food STEAK!!

A little something I threw together last night

CYdSQEi.jpg

Malcolm's grill and rub, def a good sign ...

No shot of the inside, though? ;)

Inquiring minds want to know!
At least we can tell it's not offensively rare ...

Took a guess on the age, am I close?  I am pretty sure you are a little younger than me, but I bet I am in the neighborhood.

JayT said:
Took a guess on the age, am I close?  I am pretty sure you are a little younger than me, but I bet I am in the neighborhood.
Yeah I am older than that but close enough :) Age is just a number not a lifestyle...just had the leftovers on a steak/cheddar sammie!

Bone in scotch fillet (Y'all mighta guessed by now I like this cut)
P7022416_zpsym8uzv6h.jpg

Dry rubbed with sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper and 2 dried and crushed birds eye chillies

P7022418_zpsr1sdl0eh.jpg

Reverse sear.  In the oven at 130 F for 30 minutes. Rested 15 minutes. Onto a blistering hot CI flat top grill for 50 seconds each side.
Served with grilled asparagus and rough smashed taters with 3 year aged cheddar on top

P7022421_zpsv0wyqwdj.jpg

Came out like the way I cook without reverse sear.  Too much faffing about.  Would work well on a very thick cut.  Mine was over an inch.  Probs won't go there again.  Taste, texture, same same.

P7022431_zpsxvuff64e.jpg

When I do that, I don't rest between the indirec and the sear, I rest after the sear ... and actually, I don't rest steak ...

RibGuy said so, so I stopped. No harm, and I get to eat hotter steak - which is nice.

CHEERS!

Great looking  steak there DTS.   I know what you mean about the reverse sear though.  Once you have dialled in on cooking a fav cut of steak direct, the extraneous things ppl do to get the "perfect steak"  isn't worth the hassle. 

Damn hot blue and righteous steak and a "hell yeah!" for cooking it to the temp I like to be liking it.

But you get a "fuck yeah!" for the aged cheddar tates.

I could make a meal out of that alone.

On another note...

DTS I have a request.

Please posty up a fish n' chips Kiwi style.

These days I fight off the urge to fulfill my lust for fried goodnessess.

But I've got a crave on for fish n' chips.

I'll take yours or Boom's.

Whomever posts first.

Check that.

I'll take both por favor.

I reckon proper fish n' chips is an art form unperfected by the common man of the world.

It takes someone that has paid tax to the crown to truly understand how to make it righteous.

Back