• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2014 - The Year of the Bhut

This year I'm growing primarily bhut/naga types.

Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guwahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih
  15. C. galapagoense

I've been scanning a lot of the 2014 glogs lately and so many looking great. your grow looks awsome!! I've started a few this year and being a noob I hope half of my plants turn out like yours and many of the others here on THP this year. 

great grow and best wishes on the new season!

Vegas_Chili said:
Hey Charles!!!! How are the ladies doing? Hope all is still running smoothly.

Stay warm and hope you had a great weekend!

-Walt

Things are a little boring at the moment.  Just maintaining.  Here's a pic of the plants I moved to the basement getting sun:
12615567354_b0ac735f39_b.jpg

I find the occasional winged aphid trying to get cozy in a new leaf, but I've been able to prevent them from spreading so far...
Pr0digal_son said:
Damn,I haven't even started my seeds yet. I did have 7 Bhut varieties make the cut so far. There are a couple I am sure you will be interested in checking out. Great looking plants so far!

If I had a sunnier patio, I'd probably wait to start them later.  One day I'll have a setup with more direct light...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Beautiful site! I have the worst looking crop of seedlings ever currently, hence no glog updates. Best of luck!

Oh no, what happened?  I hope they pull through...  Maybe start again with different medium or something?  Seems there's still time.

Vegas_Chili said:
That's a very nice shot! I bet they're loving the sun's rays in the basement! :party:

-Walt

Thanks Walt, when it's sunny, it's not too bad down there.

Spicegeist said:

Oh no, what happened?  I hope they pull through...  Maybe start again with different medium or something?  Seems there's still time.

Brutal cold winter is what happened, I have moved the operation to our sun room and slowly every one is returning. I have not lost any plants but they were too cold and are stunted as a result. Yours look awesome!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Brutal cold winter is what happened, I have moved the operation to our sun room and slowly every one is returning. I have not lost any plants but they were too cold and are stunted as a result. Yours look awesome!

Thanks!  So far so good for mine.

As far as your, where there's life, there's hope... peppers are pretty tough, maybe they'll even be extra hot this year because of the stress ;)

maximumcapsicum said:
Aphids are the worst. Good thing you shut it down quickly. Good luck!

The plants really seem to be digging the sub. You leave em there all day?

Thanks, yes those are there all day.  I have about twelve more plants I need to get down there, I'll have to figure out a plan to rotate plants in and out of the basement and the grow light area... so far I've been putting it off and the plants are all happy...

Hey Charles I wanted to update you on the Tepin X 7 pot.

Well it's one of my healthiest plants and I know Greg mentioned to leave it alone to see how many buds it will have per node and now that They're showing more clear it looks like 2 buds per node exactly that no more or less. And here are some pics I took today.

Here's a bud wanting to open up, I can't wait :D. I'm going to hand pollinate and hope for pods to set.

Hope you have an excellent week!

-Walt

maximumcapsicum said:
The Chiletepin x Barrackpore cross is really strong. Is that what they call hybrid vigor maybe? Wonder how well it'll stabilize out. It's my most successful plant as well, though it's definitely looking more chiletepin than barrackpore at this stage.

Hybrid vigor is usually only in F1 plants, so it's probably just a good, faster growing plant.  I don't think I've seen two F2 plants look alike, everyone is getting different results, will be fun to compare the pods later...

Spicegeist said:

Things are a little boring at the moment.  Just maintaining.  Here's a pic of the plants I moved to the basement getting sun:
12615567354_b0ac735f39_b.jpg

I find the occasional winged aphid trying to get cozy in a new leaf, but I've been able to prevent them from spreading so far...

If I had a sunnier patio, I'd probably wait to start them later.  One day I'll have a setup with more direct light...
Those plants look freaking terrible... :liar:  Haha...throw them outside and start again!

Back