• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Super Hot Variations - Comments - 2009

Knocked myself into oblivion taste testing a few today. Talas, this Chocolate Habalokia is INSANE. The 7 Pot x Naga is absolutely brutal too.

The yellow 7 is great!

Chris

P1080348.jpg

P1080349.jpg

P1080351.jpg

P1080356.jpg

My Big Bang Nagas from Potawie are starting to ripen. Just starting...the million dollar question...to what color?

Red - NOPE
Yellow - NOPE
Orange - NOPE

It looks like I have Chocolate Big Bang Nagas - YIPPPEEEEE!!!! I'm so excited and I hope they stay like this. :) Gorgeous. Who says you can't get lucky? :)

Chris

Thanks. Actually it's kind of a crappy year as pepper maggota are DESTROYING my crop this year. This has been an issue that seemed to impact larger milder peppers before. Now they seem to not care anymore and going after some super hots even. In addition, I think I'm getting other issues with bacterial spot or a viral problem on some fruits themselves. Weird.

The fruit has brown spots on the outside and just dies. :( If it spreads more, it'll be a short harvest. Been a rough year with more issues than normal. That's OK though. If I get some, it's cool. The attack on my Pubescens has really PO'd me though. Bastard critters.

They take the joy out of growing peppers. They are literally unstoppable too.

Sorry to hear about the enemies Chris, best of luck to you on the fight. I seem to be experiencing a late surge of aphids myself. Got a good grip on a couple of plants I'm afraid. Only two choices though you know? Surrender or kill all the bastards. I'm for going on a large killing spree. Good luck to you.

Great pics and another awsome presentation!I'm very honored to have a pic credited to me by the Great Green Thumb of Michigan!I just grew the seed and Chris took it to a new level!I'm certainly looking forward to the ripening/ripe pics!Rock On Chris!

Few new ones..... The 7 Pot Orange is NOT orange, but a very cool thick walled super hot pod. I have several more plants of this one. Maybe I'll get lucky and another will ripen orange. I'm not complaining as this plant is a MONSTER producer!

Chris

P1080377.jpg

P1080381.jpg

P1080382.jpg

P1080386.jpg

Hey Chris
You have some fantastic looking pods, some I am growing this season and was wondering how they'd turn out, now I know, great pics, congratulations

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice pics Chris, you must have a fantastic photo album of capsicum art by now. :)

You should check out his photobucket gallery. Some really great shots.

Back