grilling Some BBQ & Grillin' Escapades

The asparagus was semi-smoked/grilled over medium low coals.

And that salt doesn't actually contain bacon! It's 100% vegan. It's very interesting though

Ah! It's the flavors used in a lot of bacon to imitate bacon. Maple, applewood smoke, etc. I read the ingredients on the site. It has worcestershire though, so not vegan. Anchovies! Hey at least she eats fish. :)

Reminds me of that guy that used to be a member and sold crab flavored peanuts. No crabs in them! Just Old Bay, lol.

The Hot Pepper said:
Ah! It's the flavors used in a lot of bacon to imitate bacon. Maple, applewood smoke, etc. I read the ingredients on the site. It has worcestershire though, so not vegan. Anchovies! Hey at least she eats fish. :)

Reminds me of that guy that used to be a member and sold crab flavored peanuts. No crabs in them! Just Old Bay, lol.
crab is one of my favorite foods. i love it with a special kind of passion only a man and crab can share.

i like peanuts a lot also. boiled peanuts are a wonderfull thing. but  crab flavored peanuts?  no thank you.

Puking-Pumpkin.jpg

Yeah, but there were no crabs. It was peanuts with Old Bay, so they tasted like the seasoning on crabs, so I guess in a way, tasted like crabs. Kinda like that bacon salt. It has the flavors of bacon but no bacon.

His product was called Nutterz.

Oh yeah! I guess not VEGAN, but... yeah. Not vegan.

The stuff is good though for real.

I'd definitely be down to try this dudes nutterz

there we go :dance:

they look like they are going to be great.  dry is the only way for me.  wet just too wet.

It had been a while since I did any smoking, so I broke down and did a 9-10lb butt this past weekend.  There was alcohol involved in the prep (and in the smoking, and waiting, and eating etc), so I forgot the brown sugar in the rub, but it was basically:

1/2 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup ancho pepper powder
1/4 cup pasilla negro pepper powder
1/4 cup mexican oregano
(should have been 1/2 cup of brown sugar, but as I mentioned, there was alcohol involved...lol)

Started it at 250 til it got going and the smoke started rolling, then backed it off to 225*.

While it was smoking, I was spritzing it (and myself) with basically a caipirinha (cachaca, lime and liquid sugar)

Q-Caipirina_Mist_zpsd38737c8.jpg

This was fairly early on... maybe 115*:

Q-115degree_zpsdee0cc55.jpg

Here it is when pulled at 165* and wrapped, before going into the oven for another couple hours (til around 195*):

Q-Finally165_zpsddeef33d.jpg

And here it is after being pulled and adding a finishing sauce:

Q-TheReward_zps9db4434b.jpg

The finishing sauce ingredients were:

1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
The remaining caipirinha spritz

It was good... will have to do it again soon, and see the difference actually adding the brown sugar to the rub makes... LOL

In fact... gonna go make a sammich now :)

Time to add to this thread finally. I want to smoke something this weekend.

I'd like to try something new. Any suggestions?

My have smoked list is - Spareribs, short chuck ribs, brisket, pork butt, salmon.

That's it. So what should I do? Preferably not something that takes 90 days to do

Back