• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

Still waiting on the supers...but the rest are sprouted and under lights. This will be my first attempt at supers. Fingers crossed. I am so lost in the labels. I don't know how some of you keep them all straight??? I know I got most of them right...but had a couple random seeds pop up under the starter pellets...lolEdit: This was my STARTING listJalapenoBlack CobraMucho Nacho JalapenoBellPoblanoCaribbean RedChocolate HabaneroAnaheimCayenneTrinidad ScorpionBhut Jolokia Red/Yellow/Chocolate/White/PurpleFataliPequin ChiapasAmigo Diablo Bombay MorichDorset NagaLg Yellow 7 Pot7 Pot RedDouglahBishops Crownand OrnamentalsHere is the FINAL revised list! lol yeah right! Got some slow movers on here...GREEN: planted last night 3 February...didn't soak, so they may take a bit longer than normalORANGE: Planted 25 JanuaryBLUE: Planted 13 JanuaryBLACK: Planted 5 JanuaryFish 0/2Wild Brazil (Cumari) 0/2Tepin 0/2Aji Omnicolor 0/2Yellow Scotch Bonnet 0/2Goccia d'Oro 0/2Red Lantern Habanero 0/2Brain Strain 0/2Billy Boy Douglah 0/2Peruvian White Bullet Hab 0/2Kaval F-1 0/27 Pot Primo 0/27 Pot Monster Infinity 0/2Devil's Tongue Brown 0/2Bhut Jolokia Orange 0/2Black Naga 1/2Bhut Jolokia Purple 4/4 Bhut Jolokia White 4/4 Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4Bhut Jolokia Yellow 2/4 :whistle:Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4/4 7 Pot Red 4/4 7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 Fatali 4/4 Chocolate Hab 4/4 Bishops Crown 4/4 Pequine 4/4 Trinidad Scorpion 3/4Established Plants:Caribbean Red x5Black Cobra x6Jalapeno x6Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8Cayenne x6Bell x4Poblano x3Anaheim x3
SD530668.jpg
SD530717.jpg
SD530719.jpg
My 10 year old is responsible for the artwork on the cups!

Hey Brother! That stinks about the garden - but it sounds like its producing a ton any way! I think your plan for next year sounds pretty good...

Let us know how it works out... From what I understand dirt is a pretty decent insulator... When I was younger, and more emamored with fire, I poured gasoline on an ant hill and then lit it on fire in order to kill them... It heated up the top half inch or so, but beyond that the ants were still alive... Which brings me back to the virus - seems like you'd need an extended fire across the affected areas in order to fully sterilize the soil. The Good news/bad news of all this is that it will have affected the wild nightshade too most likely, which means it will be less of an issue next year. You might look into varieties that are resistant to your PMMoV - I'm sure there are a few out there...

I'm sure if you were able to say where you were going you would have, so I will pray for you as you dance across hells threshold (heard someone describe certain unfriendly countries that way recently...seemed to fit) stay safe!

100 miles? Just thinking about that wears me out. I might be able to help pace you for the last 200 inches or so... But thats about the best I'd be able to do. never been much of a runner!

Way to go Shane my brother! You are a freaking Animal!! Lol. Awesome package o'heat from Paul. By mile 80 you'll be moving slow? I wouldn't make 30!! Lol. You guys were definitely ready for the zombies with that group and those weapons!

Take Care brother,

E

I concur with 3/5 King. I am definitely in your survival group should the apocolyptic zombie thing happen. I live vicariously through you because I dont have the energy or the physical ability to walk one mile not to mention run 100. :rofl: :rofl: . Ill just sit on my couch, look at your pics, and eat peppers.!!!!! :onfire:

Here is the care package from Paul...I replaced the labels where I could, but I still don't know for sure what the long orange pod is???
gallery_5729_13_2247642.jpg

Another BA weekend that had me too busy to harvest. I have more than I need frozen, but I should really pull some pods. I have a ton of Aji Amarillo, 7's, Brains, Jamaican Hot Yellows, Red Lantern Habs and Manzanos to pull for starters. Many more, but listing them all isn't what you all want. Pod shots for sure next weekend!!! Less than a month remaining before my 100 miler. Anybody wanna pace me the last 20 miles or so??? By that point I'll only be moving about the speed of smell.

