• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SoCalChilehead 2012/2013 grow log

This will be my first grow list/grow log, so hopefully everybody enjoys. This November will be my first complete year of growing experience and it was entertaining and stressing at the same time. This season hopefully I can implement everything I have learned through various threads and have a great 2012 season
onfire.gif
. I will start everything from seeds and maybe keep three plants from my existing season. Well now to my list:
Red Trinidad Scorpion 1
Trinidad Scorpion Green 3
Trinidad Scorpion yellow 1
Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (2 or 4 hopefully)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 2
7 pot Chaguanas 2
7 pot Brainstrain red 1
7 pot Brainstrain yellow 1
7 pot Jonah 1
7 pot yellow 1
7 pot Burgundy 1
7 pot Brown 1
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia 1
Bhut Jolokia Peach 2
Bhut Jolokia Red 1
Bhut Jolokia yellow 1
Black Naga 1
Fatalii yellow 2
Peach Scorpanero 1
Large White Habanero 1
Congo Habanero 1
Sweet Habanero 1
Habanero Red Savina 1
Thai Dragon 1
Assam 1
Wasp 1
Large Hot Cherry 1
Giant Jalapeno 1
Wild Brazil 1
Holy Mole 1
Cayenne Thick 1
Broome Chile 1
Tobango Scotch Bonnet 1
Naga Morich 1
Zavory Nabanero 1
Aji Joe Mystery Hot Mix from Indian (1), Baccatum (1), Hot (1)

Thanks again to all the members for their help on the vast of information found on the THP forum and ability to build my grow list.

Good stuff Fernando! How's the greenhouse? Did I miss it somewhere?

edit: Haha Shane and Matt. This is twice today. All you have to do is post all day long and you eventually make to to the top of the page : )

Thanks Paul no you have not missed it as you see it almost complete just the screening the roof is all that needed me and my father have been struggling to find time to complete it from when we orginally started so hopefully by this week or weekend it should be done. I tried getting the greenhouse from harbor freight due to the spacing issue for the size I wanted.

more pics
Fatalii or yellow bhut lost the original sign and just labeled it as a fatalii (Shane this one is for you once ripe)
DSCN0450.jpg

Peach Scorpanero
DSCN0451.jpg

Sweet Banana HD
DSCN0454.jpg

Thai Dragon loaded with green pods and the lone wolf red pod (where waldo)
DSCN0457.jpg

This the Mystery purple from the seeds AJiJoe sent me he said they where purple peru looks different in size and hang pendant style rather than straight up
(Tripled in size from 2 weeks ago)
DSCN0458.jpg

Cayenne Thick (pods and more pods) family favorite
DSCN0459.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

Tobango Scotch Bonnet (very interested in this variety for it potential size and heat)
DSCN0460.jpg

Nonpepper Chadwick Cherry Tomato 5'8"
DSCN0452.jpg

DSCN0453.jpg

The pepper pods are nice, Fernando. I keep forgetting how many varieties you are growing!

Looking good Fernando! I think you might be picking tomatoes in a week or so if you get enough sun to ripen them on the vine. I'm not too far behind you... I have Amish Paste and Sungold Cherry tomatoes that are just starting to get flower buds on them. Maybe in a week or so they'll flower. Cheers!

Yeah buddy! Never had a Yellow Bhut or Fatalii! Got both growing, but they are WAY far behind yours! Wish I could like that post a few more times! Looking great Fernando! Your sideways garden shot looks beautiful! I'm catching up! Won't be long and this pod thing will become a two way street!

The pepper pods are nice, Fernando. I keep forgetting how many varieties you are growing!
Hello thanks I think 40 varieties not sure, but I would love to add 100 to 200 more those are only dreams
Looking good Fernando! I think you might be picking tomatoes in a week or so if you get enough sun to ripen them on the vine. I'm not too far behind you... I have Amish Paste and Sungold Cherry tomatoes that are just starting to get flower buds on them. Maybe in a week or so they'll flower. Cheers!
The cherry tomato I have already been picking a few they are amazing especially the sweetness and joy you great from eating them is priceless. I forgot to add the picture of the Lemon it also has a few tomatoes I picked of two that were big but had some black marks on the skin that didn't want to come off without the skin so I didn't to take a chance damaging my plants or tomatoes so I dumped them.
Yeah buddy! Never had a Yellow Bhut or Fatalii! Got both growing, but they are WAY far behind yours! Wish I could like that post a few more times! Looking great Fernando! Your sideways garden shot looks beautiful! I'm catching up! Won't be long and this pod thing will become a two way street!
Lol likes I count are are the views I get because that means people are seeing what I am doing and that means they maybe interested about what I am growing and how it is growing which could help them or they could provide some advice to help me. Thanks I tried fitting that Chadwick cherry but I had to back up further it is also taller than me lol will need a step stool to just get cherry tomatoes its in a 10 gallon root pouch I want to see how the roots look at the end of the season. Once the others that notice and become produces it may turn into a boxes. Hopefully your mailman doesn't get distracted by the capsicum smell lol.

Well me and my father finally got the opportunity to almost finish the make shift pepper sancutary the ceiling just needs some aluminum screen and the shade cloth will be stablize with pvc so I could remove it easilly when the sun is not hot or insert it when the sun become blistering. Don't focus on the mess once we are done I will clean and add a sheet mulch for the weeds. Hope you all enjoy any advice or questions are welcome here.
DSCN0464.jpg

DSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg

Hey Fernando - good go on the greenhouse, it looks great.
Should make a nice versatile space for your babies! Seems
like there is always something to do, fix or build. Right on :D

Continued success to you, my friend!

