• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STEVE954 Grow Log

Hello from south florida. This year's grow started just after thanksgiving when sowed several different strains of scotch bonnet. After many attempts, I finally got my hands on some scotch bonnet seeds from the Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture!
newpicture2013087_zpsf55b19b7.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-MoA
newpicture2013073-Copy2_zps89dfbc81.jpg

Red-Scotch Bonnet-RedFoodarama, Green-Scotch Bonnet-MoA, Black-Scotch Bonnet-Papa Joe's Mkt
newpicture2013077_zps0e3a3a06.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-TFM Tree
newpicture2013075_zps289af11d.jpg

Scotch Bonnet TFM still producing
newpicture2013079_zpsa37b35ec.jpg

I was scrolling thru your glog again and your son’s picture reminded me I have something for your kids they might enjoy. If you bring a thumb drive next time you stop by I’ll give you 2 great kid albums. Reggae For Kids and More Reggae for kids, our kids loved them when they were young and I still enjoy a tune or two from the albums. I got the tip from a surfing bud while living down there, Billy Mystic of the Mystic Revelers. The stars on both are impressive, think you’ll like :)

Reggae for Kids
Puff the Magic Dragon - Gregory Isaacs
Over the Rainbow - J.C. Lodge
Safari - Eek-A-Mouse
This Old Man - Yellowman
Reggae Rock - Michigan
Black & White - Freddie McGregor
Peace & Love - Peter Boggs
Three Little Birds - Freddi McGregor

More Reggae for Kids
Day-O - Gregory Isaacs
Hush Daddy’s Baby - Mystic Revelers
Children of the World - Yvad
Didn’t You Know - Bunny Wailer
Rasta Row Your Boat - Charlie Chaplin
Big Ship - Freddie McGregor
What About the Children - Various Artists
One Love - Freddie McGregor
Hello Goodbye - Don Carlos
Reggae For Kids - The Roots Radics
Smart, Smart, Smart - Brigadier Jerry
School Done Rule - Stephen McGregor
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head - Yami Bolo
What the World Needs Now - JC Lodge

I could be wrong but from the pictures they look like they're in better shape and they look nice in their new pots
Thanks bruddah man. They do look better. So far no wilting!
Think they're gonna make it! Sweet!
put a cold one in my hand!
Thats an excellent package from Denniz and the plants look great. That adorable drill sergeant will get things sorted out for sure.
Yes ma'am!
I'm impressed that sending clones like that worked - well done Denniz! They look like they made it in great shape - and cloned nonetheless!
Job well done Denniz!
glad they made the transport this time.. i think the last one was just wayyyy to young to be sent the way it was.. (salt shaker)... im sure they will do well.. and to correct 2 are clones....=D
Too young maybe, but the glass salt shaker retained too much moisture making it into a soft steamed broccolli! Neither here nor there! We learned that leaving the leaves open and simply bagging the roots with potting soil works!!!
I was scrolling thru your glog again and your son’s picture reminded me I have something for your kids they might enjoy. If you bring a thumb drive next time you stop by I’ll give you 2 great kid albums. Reggae For Kids and More Reggae for kids, our kids loved them when they were young and I still enjoy a tune or two from the albums. I got the tip from a surfing bud while living down there, Billy Mystic of the Mystic Revelers. The stars on both are impressive, think you’ll like :)

Reggae for Kids
Puff the Magic Dragon - Gregory Isaacs
Over the Rainbow - J.C. Lodge
Safari - Eek-A-Mouse
This Old Man - Yellowman
Reggae Rock - Michigan
Black & White - Freddie McGregor
Peace & Love - Peter Boggs
Three Little Birds - Freddi McGregor

More Reggae for Kids
Day-O - Gregory Isaacs
Hush Daddy’s Baby - Mystic Revelers
Children of the World - Yvad
Didn’t You Know - Bunny Wailer
Rasta Row Your Boat - Charlie Chaplin
Big Ship - Freddie McGregor
What About the Children - Various Artists
One Love - Freddie McGregor
Hello Goodbye - Don Carlos
Reggae For Kids - The Roots Radics
Smart, Smart, Smart - Brigadier Jerry
School Done Rule - Stephen McGregor
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head - Yami Bolo
What the World Needs Now - JC Lodge
Thanks for always thinkin of the family bredren........Day-O! me say day, me say day, me say Day-O! Daylight come me no wanna go home!
Is there ever enough Reggae for the kids........."can it"...jerk style noodles, "Reggae'O's"...........they'ed be eating them if available, mon..........lol
Me wanna go home and eat "Reggae O's!"

