• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Talas..Spring 2009 Start..

A very late start indeed for me for 2009,But work came first and so lets hope for a good summer smile.gif.
First like to thank all my friends for sending me seeds,while i was working over the last few months,your kindness is appreciated and will be paid back in kind over the next year,Because of the late start my brother and cousin are growing most of my c.Pubescens and some wilds and crosses,the ones in this thread will be all my own,Aim this year is to produce more cold tolerant variety's.
Have bought back seeds,from u.a.e,Oman,Yemen,Syria,Egypt,Iran,Jordan so hopefully some new variety's to try.Also seeds from st.Lucia and other windward islands thx to my brother who is touring the Carib and Mexico and Costa Rica.

Germinated so far..

(C. chinense)

Baiana
Cameroun
Goronong (Red)
Devils Tongue (red)
Habanero, Davie Peach
Pink Habanero
St.Lucia Bonnet
Magazin (St.Lucia)
Datil
Super Datil
Cheiro De Para
Cheiro Luna
Cheiro White
Cheiro Doce (sweet)
Guyana Tradegy
Equadoian Devils Breath
West Indian Yellow
St.Vincent
Cheiro Red
Piao
Olho De Peixe
Fidalga
Akabare
Murupi (orange)
----- (yellow)
Bode (Orange)
Bode Roxa
Bode Emprada
Bode Amarela (Yellow)
Moranga
Pimenta Morango
Peach St George
Cabacinha
Chifre De Bode
Habanero Cool Peach
Espora De Galo
GRIF 1570(c.chinese ?)
PI 438532
CGN 22860
PI 260404
Cacho De Cabra
Sazonadores Eachuch(PI 209589)
Haitan Goat Pepper
Pink Hananero
PI 315027
PI 281443
Antillerna
Arrivi Orange
CGN 22095
GRIF 9238
Mossman Lemon Yellow

will post more as they come..:)

Unclassified From Chile `Patagonia`
mini-P1000666.jpg

Growing in `Coir` Naga Lemon
mini-P1000667.jpg

St Lucia Bonnet `Red/Yellow/Orange`
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn263/glendower1/mini-
Orange Thai x Goats weed (dn)
[img]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn263/glendower1/mini-P1000769.jpg

Chocolate Scorpion Reaching for the sun
mini-P1000823.jpg

7 Pot x White Giant F2 (L) Duel Germination
mini-P1000824.jpg

Pimenta Morango
mini-P1000828.jpg

Fatalii..Always a Favorite
mini-P1000830.jpg

Plants looking great Talas! Nice list too. The first one from Patagonia looks 'Tepin-like' :) Talas, did you have names on those C. Pubescens from Bolivia? I was just curious what varieties they were. I'm guessing unnamed.

My C. Pubescens are doing best this year by FAR. It looks like it's the year of fuzzy plants. lol. `

Chris

talas said:
To say im sorry Omri..an old hot friend of yours Red Pepper For Hell :)

mini-P1000836.jpg
Is it the round one, or one I sent you?

All your plants are looking great, but say... don't you use soil anymore?

Nope got some nice loam/compost,Plus using Coir Canna/Biobizz,DWP,nft,Root Riot and few other germination techniques :)

I'm using TMG's (Tuff Merom Golan) Coco Coir - Baltic Peat Moss - Perlite mix ("Professional Grade") for my usual plants (well it's pretty damn good and cheap as it's local... cheaper than soil actually) with some extremely effective commercial grade Liquid Bio-Fertilizer, and normal Coir (with some perlite) with HESI and Canna for special plants I have plans for. basically I dumped soil as well.

cmpman1974 said:
Plants looking great Talas! Nice list too. The first one from Patagonia looks 'Tepin-like' :) Talas, did you have names on those C. Pubescens from Bolivia? I was just curious what varieties they were. I'm guessing unnamed.

My C. Pubescens are doing best this year by FAR. It looks like it's the year of fuzzy plants. lol. `

Chris

Brother is growing All C.pubes,The Bolivian are doing well..no names yet.. ill get some pics when hes back from holiday,Yes its a small fruit so tepin maybe..maybe not ;)

Omri said:
I'm using TMG's (Tuff Merom Golan) Coco Coir - Baltic Peat Moss - Perlite mix ("Professional Grade") for my usual plants (well it's pretty damn good and cheap as it's local... cheaper than soil actually) with some extremely effective commercial grade Liquid Bio-Fertilizer, and normal Coir (with some perlite) with HESI and Canna for special plants I have plans for. basically I dumped soil as well.

Nice combos with your coir my friend,using hesi on coir and Monkey juice,Biobizz on organic soil with some loam for the microherd,yes all my indoor and greenhouse will mainly be coir based and trying to cut down on soil where i can,was surprised with some setups i saw in Dubai how well the coir based plants where thriving :)

lol, well... in Dubai they make things work if you know what I mean ($$$!!!).
BTW I just *love* BioBizz, but it's way too pricey for me.

To be honest it was very pricey last year for me,But this year its come down in price a fair bit and its about £7.50 a litre (Grow/Bloom)at my local er herp Hydro shop lol :)

talas said:
To be honest it was very pricey last year for me,But this year its come down in price a fair bit and its about £7.50 a litre (Grow/Bloom)at my local er herp Hydro shop lol :)
The cheapest I've ever seen around here (and you need to buy more than just 1L) is twice as much. :shocked:

Back