• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse Spicy Chicken's grow room and greenhouse makeover

Do you plan to set a permanent column where the jack is now?

Yes, Still deciding which wood species I am going with.

The old standby oak would be ok only because I have so much of it already but not a fan.

Need a grounds keeper??? :D

Sure, I see you noticed that I was neglecting the yard some. but there is only about 3 acres to mow and 3 hours on the weed whacker ever 3 days, so the rest of the time you would have to lets say: Gulf, Rafting, 4 wheeling, hay rides, horse back riding, horse shoes, skeet shooting, relaxing around the camp fire with some of your favorite beverages and steaks on the grill. Not exactly the dream job.

Spicy chicken ! That is one very hot house you are building :onfire: You got mad skills :beer:

Thanks romy6!

I have spent many years perfecting the technique of being mad! :lol:

Holy schnikes! This might just be the most incredible thing I have ever seen. You are a lumber god!
:clap:

TY

I think you need to get out more! LOL

Well I have been called a lot of things Sethsquatch, but never that.:lol:

Sure, I see you noticed that I was neglecting the yard some. but there is only about 3 acres to mow and 3 hours on the weed whacker ever 3 days, so the rest of the time you would have to lets say: Gulf, Rafting, 4 wheeling, hay rides, horse back riding, horse shoes, skeet shooting, relaxing around the camp fire with some of your favorite beverages and steaks on the grill. Not exactly the dream job.
Sounds like hell after the grass is cut and trimmed. :rofl: I would probably grab a chair and stare at those raised beds.

I have no new updates, busy weekend with friends and family, I have to go out of town for work the next 3 or 4 days so a couple of pics for your thought while I'm gone and will get back to the greenhouse build first chance I get!

Gotta love country living!

Once again thank you for looking and have a great week.:)

First pic just for you Justaguy.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0325.jpg

And the main garden this year.:cool:

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0326.jpg

Had a little corn roast today with some burgers, and It was good!

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0327.jpg

Loaded up with pepper plants and ready for a ride.:)

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0328.jpg

To the river and enjoy this view while we strip the plants and enjoy a few of our favorite beverage's. Have a good one!:cool:

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0329.jpg

I so wish i could teleport one of my homebrew beers to you.

Sorry about the delay Nova!

While using the mobile emitter, the matter stream inter-phased with the particle scattering field messing up the pattern buffer thus causing the transporter to malfunction.

Scottie has installed a new transporter pad and now will be good to go for rematerializing the frosty beverage.

I'm waiting.:cool:

Wow what a tool collection! Sure are making quick work of it. Looks great!

Thanks again big guy, would really be nice if I could have a couple of weeks off to exclusively work on it. :(

Wow nice view!
Love the country living.
So what kinda fish can you pull from the river?
I love corn roasted on the grill!

TY RB,
Trout of about every species, some small mouth's, pike, suckers, a few others, names which escape me at the moment! all tho I don't fish it, many do!
I think some fresh walleyes and baby red potato's would go good along side of that corn :)

Not a fan of Oak? :crazy: Any particular reason? At least you can throw all your drops in the smoker.

Thanks NT

I do woodworking for a living along with building very high end cabinets so I get to use a lot of oak, for me there is not enough character, I would prefer hickory , cherry or even knotty alder. All those are good smoking woods to.:dance:

I will most likely put in a oak hardwood floor and maybe the stairs system as well, but the cabinets will be different, (my Opinion) there is nothing wrong with mixing woods in the same room as long as they stay natural, (furniture is a different story)

Well I am back in town and ready to spend some free evenings working on the green house.

The goal is finish the electrical and down framing and get ready for insulation.

Some of you may have seen a barn in the pics of the makeover, I live in the lower half and the upper half is my play room where I will be building the growing and drying racks along with the pepper sorting counter, packaging and shipping counter, wash area and more, if weather permits.

Upper half of the barn and what it looked like before.

Playarea_007.jpg

Playarea_001.jpg

Playarea_002.jpg

Playarea_003.jpg

Playarea_004.jpg

Playarea_006.jpg

Once again thanks for looking and have a great day! SC

I vote for Desert Ironwood

Your just kidding- right?

I don't know about where you live, or if the trees are the same but up here ironwood doesn't get very big and is hell on a chain saw, lives up to its name. Burns like coal and hard as a rock.:cool:

Ok I just googled it and WOW that is some awesome looking wood, very nice! Wouldn't mind getting my hand on a few thousand board feet of that!:woohoo:

I vote for human bone

Yup! thats what ya need!

Ok guys now thats just creepy. :shocked: I'm sending the guys in the white coats over to your places!:lol:

No Desert Ironwood growing here and from what I have seen it doesn't get that thick for your need, but 3 poles braced together would work, cover the area, and hold the weight plus some. I have a friend who does wood working and has some large pieces he uses when making hope chests and such. Usually incorporating it in with other woods, but his stock pieces are nice size. I can't remember what he paid for them, but I do remember a STRONG shutter when he told me the $ amount. He uses a blade for cutting cement in his circ. for rough cuts.

I hate not having enough time in the day, but today I spent 4 hours at Menard's home center doing comparison shopping and managed to get the insulation and osb for the inside and put up a more temporary water shed. Kinda what it may look like but missing the second story walls.:woohoo:

Just a reminder pic from the beginning.:lol:

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0331.jpg

2011_0059.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0330.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a great day!:cool:

Not much to show right now doing electrical work and non productive stuff so I thought I would throw in a few pics of the pepper garden. next post.:dance:

Back