• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SoCalChilehead 2012/2013 grow log

This will be my first grow list/grow log, so hopefully everybody enjoys. This November will be my first complete year of growing experience and it was entertaining and stressing at the same time. This season hopefully I can implement everything I have learned through various threads and have a great 2012 season
onfire.gif
. I will start everything from seeds and maybe keep three plants from my existing season. Well now to my list:
Red Trinidad Scorpion 1
Trinidad Scorpion Green 3
Trinidad Scorpion yellow 1
Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (2 or 4 hopefully)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 2
7 pot Chaguanas 2
7 pot Brainstrain red 1
7 pot Brainstrain yellow 1
7 pot Jonah 1
7 pot yellow 1
7 pot Burgundy 1
7 pot Brown 1
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia 1
Bhut Jolokia Peach 2
Bhut Jolokia Red 1
Bhut Jolokia yellow 1
Black Naga 1
Fatalii yellow 2
Peach Scorpanero 1
Large White Habanero 1
Congo Habanero 1
Sweet Habanero 1
Habanero Red Savina 1
Thai Dragon 1
Assam 1
Wasp 1
Large Hot Cherry 1
Giant Jalapeno 1
Wild Brazil 1
Holy Mole 1
Cayenne Thick 1
Broome Chile 1
Tobango Scotch Bonnet 1
Naga Morich 1
Zavory Nabanero 1
Aji Joe Mystery Hot Mix from Indian (1), Baccatum (1), Hot (1)

Thanks again to all the members for their help on the vast of information found on the THP forum and ability to build my grow list.

Took some time today to look for that hornworm still no luck, but decided to take some pictures of the peppers
Lemon (Beth peppermania)
DSCN0921.jpg

Brainstrain red (Judy Pepperlover)
DSCN0913.jpg

Douglah x TS Brown (Beaglestorm/Silversurfer)
DSCN0914.jpg

Cayenne Thick (SilverSurfer)
DSCN0934.jpg

Not congo hab (Aji Joe)
DSCN0927.jpg

TS red (Aji Joe)
DSCN0918.jpg

Peach Bhut (Aji Joe)
DSCN0931.jpg

Brainstrain yellow (Judy Pepperlover)
DSCN0916.jpg

Mystery Superhot
DSCN0923.jpg

Not 7 pod primo red
DSCN0922.jpg

Everything looks great, Fernando. Nice pic of the sanctuary. You did a
nice job building that. Glad to hear you like the root pouches. I am
liking mine. They don't get as hot as the nursery pots in the sun, at
least to the touch, and I'm not sure they dry out faster. I give a seven
gallon pot 2 or 3 quarts of water and that lasts from one or two days
(in 100F heat) to 4 or 5 days in moderate temps and longer in cool
temps (low 70's).

have a good weekend my friend. Oh yeah, the Costeno Amarillo is
putting out lots of pods. the Peach Hab is growing nicely, and the
Giant Jal is finally starting to put out some growth!

edit: Good luck in school this year! Avoid burnout!

Thanks Paul
Yeah the root pouch have been amazing 10 gallon or higher will be the only ones I use for next season the 5 gallons will be used for strawberries and herbs. I time my drip system 10 mins equal 2 cups of water which is what they get every other day it seems to waste less water and gives the plants what they need without overwatering. That is great news about the costeno amarillo and your garden is doing amazing my friend. I am glad and ready to finish the burning out is normally caused by me over doing my work, but the plants have help in moments when I get tired just take a 10 min check up of the plants and pods I return to normal state of mind. Dude your killing those pods I couldn't do one everyday, so I made a powder out of the left over pods.
Have a great weekend as well

Garden is looking sweet Fernando! Keep hitting the books so you don't end up like me ;)

How are those mystery seeds I sent ya doing?

Have a great weekend !

Thanks Brent I currently have my Associates degree in psychology and about to get my bachelor's degree in Business with specialization in finance and international business.

Thanks Jamie you have a great life an awesome family and peppers what else can a person ask for. One of the plants is kicking off I had to transplant it into a one gallon and the other for some reason has stalled out I hope it starts to take off soon, but it okay because it just means one plant is getting a 25 gallon all to itself.

Thanks again for stopping by
Have a great weekend everybody

Hi Fernando
I've been lovin' your pics and vids... Lots going on at Chez Fernando! Are you getting ready to go back to school in a couple of weeks? Good luck man! Do your family proud.

Dude I just finished my summer classes today took my last final this morning and start the fall session in Monday aggg :mope: , but I got my books so this weekend spend time looking over everything and get some decent sleep :dance: .
Thanks man stopping by

Go get 'em, man. Education will open so many doors. Definitely take advantage of it. You will not regret it.

And you have one more post to "1000." ;)

Good luck with your last year of school until you
decide to get a Master's degree!
Enjoy your good night's sleep this weekend!

Kickin off your last year!!! :dance: Awesome!!! Hope you find that hornworm...I find sign of them and can be looking for a good half hour...nothing. Then you spot one right in front of your face the size of a Dachshund!

Thanks everyone I am excited to move on and see what opportunities I find. I am currently looking overseas at the moment for positions trying to get to more languages under my belt before I finish portuguese and mandarin, which should be fun rosetta stone will be the tutor.
Well a small update:
Everything looks amazing just found some aphids this morning so I already ordered some ladybugs
DSCN0939.jpg

DSCN0940.jpg

DSCN0942.jpg

DSCN0943.jpg

7 pot yellow x TS yellow leaves
DSCN0944.jpg

Pimenta de neyde 5 gallon container hit 6 ft
DSCN0941.jpg

Brainstrain yellow (Judy Pepperlover)
DSCN0945.jpg

7 pod burgundy
DSCN0946.jpg

Finally the gift Jamie sent
DSCN0947.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day and garden season
Thanks everyone for stopping by

Wow dude, a 6 foot pepper plant, now that is pretty amazing. I bet you are loving the color, once it starts, it is almost unstoppable. You are going to find yourself spending even more time out there making sure you didn't miss one ripe one!

Man those plants are rockin. It has to be the California Sun. The plants are huge. "Elephant" size leaves.
Good luck with the new lingo.......and the rest of your grow..

Greg

Back