• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

cuisines Sushi

TexomaHeat said:
From hot peppers to the opposite end of the spectrum: what are your favorite sushi pieces?

My top 5 nigiri:
1. Mackerel
2. Tuna
3. Salmon
4. Clam
5: Sea eel

Favorite rolls: Philadelphia (salmon, cream cheese, and cucumber), New York (salmon skin, radish sprouts, and cucumber), I'll eat almost any roll.

Stuff I like least: Salmon roe (felt like I was eating phlegm; thoroughly disgusting), haven't tried sea urchin (nor do I plan to).

So what do all of you like? And what are some of your favorite sushi bars? We don't have many here in North Texas, but I loved Gyuhama on Boylston St. when I lived in Boston.
Add the spider roll to the list and you have my list every time I go to a sushi bar, I order at least 3 sets of the list you posted.

accompanied by lots of ginger root and wasabi.

hey, now that we're back to chatting about Sushi, what ever happened to the plan of Passow getting his hands on a REAL wasabi root and eating it on camera for our twisted entertainment?

Sickmont said:
hey, now that we're back to chatting about Sushi, what ever happened to the plan of Passow getting his hands on a REAL wasabi root and eating it on camera for our twisted entertainment?

He never did it. What a ripoff.

Cheers, TB.

Sickmont said:

I have access to real wassabi....but it's in powdered form :(

Sickmont said you can try wasabi on his eel.
Whatttt????????????! I said eel!

thehotpepper.com said:
Sickmont said you can try wasabi on his eel.
Whatttt????????????! I said eel!

:shocked:I never said that. Perhaps i might have said 'feel the eel' but thats about it........:lol:

Damn you guys have big ass worms! We have something similar here called a Glass Snake.

I am having sushi for breakfast today -- kind of. I have really been craving sushi lately, but haven't gone to get some so when I was in my local high end grocery store today and saw that they made sushi rolls to order I decided I had to have some to satisfy my craving. I settled on what they call the Tokyo Fantasy Roll. It is spicy tuna with brown rice. I like it with the pickled ginger on top, and a dipping bowl full of soy sauce, lots of wasabi paste and srirachi. Yum.

Dragon Rolls. Nigiri. Anything with Salmon. Roe sucks. Shrimp stuff is good too. Tuna :). Favorite roll was a Volcano roll at a local place.

Back