Hope your weekends were as fun filled as mine!
Shane
I'll try to get ya squared away:

Middle top = Giant White Hab
Bottom left = 2 Peruvian White Habs
Bottom = Pointed Yellow Hab
Both middle pods are orange 'Red' Hab
Long orange pod by the Fatali/Savina = Yellow Aji

I need to figure a better way to attach the labels.

Try to get some sleep and rest, my friend. No friends
there to harvest for you? Wish I lived close. bro!

Definitely some great-looking pods from Paul. Tasty too!

Did you get your large-pod TS yellow seeds from Pepperlover Shane? I'm definitely leaning in that direction for next season, plus I want to plant some of Paul's aji omnicolor seeds, and some criolla sella, holy mole hybrids and guajillo chiles along with the usual Korean and Mexican varieties.

Nice package Shane, Paul grows some great looking pods.

Now I don't know much about the Zombie Apocalypse, is that a Rob Zombie gig, but the next time I have to attack the back part of my yard I know who to call for some assistance :)

I was in your vacuity Tuesday and Wednesday. Thought about passing by but I was sure you'd be in seal beach area. Btw. We stayed at the Wyndham and on our way to the zoo ran across Walter nursery. Let me know when they have peppers already growing for sale and I'll make a trip there with the family. Btw. Phil's BBQ rocks. Good luck on the 100miler. For me. I can do a 100yarder!!

Thanks errybody!!! FInally home once again and I got a chance to pick a few pods!!! I've been neglecting the plants with the training, work schedule and son's football to keep up with, but they don't seem to mind at all!

gallery_5729_13_913134.jpg

Wild Brazil and Goat's Weed pods...

gallery_5729_13_2686397.jpg

Aji Omnicolor...didn't pull any of these yet, but there are a ton ready! Very nice looking plant and still pumping out new pods...

gallery_5729_13_1855135.jpg

Red Lantern Habs...

gallery_5729_13_622097.jpg

Pequin X still kickin!!! Covered in new pods too. My other plant bit the dust, so I am excited this one is still up and running.

gallery_5729_13_3316522.jpg

Explosive ember...and some overgrown grass. :rofl:

gallery_5729_13_425239.jpg

Think I just got my last pull of Brains today... :mope:

gallery_5729_13_1655231.jpg

The (Not) Yellow 7s are pushing out another round! :dance:

gallery_5729_13_1858370.jpg

as are the (Not) Douglahs!!! Pulled over 100 pods off this plant today! :party:

gallery_5729_13_2105747.jpg

Mini sized Yellow 7s from the virus...great little pods!

gallery_5729_13_739939.jpg

HUGE Bishop's Crown plant...well over 10' now hard to tell but has topped its 6' stake and is almost back down to the ground. Pulled a couple HUNDRED pods off the two plants today!

More pics with a bump! These are all Iphone pics, so they're a little sub par, but not too bad.

Thanks Paul!!! Screwed up and posted before I was done...

gallery_5729_13_699270.jpg

The other Bishop's Crown plant...

gallery_5729_13_175765.jpg

Tricolor Variagata...very cool plant, if anyone has some seeds I'm willing to work a trade!!!

gallery_5729_13_3847942.jpg

Today's Pull...

gallery_5729_13_987930.jpg

Burning Bush Habanero and Brain Strains

gallery_5729_13_2805551.jpg

(not) Yellow 7s with Mini virus version and some Tepins, Pequins and a Yellow Bhut for comparison.

gallery_5729_13_2786063.jpg

Jamaican Hot Yellows

gallery_5729_13_4639033.jpg

Manzanos and Bhuts

gallery_5729_13_5172517.jpg

Bishop's Crowns

That's it for now everyone! Have a "Function" to attend at the CO's house. One of those, its not mandatory but you damn well better show up kinda things...Have a great weekend everyone, be over to your pages when I can!
Shane

Great to see you are still packin' in the pods, brah!

