworks on the 4th of July. You are gonna need a big freezer when all is said and done. Great reviews as well . But I may have missed something. Why did you say you were not going to post pics anymore. That would be a bad thing :cool:

Very nice sir,it has been awhile since I checked in. I am breaking branches everyday while harvesting. The potted plants are easy,but the inground plants are a horse of another color. Every move, I hear a snap and pray it was just a leaf. The inground plants seem to be "bushing" like the 70's.
Lol I having that same problem with my plants everything is deciding to spead out rather than grow tall. My jalabanero is almost catching up to my pimenta de neyde plant. I am looking at next season to cut back on the number of plants, which I think will end up a lie.
Thanks for stopping by
Fernando,
Your plants are really starting to kick in. Are all those plants outside, I can see some pavers on the ground but a few of the photos appear to have plants perhaps in a sun room?

Greg
Greg thanks for stopping by. Yeah everything is outside in a wood frame hunt with screening material around to inclose it from bugs except for half of the right side ceiling, which is still open due to my grandmother braking her femur and our extra time spent with her once she gets home we will enclose the rest of the ceiling. I call it my pepper sanctuary I am going to put some UFO LED lights inside and a heat for the winter since there is power . The place does get humid at night I went in tonight with a dry shirt to feed some boogiebrew came out sweating and a damp shirt felt like a sauna I need to step outside to catch some of the brezze plants seem to be loving it.
DSCN0464.jpg

DSCN0470.jpg

Wow Fernando your plants are stacking up like firworks on the 4th of July. You are gonna need a big freezer when all is said and done. Great reviews as well . But I may have missed something. Why did you say you were not going to post pics anymore. That would be a bad thing :cool:
Thanks Jamie. Lol that is what I want to avoid I am going to be powdering and saucing full time I think. I want to do straight video updates rather than pictures because I having trouble with the setting and don't feel like making a hassle to adjust, but when I can get good few pics I will post otherwise it video for the rest of the time. I am trying to keep the video update on a weekly basis because I started to notice pods changing color party time soon :dance: .
very nice fernando you got some jungle with full of pods, feeling the heat soon :dance:
Thanks Eric yup these peach bhuts got my savoring for some pain the flavor is suppose to be awesome on these bad boys. Next month I should get the pots to you the 5 and 10 gallon since I bought extra I will see what fits in a MFRB.

Thanks everyone for stopping by and those looky loos
Thanks to those that are a part of my garden one way or another this year has been amazing and hope to grow it into an awesome year.
Video update this weekend
Have a great week and wekkend stay refresh with a pepper

Thanks everyone
Not sure yet Stefan if we do it would be for herbs and strawberries.
Well sorry for the delay everyone youtube was being an arse with the upload that I barely got to upload the second part today. I broke it down to two parts because I found hornworm or catepillar poop and started a search and destroy, but with no luck soon or later I will find it and provide a great farwell not so much like the McDermotts check out their youtube page he shot one with airsoft gun I think the video is up and hung another I couldn't find this video. Sorry I couldn't post the video it said exceeded the limit on media post.

Well time for an update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbxVOIc3SQk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUiI2Xuj3us

Everything is going great and finally starting to see some ripening on a few superhots almost time to start getting the fire started :onfire:
I will probably slow down on the updates as I start my last year of school on Monday argggg only a two day break I have burnout a few times already, but my garden has helpped me take a mental break when I needed it.
Everybody knows what to do questions and comments post away
Thanks again for stopping by hope you enjoy your season as I have

Back