• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SoCalChilehead 2012/2013 grow log

This will be my first grow list/grow log, so hopefully everybody enjoys. This November will be my first complete year of growing experience and it was entertaining and stressing at the same time. This season hopefully I can implement everything I have learned through various threads and have a great 2012 season
onfire.gif
. I will start everything from seeds and maybe keep three plants from my existing season. Well now to my list:
Red Trinidad Scorpion 1
Trinidad Scorpion Green 3
Trinidad Scorpion yellow 1
Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (2 or 4 hopefully)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 2
7 pot Chaguanas 2
7 pot Brainstrain red 1
7 pot Brainstrain yellow 1
7 pot Jonah 1
7 pot yellow 1
7 pot Burgundy 1
7 pot Brown 1
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia 1
Bhut Jolokia Peach 2
Bhut Jolokia Red 1
Bhut Jolokia yellow 1
Black Naga 1
Fatalii yellow 2
Peach Scorpanero 1
Large White Habanero 1
Congo Habanero 1
Sweet Habanero 1
Habanero Red Savina 1
Thai Dragon 1
Assam 1
Wasp 1
Large Hot Cherry 1
Giant Jalapeno 1
Wild Brazil 1
Holy Mole 1
Cayenne Thick 1
Broome Chile 1
Tobango Scotch Bonnet 1
Naga Morich 1
Zavory Nabanero 1
Aji Joe Mystery Hot Mix from Indian (1), Baccatum (1), Hot (1)

Thanks again to all the members for their help on the vast of information found on the THP forum and ability to build my grow list.

Fernando, great looking harvest/pods! Hope you find an dehydrator, still need to get me one as well. Same issue here with using the oven, although I don't have to sleep outside, I simply can't because of the baby.

Thanks Stefan yea I am looking at getting a 9 tray dehydrator as next year will hopefully be mindblowing in poddage :pray:.
Well here are the seedling like I said do everything cheap don't need to buy lights or heatmat the best part no hardening off necessary.
Most of the Judy (Pepperlover) and Semillas (Dr. Peter) seeds were started on Monday SilverSurfer Thurdays CMPMAN1974 (Chris) Yesterday and this morning
Early killers
DSCN1189.jpg

Inside the bag (Mini Polytunnel)
DSCN1190.jpg

Overview
DSCN1191.jpg

Thanks Brent yea hopefully, but I think I might just keep trimming the plant hopefully get them bushy so maybe by early feb may let it start podding up. I found a old school floor warmer driving past a garage sale in my neighborhood, so that will come to great use during late dec and jan. I am planning on trimming the overwinters at the end of nov and taking everything out by first week of dec. How has things been going your way.

Thanks Brent yea hopefully, but I think I might just keep trimming the plant hopefully get them bushy so maybe by early feb may let it start podding up. I found a old school floor warmer driving past a garage sale in my neighborhood, so that will come to great use during late dec and jan. I am planning on trimming the overwinters at the end of nov and taking everything out by first week of dec. How has things been going your way.

Great plan. Will be looking for your pod shots. Going fine on this end. Just watering to keep the plants alive and see what they do.

That great to hear Brent I ended up ordering the Dehydrator last night due to gas out, which ended up banishing me from the oven use for peppers I was trying to get these pods from the last harvest dehydrated still have a big bowl to get done before the weekend.
Well a small update plants are looking great 100% germination so far from everything that has germinated. I only sow 1 or 2 seeds due to the trust I have in the vendors and individuals I recieve my seeds from that everything will be great and from experience they continue to provide great results. Jamie here is that adopted seeds you sent me still in the one gallon trying to delay the movement for another week or 2 atleast.
Jamie Mystery
DSCN1194.jpg

Half done
DSCN1195.jpg

Still waiting
DSCN1196.jpg

Hey Greg thanks for stopping by how was the vacation and how your garden doing has to be loaded again going to need a 35 gallon container for your next harvest. The seeds I purchase and got from trades made it irresistible especially with the weather help solidify my decision to start now. I was also able to find a floor heater cheap at a yeard sale by my house, so I should be okay through the rough 3 weeks or month of cold weather.

Lol Stefan you can start seedlings and say that you started flowers for her.

Well mini update everything is starting to bud up again so hopefully soon I will see another harvest here is the Red Rocoto (Aji Joe) starting to produce pods

DSCN1199.jpg

DSCN1198.jpg

Love seeing this in the morning before feeding my plants (Boogie Brew)
DSCN1197.jpg

G'damnit.. I shouldn't have stopped by. Now you got me wanting to start 2013 seeds! lol.

Now I feel like I have a devil on one shoulder tellin me "Go ahead man.. Start them seeds!" And an angel on the other slapping my hand "NO! Bad Dog!" :lol:

Everything is looking great buddy. Loving the tea shot. Good luck with your new starts, not that you need it. :D
Should be a even bigger year for you next year!

Brent that is great to hear it is an amazing list.

Brandon sorry brother is had to everything I got from Chris, SS, Judy, Grant, and Dr.Peter had to do it the Chili Gods would have condemned me if I held out any longer
from these amazing varieties. The sooner I start the sooner I harvest and extend my season. Hopefully it is as I got a couple of things that I will add to my soil that should help with the nutrient uptake.

Thanks Rick got to harvest the rocoto dang these things are awesome fresh now what create with them.

Lol Shane nah man if I get a break I feel that I am missing out on the opportunity to try these things earlier than expected and plus I love the challenge of trying to keep these guys kicking through the minor cold weather we will face.

Hi Fernando
Thought you might like this recipe for Rocoto Rellenos...

http://www.yanuq.com...sp?idreceta=958

The recipe says to boil them three times... that's probably to "pull their fangs" so they're not as spicy for the folks who have a hard time with really hot chiles.

I've also seen recipes for chicken cooked with rocoto mayonnaise, pickled rocotos, and of course you could dry them and make powder... I bet they'd be excellent if you smoked them first. Do they have the same apricot smell as the orange manzanos when you cut them?

Looking good man. Im soooo jealous. I want to start some seeds. I have so many awesome varieties that are pure seed for next season. I cannot wait. Them rocotos looks tasty.

Thanks Rick the chili flakes I had made with nothing but superhot I think need some extra sweet flavor, so I think that what I am going to do with it just dry and flake it.

Jamison thanks buddy I am going to take full advantage of this sunny Cali weather. I don't want to pressure you to start your seeds early, but I would hate to wait and just stare at some awesome seeds in a baggie :whistle: The one I ate was awesome and sweet that it is hard not to add it to my overwinters.

Brent let me see if I can help encourage with the pics

Mini update hope you all enjoy
Cayenne Thick still pushing on
DSCN1210.jpg

Late start mystery I think April and yup 6 feet in a 5 gallon
DSCN1211.jpg

Not 7 pod Burgundy
DSCN1212.jpg

Peach Bhut
DSCN1219.jpg

Bhut
DSCN1213.jpg