• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Support Our THP Military Members

I solicited the webmaster for a pretty popular site to gie the care package sauce a shout out.

If that happens, I expect the $ to roll in pretty quickly - so I'm upping my max to 200 care packages (if the $ goes over what I need for 100)
:woohoo:

We'll see what happens!

They "frown" on homemade goods (anysoldier.com had a statement about this, don't remember the exact statement)

But to answer, if you go to www.anysoldier.com you'll see links for "what to send" and "where to send". That should help get you started if you want to send treats.

If you're going to do that, don't worry about donating to my care package drive - you're sending care packages, which is what I'm trying to inspire.
:cheers:

Well I may be a few hours late my time, but I am sure it is still the 10th in other parts of the world. Today is the 237th birthday of the Corps, and to all the past and present Marines, happy birthday. I am sorry I have been a bit absent lately, I have been WISHING for some 16 hour days, Bill, but I just can't seem to get that lucky. I can't reiterate enough about the generosity of the people here on the forum, and the guys around the camp are definitely loving the heat. I have definitely made a pepperhead or two, I have people still begging me for the recipes!

As far as things go over here, I do want to say thanks to everyone's support, especially close to the holiday. Speaking for all my guys, we couldn't do it without people like you. Thanks again!

Matt

where I work they do have boxes for items to send to people they know in military & for others. one day I spent $100 & brought the bags to the lady to send it, I also included some great hot sauces even though they didnt ask for them.

Matt, I know you get into full Recon mode and slip in and out without our noticing but I wanted to wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your unit. Keep on doing it Borther, we all "need you on that wall" but keep it safe. Nothing will make us happier than to hear that you guys have all returned to your loved ones.

Cheers,
Bill

mgold received the December package... here's a partial quote from him...

"I just got your pkg, and WOW! Thank you so much for the great variety of sauces (and additives :)). After I opened it, I had a buddy that was eying the pure evil. I told him it wasnt really for "saucing" something, it was more of an add to what you have to hit it with heat and no flavor. I warned him, but he just HAD to take few drops on his tongue. Needless to say, he wont be ignoring me again!"

:lol: I hear that all the time...."I warned him..." Still makes me laugh~ :shakeshead:

Happy Holidays, Matt!

I thought I'd posted this story here, but when reading back through I don't see it. Sorry if it's a double post, but it's kinda humorous...

I sent a box to an AnySoldier containg a bottle of Incinerator that had some capsaicin spilled on the outside. i knew it had the capsaicin on the bottle but spaced off washing the bottle before packing it. That night, I realized I'd forgotten to wash the bottle, so the next day I posted a letter, hoping it would get there in time. But it didn't.

Quote from a note they sent back to me..."Your letter about the Incinerator hot sauce made it just a tad bit late. I and another soldier found out the hard way. I handled the bottle and then went back to my daily routine. I then picked up a few bolts that needed to be reinstalled but was short a hand. I naturally did what most mechanics do and put the bolts between my lips to hold them. It only took about 10 seconds before my lips were on fire. It was at that point that I knew the sauce must have spilled over the bottle. It happened to another one of the soldiers before I could get the bottle washed off. We both laughed about it after the fact."

OOPS! :lol: I sent them a couple more bottles to make up for it~

Incinerator is a sauce I co-pack for Candice (WildfireChilli here on THP) in Australia. It contains 7 Pots, t-scorps and capsaicin like Pure Evil. It's kinda weird how it happened, but at the end of one batch. the last 4 bottles weren't hot enough to seal, so I put the 4 bottles in a sauce pan with a little water to heat them up. When they heated up, the sauce expanded and overflowed. I wiped the threads and put the lids on, but didn't wash the bottles with soap to remove the capsaicin. Those were the bottles in question.

Pauly, wish you didn't have to go at all.

Official THP review of Incinerator in the pipeline right now. Should be soon. God Bless Matt, Paul and everyone else serving our country.

Navy chileheads get there fix!
image.jpg

Back