ginger
dark soy sauce
sesame oil
rice wine vinegar
oyster sauce
sweet sauce

20160911_111148.jpg

20160911_111156.jpg

I just found dark soy for the first time.  I see it called in recipes but have never used it.  What's the difference in flavor compared to regular soy?  Looks great there but wondering about the difference.

Those damm Soba noodles are seriously werkin my mojo.

I know I would burn the shit outta myseff eating'em right outta the wok.

Yeah true. However my fave use of PE is Asian, especially soups.

20160922_100210.jpg

20160922_103310.jpg

There was a chill in the air this morning, so after I dropped the kids off I went to the grocery store (actually two of them) to walk like my dr. told me to (still off with the back), and bought a whole bunch of veggies and a nice chuck roast.  Beef vegetable soup is in progress.  This thing is so stuffed with goodness, root veggies (carrots, parsnips, potatoes, and turnips, celery, white and red onion, jalapenos, crushed San Marzano tomatoes, local mushrooms, canned corn, and great northern beans.  Seasoned with salt and pepper, bay leaves, basil, garlic, thyme, and Lawry's seasoning salt.  Oh yeah, a little red wine too to deglaze the plan after browning the roast.  It smells amazing in here.  Should be done in about six hours.

Still a little loopy from my muscle relaxer vodka cocktail last night.  I'm not ready for pickle shots yet.  Maybe a vodka and sweet tea, yeah we'll try that.  Maybe my back will stop screaming at me.  I just went out and checked on how I left my Egg last time.  Not bad, pretty clean.  I might just get that going and cook the fish and steaks on there for later before I am not in cooking shape.  I might do some roasted root vegetables while I am at it.  Now, for that drink.

Back