• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Swine flu panic = cheap bacon. W00t

I'm willing to try new foods but if I don't enjoy it I rarely keep at it until I've acquired a taste for it. Too many other foods I like to take the time getting used to something I don't.:) It's usually more than a bite too.

I spent some time in Japan during my military career and believe me when I say I've eaten things you would never suspect ever being considered as food. I've eaten things on the farm that you don't usually find in most grocery stores. Beef and pig balls, brains, gizzards, etc. I've enjoyed some and have projectile spewed some.

As far as a good steak is involved I use black pepper, garlic and onion powder. I'll hit it with the salt ever so lightly when I take it off of the heat. Then perhaps a dollup of horseradish on the side. No sauces and especially NO FREAKING ketchup.

rainbowberry said:
Put your hand up if you've had an e-mail from your employer about this piggy flu at work... Mine was printed out for me and left on the desk, lol.

Yeah. One of the provisions is if we or anyone else in our family or that we live with has travelled to Mexico, we have to stay home for 7 days after they return. I wonder if I can take like 3 days off for having nothing but Mexican neighbors? Lol :lol:

Sickmont said:
SO WHEN THE HELL IS THE BEER PANDEMIC COMING?
I don't know, but I sure as hell would be one of the first to probably catch a beer pandemic:lol:. Also, I'm not sweating the swine flu pandemic either. Pandemics have come and gone since man exsisted. Any flu that someone catches is already not immune to it anyways as well. That's why it was caught. Flu tends to kill off the weak. I remember there's was a recall on beef I got from Kroger once too. They said it was contaminated with E Coli. I didn't even worry about it. It was cooked all of the way anyways. Never got sick. I think the media is making this look alot worse that it really is honestly. Doesn't suprise me the least bit...........I gotta go cook some bacon and eggs now though.:hell::lol:

patrick said:
I'm willing to try new foods but if I don't enjoy it I rarely keep at it until I've acquired a taste for it. Too many other foods I like to take the time getting used to something I don't.:) It's usually more than a bite too.

I spent some time in Japan during my military career and believe me when I say I've eaten things you would never suspect ever being considered as food. I've eaten things on the farm that you don't usually find in most grocery stores. Beef and pig balls, brains, gizzards, etc. I've enjoyed some and have projectile spewed some.

As far as a good steak is involved I use black pepper, garlic and onion powder. I'll hit it with the salt ever so lightly when I take it off of the heat. Then perhaps a dollup of horseradish on the side. No sauces and especially NO FREAKING ketchup.
Ever have deer heart? That's my favorite! I had a steak last night as well. Cooked rare with sauteed morels and wild leeks.......mmmmmm.

Back