• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2014 - The Year of the Bhut

This year I'm growing primarily bhut/naga types.

Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guwahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih
  15. C. galapagoense

Spicegeist said:

Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guhahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih

Great list, I just miss the Sore Bhut :P

Spicegeist said:

Here's my list:
  • Red Bhut
  • Choco Bhut
  • Yellow Bhut
  • Peach Bhut
  • Shabu Jolokia
  • Naga King
  • Naga Morich
  • Naga Suomi
  • Dorset Naga
  • Guhahati Bhut
  • Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  • Jay's Peach
  • Fatalii
  • Lota Bih
Bhutiful list and start Charles! I see a fatalii tho LOL. I know we all say "just these" :liar: Lmao, but accidentally they manage to get on the list.

Hope you have an awesome year! :cheers:

-Walt

Ok, I'm usually a stickler for names.  I grew out some seed of this variety I obtained from someone else.

091512003.jpg

Here's how mine turned out in 2013:

After seeing this article, it just has to be Guwahati:
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100507/jsp/northeast/story_12420008.jsp

Capsicum Select said:
Like the bhut theme. Hope you had a great Xmas and have a great new year! Do you still have some PdN x bhuts going?

I'm not growing those this year, but I think a few other people have seed of that cross... let me know if you want me to point you to them...

orangehero said:
Bhuts have lost some of the glamor as top superhots, but for flavor they are hard to beat.

No Black Naga?

No, the only brown pepper I'm growing this year is a choco bhut, it's a really nice one though, here's where the seed was from:

MeatHead1313 said:
Good luck Spicegeist! The bhut jolokia was my number 1 must try pepper, even before I entered the world of growing peppers for myself simply due to the press it received. Quickly turned into one of my favourite peppers in terms of flavour. Best of luck for your grow! Will be interesting to see the differences between all the varieties. 
After the first time i tried a bhut i was hooked on hot peppers.  How big are plants now spicegeist?

Spicegeist said:
Ok, I'm usually a stickler for names.  I grew out some seed of this variety I obtained from someone else. After seeing this article, it just has to be Guwahati:
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100507/jsp/northeast/story_12420008.jsp

That's what I figured too Charles. NIce pics! And thanks for posting them... I haven't grown them before this year, so it's helpful to know what they should look like.

Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Back