• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SoCalChilehead 2012/2013 grow log

This will be my first grow list/grow log, so hopefully everybody enjoys. This November will be my first complete year of growing experience and it was entertaining and stressing at the same time. This season hopefully I can implement everything I have learned through various threads and have a great 2012 season
onfire.gif
. I will start everything from seeds and maybe keep three plants from my existing season. Well now to my list:
Red Trinidad Scorpion 1
Trinidad Scorpion Green 3
Trinidad Scorpion yellow 1
Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (2 or 4 hopefully)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 2
7 pot Chaguanas 2
7 pot Brainstrain red 1
7 pot Brainstrain yellow 1
7 pot Jonah 1
7 pot yellow 1
7 pot Burgundy 1
7 pot Brown 1
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia 1
Bhut Jolokia Peach 2
Bhut Jolokia Red 1
Bhut Jolokia yellow 1
Black Naga 1
Fatalii yellow 2
Peach Scorpanero 1
Large White Habanero 1
Congo Habanero 1
Sweet Habanero 1
Habanero Red Savina 1
Thai Dragon 1
Assam 1
Wasp 1
Large Hot Cherry 1
Giant Jalapeno 1
Wild Brazil 1
Holy Mole 1
Cayenne Thick 1
Broome Chile 1
Tobango Scotch Bonnet 1
Naga Morich 1
Zavory Nabanero 1
Aji Joe Mystery Hot Mix from Indian (1), Baccatum (1), Hot (1)

Thanks again to all the members for their help on the vast of information found on the THP forum and ability to build my grow list.

Nice looking plants! Good thing you only lost a couple! Looks like one may some mite issues??? Hard to tell on my phone? We're gonna have to exchange some pods later in the season!

Keep up the good work!
Shane

Hey Shane thanks defintiely in the works about an exchange, but yea it had aphids then I sprayed it with Bonide and they were wipeout and I never cut the leaves back and just let them grow like that.
Cayenne Thick I have harvested two so far and they just continue to produce
DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0350.jpg

More pictures
DSCN0351.jpg

7 pod Burgundy loaded with buds (just remembered what this was)
DSCN0352.jpg

Wild Brazil it stayed small for sometime, since I had left it out since december or early january now it is beginning to burst
DSCN0353.jpg

DSCN0354.jpg

Giant Jalapeno moved it into a 10 gallon root pouch yesterday
DSCN0355.jpg

DSCN0356.jpg

More random pics
DSCN0357.jpg

Thats quite a brood you've got going, after the "bad weather" boot camp-they should really take off.Love to see some pics of the Purple Tomatillo.

Thanks Dave yea the outdoors has been toughing them up which is great because the stems have been thickening up, but I have one purple tomatillo barely forming the flower had fallen off the day before. I had three branches full of flowers and thanks to the heavy wind we got it broke two off good thing there was three there are new branches forming though from the base of the plant which is awesome.
DSCN0376.jpg

DSCN0375.jpg
This picture was before the heavy winds
DSCN0319.jpg

Geez, how'd I miss all these great update photos??? Anyway, things are looking great in spite of a little wind damage! You really need to post names with the pics! You go me over here guessing. Glad your plants didn't take any real damage from the hail like mine. You ready for some more rain?

Lol yea will for the next update, but I hate that we are getting rain especially since tomorrow was their feeding. Depending on how much rain we get will determine if I have to wait, which sucks go off the usual schedule.
Thanks for coming by Shane

I'm growing the Tomatillo this year for the first time myself, do they need any special care? Got the green and purple version.

Wow! Looking good dude! It's been awhile since I checked the other glogs out, what a freaking difference a month will do in LA. Your plants look great, I'm jealous of your fresh pods lol. That wild brazil is really taking off too. I haven't ever grown wilds nor planned on it but seeing the few pictures of the brazils have me thinking about growing some next year. Your tomato plants look good as well. I'm glad your grows going well for ya man, great pictures too.