Thanks Paul yea I wanted to move my plants to the back yard due to that they were starting to crowd out my mom roses and dog brushing through them. Everything in the setup was due to protect from the neighborhood cats at night, bugs, and heavy rain during the winter. While not all of them will fit that is something I am think about now who will make the new cut into the sancutuary. I was think on the double plants to keep one out and one in and most of the superhot inside not sure yet, but the one that will not fit inside it the cherry tomato due to it almost already going to touch the ceiling I might top it off at it current height not sure yet.

Hi Fernando
That's an amazing structure for sheltering your chiles. nice job juggling school, intensive gardening AND construction projects. Keep up the good work.
I wonder if it's all cherry tomato plants get that tall... the info printed on the packet of Sungold seeds I got said they would get to at least five to seven feet tall.

Hi Fernando
That's an amazing structure for sheltering your chiles. nice job juggling school, intensive gardening AND construction projects. Keep up the good work.
I wonder if it's all cherry tomato plants get that tall... the info printed on the packet of Sungold seeds I got said they would get to at least five to seven feet tall.
Thank Rick well the gardening and school go hand and hand allows me to be distracted from stress with some painful heat. I am dummy I forgot that the bag is a foot tall I think or atleast 11", but the cherry is at my height so 4'8" from the base I will try to measure tomorrow. I purchased the seeds from Burpee it was only suppose to be 42" tall, but Reimer has it listed at 72". Hopefully I can find room for this sucker because I loved the one I have pulled off and I just checked again it has more baby tomatoes.

fernandol.. im maybe 30-40 miles away from you.. ill get the material.. you and your dad come this way and put one up for me .. hahaha...awesome looking pods... keep it up... and prepare for the rain on friday

Oustanding work on your sanctuary Fernando! My Cherry tomato is 6ft and still growing! Its the one I have under the windmill, and it won't be long till I have to tie off the blades so it can keep going up!

Now that's a greenhouse, looks great! How's it going with the Tomatillo's? Mine are showing buds but aren't really that big yet, about 15". Should I pinch or leave them?

fernandol.. im maybe 30-40 miles away from you.. ill get the material.. you and your dad come this way and put one up for me .. hahaha...awesome looking pods... keep it up... and prepare for the rain on friday
Lol it was a hassle, since we both where on different schedules and the fact that I didn't want him working on it on his own because essentially it was my project for my girls. Thanks for the heads on the rain finally some good o rain I only have 2 more plants to transplant into their final pots 2 Not 7 pod red.
Thanks Deenis for stopping by
NICE GREENHOUSE! Grow on!
Thanks Guru hopefully you get the ph adjusted for your garden, but your plants and success is something I want to achieve.
Thanks for stopping by
Oustanding work on your sanctuary Fernando! My Cherry tomato is 6ft and still growing! Its the one I have under the windmill, and it won't be long till I have to tie off the blades so it can keep going up!
That is a beauty you have there Shane I think I let get to 5 1/2 feet before I top off so it can bush out more rather then continue to get taller. That would be amazing to cherry tomato windmill.
Thanks Shane for stopping by
Ahhhhh ripe pods. Seems so far away. I need a sanctuary like that. Then my neighbors won't see me talking to myself when I'm squishing bugs.
Thanks Prodigal son yea the setup will protect my plants from unwanted guest hopefully with the screen material and there is enough room in there to hide out and relax at times. My neighbor thinks I am crazy with the amount of chilis I am growing and taking pictures of them, but they do enjoy the benefits of extra pods or sauces. Hopefully I will add a few more things to coincide with pods and sauces.
Now that's a greenhouse, looks great! How's it going with the Tomatillo's? Mine are showing buds but aren't really that big yet, about 15". Should I pinch or leave them?

Thanks Meatfreak the heat has been a big issue for me that why I think I will have to make room for the tomatillo in the greenhouse once the screen and shade cloth are in place. I notice it does release pollen and the pedals drop off, but yet tomatillos going to try to do more research on this variety and make a few changes on something for it.

Well I was looking at the pictures I posted and forgot to mention there is power in the sancutary, so I will be brewing inside as well set up a radio inside for them to enjoy themselves more any recommendations on the type a music to play them I was think of just instrumentals not sure yet. O and the plant is a Green Trinidad Scorpion the bigger pot it has almost covered the diameter of the pot. Once everything is done I will release lady bugs in the sancutary as method of being my clean up crew. Thanks again for view
DSCN0469.jpg

DSCN0470.jpg

DSCN0471.jpg

Wow, Fernando, First class Greenhouse, dude!
These pix are even better than the first ones!
Power to boot! The best part is a place to hang out : )

Your chiles will think they are in heaven!

Wow, Fernando, First class Greenhouse, dude!
These pix are even better than the first ones!
Power to boot! The best part is a place to hang out : )

Your chiles will think they are in heaven!
Thank you Paul hopefully it will leep me busy once everything begin to load up with pods.
Where else would chile freak put his "Man Cave" but outside with his chiles! :cheers:
Thanks Rick a mini frig and TV wouldn't hurt, but that would go a bit to much

I found some time to day since my class got out early due to a exam tomorrow, so I spent some time with the plants cleaning up and checking make sure everything is fine they are relaxing under the sun with some music I decided to go with some Post Rock today, tomorrow classic rock, sat. jazz, sunday oldies, and rest not sure yet I am trying to setup a schedule for that as well. I repotted my Jalabanero today into a 10 gallon looking at Silver Surfer pics from his pods they will be awesome variety. I also found a 7 pot/pod jonah hanging out and some Holy Mole there was more hanging out these were the biggest three I could fit in the picture all at once. O and some Lemon boy tomatoes
Jalabanero
DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

7 pod/pot jonah
DSCN0474.jpg

Holy Mole
DSCN0475.jpg

Lemon Boy
DSCN0476.jpg

Nice pix, Fernando. How hot are the Holy Mole peppers?

Back