Mid-week update:
Day 17- so far 72%

CCN - (P.dreadie seed) 5/6
SELECT - (P.Dreadie seed) 5/6
Foodarama (3 Pic1 seed) 3/3, (3 Winchicken seed) 1/3
Papa Joe's Mkt (4 PepperJam seed) 3/4, (2 cmpman1974 seed) 2/2
Peppermania Jamaican (windchicken seed) 6/6
Red Trinidad (Jamison seed) 1/6

002_zps42e647df.jpg

First MoA pod forming! a bunch following right behind!
001_zpsfafb2590.jpg

random "recovered" MoA

004_zps0798a871.jpg

005_zps2dad66ec.jpg

Looking good Steve ..... glad to see most of my seeds got lined out proper. Tell those last few we may get snow this weekend in my part of Tejas . Florida is much warmer !! And it's cool you'll be testing a MoA ....

Peace,
P.Dreadie

Look at that MoA !

I can see the shape that its taking, the top of the pod is ready to explode like a bag of "Jiffy Pop" popcorn!
Wow all the buds lined up right behind the pod, just like one of our airport runways on a rainey day.
Steve how old is that plant?

WalkGood is waiting for the harvest party ;)
»» Foobar2k ::: Neil Young - Greatest Hits (2004) - 16 - Harvest Moon ::: 0:45/5:03 (••••••••••) ::: 595 kbps ««

You're killing me! Man I sure hope I make it home this weekend to a few baby peppers... :pray:
For a gentleman like yourself with Grizzly plants and 5 blossom nodes, the word "surplus" comes to mind!
Looks like your recovery is going great! Glad to see it! And I'm excited to see that MoA pod.
Thanks Andy! Since WalkGood's "coffee experiments", I have been using coffee exclusivley as a pesticide with great results! Before, I used a soapy water solution spray on the undersides of the leaves. I now use a 50/50 black coffee/water spray all over the plant/soil once week. Keeps the ants away! No ants=No aphids!.....for the most part
Dang all sorts of plants coming your way eh? That was cool of Denniz! The MoA's look fantastic man. Super flat leaves!
I should recieve the Trinidad Red SB plant you sent me today!.....Unless the mailman is a chillihead.

That was very cool of Denniz. You guys are awesome!!!
Look at that MoA !

I can see the shape that its taking, the top of the pod is ready to explode like a bag of "Jiffy Pop" popcorn!
Wow all the buds lined up right behind the pod, just like one of our airport runways on a rainey day.
Steve how old is that plant?

Thanks Greg, the plant is almost 4 months old. It's approx. 9''X10" so it's not a big plant by any means, but she is loaded! The broad mites slowed things down a bit. Plants are coming back strong. Jiffy popcorn! Yes, looks as the first one is coming to shape, It's going to be a three lober. I don't expect any real "show stoppers" until a few more pods in. However, all is well in SoFla!
Hope to see some of your MoA pics along with your "Brigade" of chillies!

WalkGood is waiting for the harvest party ;)
»» Foobar2k ::: Neil Young - Greatest Hits (2004) - 16 - Harvest Moon ::: 0:45/5:03 (••••••••••) ::: 595 kbps ««
Hey bruddah mon! you know it a soon come!

... Thanks Andy! Since WalkGood's "coffee experiments", I have been using coffee exclusivley as a pesticide with great results! Before, I used a soapy water solution spray on the undersides of the leaves. I now use a 50/50 black coffee/water spray all over the plant/soil once week. Keeps the ants away! No ants=No aphids!.....for the most part ...

Please let's give credit where credit is due, we should thank Tom (Cycadjungle), his article is hot linked in my glog and it's not about peppers. While I have mixed coffee in soil for years, I only got the idea of spraying after reading Tom's article and even before that you had mentioned as much during one of our weekly pepper conversations. I do know that just mixing 10, 20% or more coffee grounds into your soil won't keep ants away but spraying and/or ground cover does seem to work so far for me as it seems to be working for you. Now let's talk about this harvest party ;)

the salt shaker was a trial and error.. i used it mainly so i could try shipping them out in it so there would be no need to use SFRB... it was suppose to keep it safe from being smashed.. lol... oh well.. trial and error...

cant wait cant wait cant wait.... MoA....ya mon...