Hope all is well with you

Brandon

like i said in my post.. only in Socal will you have 92 degree temp on a friday and be raining this mid week.... hard to harden my plants with fluctuating temps like this

id love to try some of those pods... ;D

Wouldn't miss it brudda! They can stand to miss a feeding...
Yea I think if we get heavy rain I will rotate their feeding and just foliar feed tomorrow and thurday (hopefully pots are dry and no rain) their regular dosage
I'm growing the Tomatillo this year for the first time myself, do they need any special care? Got the green and purple version.
The tomatillo from what I noticed are more fragile that why I used a tomato cage, but other than that they get the same feeding as my pepper plants except I add the Sweet product from botanicare and extra cal-mag. I had my first Cherry tomato today it was awesome more sweeter than the store carries.
Wow! Looking good dude! It's been awhile since I checked the other glogs out, what a freaking difference a month will do in LA. Your plants look great, I'm jealous of your fresh pods lol. That wild brazil is really taking off too. I haven't ever grown wilds nor planned on it but seeing the few pictures of the brazils have me thinking about growing some next year. Your tomato plants look good as well. I'm glad your grows going well for ya man, great pictures too.

Hope all is well with you

Brandon
Thanks Brandon yea they were loving the heavy sunshine for a while. The Cayenne thick, Thai dragon, and Holy Mole, has been awesome to taste test between me and my family but Giant Jalapenos are taking their sweet time. Aji Joe sent me the wild brazil with a statement have to grow them great flavor, but these and the large hot cherry took a step back due to bring them out to early remain small until last week both explode with new growth. I was considering pruning back but not sure how they will react so I left them alone for the moment. The tomato are starting to pump out their flowers and producing tomatoes currently I have a few cherry tomatoes on the the stem, one lemon boy tomato just poping out, and 2 or 3 purple tomatillos forming. Sauce making is coming soon.
like i said in my post.. only in Socal will you have 92 degree temp on a friday and be raining this mid week.... hard to harden my plants with fluctuating temps like this

id love to try some of those pods... ;D
The weather has been crazy I just hope it can stabilize back to that California weather that my plants love.

Thanks everyone for watching and stoping by hopefully I get some pictures of some flowers soon.

Hello everyone today I stop by to check in my plants and this what I missed from my cayenne thick when I was taking pictures last time
Loaded
DSCN0384.jpg

I was wondering if someone can help me with identifying this pepper plant it is a mystery baccatum there is a pod forming behind it just looks amazing the edge of flower and pistil are purple from AjiJoe mystery packet
DSCN0387.jpg

No problem man just make sure before the tomatillo branches out you get a cage on it, so you don't learn the hard way like me and lose a ton a flowers and possible tomatillo.

Growing good I see! You don't always plant more than one per specie? I guess you're a better gardener than me, if I had one of each type I'd probably end up with very few surviving plants hehe

My hydro's overcrowded and my soil plants I have burned in the sun. Newbie me put them out too fast without hardening them off, leaves on the superhots look grayish!

Thanks everyone for stopping by checking out my progress I found my first baby fatalii pod for the year while watering yesterday it was awesome. Some of the plants may look wilted in the pictures that due to being a hot day today and the normally pucker back at night so not an issue for me. Pic time
Mystery flower and its pod (any idea anyone)
DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

Red trinidad Scorpion
DSCN0390.jpg

Jalabanero flower
DSCN0392.jpg

Peach Scorpanero ( I tried to fit it all loaded with flowers)
DSCN0394.jpg

Fatalii pod
DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

Cayenne thick flower and pods
DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

Now I have to wait to post the rest
Hope you all enjoy and any questions or advice feel free to post
Thank you

Great pictures! Lots of healthy plants there. You'll be swimming in ripe pods in no time!

That Wild Brazil is amazing. Does that one ripen red, or yellow? Also, those thick cayennes look more like a stretched out jalapeno than they do a traditional cayenne. How do they compare heat wise with the regular skinny cayennes?

Good stuff Fernando! They look delicious! Love you trying to show the flower with the ladybug in the background!

Back