Have a wonderful time schmoozing with the CO!

I think this is my favorite glog, the pics are just pure eye candy.
He's right you know... you've pulled off the most ginormous harvest of any of the hobby growers I know of.. spicy chicken may have a bigger harvest, but he's a pro!

Made some fried oysters for lunch... put some of your Not 7-pot powder in the seasoned flour and it was a perfect marriage! Good flavor and heat without overpowering the oysters.

One of my favorites also. But then again I have about five favorites :rofl: :rofl: . Absolutely terrific harvest. Guessing in between your busy scheduled events you will powder up some of those babies??? :fireball:

Great to see you are still packin' in the pods, brah!

Have a wonderful time schmoozing with the CO!
Mid schmooz...going well except momma's beating the CO at darts! Kinda like Mr mom I need her to throw this race!!!

I think this is my favorite glog, the pics are just pure eye candy.
Thanks brotha! You got me blushing over here!

He's right you know... you've pulled off the most ginormous harvest of any of the hobby growers I know of.. spicy chicken may have a bigger harvest, but he's a pro!

Made some fried oysters for lunch... put some of your Not 7-pot powder in the seasoned flour and it was a perfect marriage! Good flavor and heat without overpowering the oysters.
I got oysters in the fridge! Been waiting for me! I dunno about the biggest hobby harvests??? Greg had some monster pulls...he did pack about a billion plants onto his patio somehow??? Thanks brother! It's way easier down here where frost is a maybe not a fact of life! I wish I had had "clean" plants all season to see what could've been???

One of my favorites also. But then again I have about five favorites :rofl: :rofl: . Absolutely terrific harvest. Guessing in between your busy scheduled events you will powder up some of those babies??? :fireball:
Powdering is in my future...but gonna have to wait 'till after football/100 miler to get done. Proud of your grow this season. Thought no way with your late start, but you made it happen! BE PROUD PIA!!!

Been a fun season, I've learned a ton from you all! I'm gonna pull the plug on the grow at the end of November to start the newbies. No over winters due to the virus, but I think I'm gonna be A O K next season!

You just keep pulling in huge harvests! Plus you run 1,000 mile races. Amazing! Yours is a great glog to follow Shane, well done! Are you making tons of poppers with those bishops crowns? I've fallen in love with those.

Still doin awesome Shane, way to go bro! Good luck on your 100 miler you freakin animal. Lol. Keep up the good work one more month my man.

Eric

Glad to see you're still pulling them in, man. Good luck with the 100 miler. Hope the CO party wasn't too painful.
CO's party was fun enough. The wife had fun, so it was worth the trip. I will need as much luck as I can get. Training has been hit or miss couple days out I feel great then I hit a wall hard and suffer. We'll have to see how this goes. I suppose it will depend on which type day I'm having when I toe the line??? Couple more harvests to go, but pod numbers are fading.

You just keep pulling in huge harvests! Plus you run 1,000 mile races. Amazing! Yours is a great glog to follow Shane, well done! Are you making tons of poppers with those bishops crowns? I've fallen in love with those.

Thanks Andy! Yours was a fun one to follow as well! The BC's are kinda overloading me right now. Giving a ton away, but still have surplus. I may try biking 1000 some day??? Running 100 is a little over the top for me right now, so I will keep attempting those.

Still doin awesome Shane, way to go bro! Good luck on your 100 miler you freakin animal. Lol. Keep up the good work one more month my man.

Eric

Yup...then they're done one way or another! Still having fun, but really need a break from everything for a bit. I will probably start next season in January...we'll see. Really done with this hundred thing for a while too...I need to take a month of leave and just sleep!

A couple pics of what started as a great run yesterday, but ended in dehydration and heat exhaustion...
560823_4684890921724_2058505084_n.jpg

22315_4680010999729_598638078_n.jpg

22709_4684889801696_45811634_n.jpg

Pictures don't capture just how rugged this terrain is, its pretty unforgiving. The race is in these same mountains.

Have a great week folks! Happy Halloween, and if you're on the East Coast and still have the power to read this stay safe!

Shane

Back