Please let's give credit where credit is due, we should thank Tom (Cycadjungle), his article is hot linked in my glog and it's not about peppers. While I have mixed coffee in soil for years, I only got the idea of spraying after reading Tom's article and even before that you had mentioned as much during one of our weekly pepper conversations. I do know that just mixing 10, 20% or more coffee grounds into your soil won't keep ants away but spraying and/or ground cover does seem to work so far for me as it seems to be working for you. Now let's talk about this harvest party ;)
I like the idea of the caffine building up in the plants system so we are accually fighting the sucking bugs from the inside out!
the salt shaker was a trial and error.. i used it mainly so i could try shipping them out in it so there would be no need to use SFRB... it was suppose to keep it safe from being smashed.. lol... oh well.. trial and error...

cant wait cant wait cant wait.... MoA....ya mon...
Trial and error..."In the process of trial and error, Our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -Master Jin Kwon

Next week MoA Cali bound!

Here are "Best 9" MoA back-up seedlings in middle.
Top left is "Best" TFM(saved seed), Ocho Rios(Pic1), Butch T(WalkGood), Hp22b(Jamison), Datil(WalkGood)
006_zpsf157068c.jpg

008_zpsaf305058.jpg

Denniz clones getting acclimated in-direct lighting
004_zpsf4624107.jpg

Daughters tomato patch seeds started in school. Stems buried 5 inches deep. The one the right is 3 months old.
005_zpsc5987ebe.jpg

I like the idea of the caffine building up in the plants system so we are accually fighting the sucking bugs from the inside out!
This is one of the reasons I was testing to spray 3 times a week, it makes sense to me. Eventually there’s a coffee residue on the bottom of the leaves and while I was doing so I didn't see bugs around. The negative side is if you keep them on the pool deck you can stain the deck and I don't know but what if bugs build an amunity to constant use, that wouldn't be good. Once Tom pointed out its better used to kill bugs I stopped the constant spaying unless I see bugs but AFAIK there's no real down side. Please keep us informed on how your testing usage goes.

Trial and error..."In the process of trial and error, Our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -Master Jin Kwon
This is how I feel on that big JA Hab I intoxicated with the soapy water, I can’t believe I went so far as I’ve successfully rid dem nematodes before with much less. She’s still not showing signs of new growth, I fear the worst :(

Next week MoA Cali bound!

… Datil(WalkGood) …
I only have two of the 7 I started and now I’m going to gift these last two away, in fact I offered dem to a friend yesterday and he might take them. Dem suckers are bug magnets and I don’t want them around my others … must make room for big azz MoA’s to soon come and more others. I wouldn’t feel bad if you opt out on dem Datils brethren, regardless I hope dem do you right.

… Daughters tomato patch seeds started in school. Stems buried 5 inches deep. The one the right is 3 months old. …
Tell her dem look killa mon! BTW if you want some FL Everglades tomato seeds, you can have one of my little ones for seed next you stop by. My plants still small and not yielding loads yet but I get a few every now on then.

Sweet!!! You sent Steve some plants now he's shipping me a MOA out to Cali!!! :dance: Haha...kidding bruddah. Always a fun spot to stop over here! I see you get your green thumb from your Daughter!

Ramon, I love the Florida history of the Datil. I want to taste a fresh homegrown datil before I kick the bucket!

Would like to grow anything "everglades"! I grew up on an airboat!

Sweet!!! You sent Steve some plants now he's shipping me a MOA out to Cali!!! :dance: Haha...kidding bruddah. Always a fun spot to stop over here! I see you get your green thumb from your Daughter!

Shane, brother, if you got room for a MoA or two pm me, let me know. Jamison you too bredren!

Almost forgot about the package I recieved from Jamison today! :onfire:

Very well constructed!
002_zpsd3f2c243.jpg

Trinidad Red Scotch Bonnet! Flawless!
004_zps4df75784.jpg

Temp container, this baby is going in a 5 gal asap!
006_zps39c87449.jpg

Thanks Jamison!

Wow what a frickin mess! Glad it got there I see I have to contain the soil a lot better for the next time! Sorry bout that man!
At least the soil looks dry ;) nice giftage! Have you tried saran wraping the whole pot (top, bottom & sides) and then taping down to the middle of box as it looks you did. Regardless it looks in very good shape and it will make it :)

Back