• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Talas..Spring 2009 Start..

Thank you Rainbow lady,Indeed nice to see you,feel blessed you Omri and chris answering my post..I forgot what nice people you guys are..:)

talas said:
Thank you Rainbow lady,Indeed nice to see you,feel blessed you Omri and chris answering my post..I forgot what nice people you guys are..:)
Oh, I like you too! :oops:

In a Purely respectful way because your a chili grower of high repute like A.J,potawie OR Chris :lol: well lets hope one day someone might say it with some real conviction about us both hehe ;)

talas said:
In a Purely respectful way because your a chili grower of high repute like A.J,potawie OR Chris :lol: well lets hope one day someone might say it with some real conviction about us both hehe ;)
You're already a master grower. you're also what I refer to as a "collector". lots of fun and interesting specimens. Chris is one of the greatest with his amazing collection and plants. and of course POTAWIE... possibly the best grower I've ever seen. you're up there, though. I hope I reach there someday. right now I'm more into experimenting with growing tools and accessories. it might sound weird, but I'm building my own equipment. with time, more and more of what I use is homemade (and better than the commercial stuff). as for growing, I'm a small hobby gardener with a fast internet connection.

Nope like the idea of building our own stuff,as for price more peeps can do it and with the easiness of building a dwt for example its easier than most people think and you are a good grower
seen the evidence myself and was always impressive,great thing with gardening is that its trial and error and if you do something right the buzz is always worthwhile :)

Germination 4/4/09..
Jindungo
Fresno f4#2 (Cold Tolerant) (c.annuum)
Lemon Naga c.chinese)
Orange 7pot (c.chinese)
Naga Morich x Small Wild Mexican F2
7pot x White Giant F2
Yemen oasis (Unknown)
Dessert Mirage (?)
Haskorea (?)
Aleppo (c.annuum)
Grenada Seasoning (c.chinese)
Orange Thai x Small Wild From Mexico F2
`Bulbella F1..Cascabella x Bulgarian Carrot
Golden Greek Pepperoncini (c.annuum)
Fatalii x Habanero Guadeloupe F1
CGN 19198 (C. sp.)
Manaus (C. frutescens x chinense) f2

Thank you guys,R.B just hope and praying for a decent summer...
Omri ye that was sent me last week the Fatalii/Guadeloupe gave the seeds to my brother last autumn hes been busy lets hope its stable :)

great looking plants Talas...your list makes me wonder how much more room I have...I basically am growing stuff you can get without too much trouble and a few that are crosses from members here, including you...I have three nice chocolate habajolokia plants off and running....

it sure is good to have you back...

talas said:
Thank you guys,R.B just hope and praying for a decent summer...
Omri ye that was sent me last week the Fatalii/Guadeloupe gave the seeds to my brother last autumn hes been busy lets hope its stable
Can't be that stable if it's F1. should be fun to grow, though.
I'm kinda boring actually, growing normal Habaneros, normal Fataliis... I do have few crosses I've been working on for the last two years (multiple seasons - indoors).

Omri said:
Can't be that stable if it's F1. should be fun to grow, though.
I'm kinda boring actually, growing normal Habaneros, normal Fataliis... I do have few crosses I've been working on for the last two years (multiple seasons - indoors).

Well yes exactly its always a bind see how things will come on with a hybrid,Been working on some yourself..Nice one..its certainly interesting to see how the plants turn out and growing through successive generations,all the best my friend and if you want some seeds later on in the season,don't be afraid to ask ;)

*SORRY FOR HIJACKING THE THREAD, BUT I JUST HAD TO SHARE IT WITH YOU*
Not as exciting as Habatalii, but...
  • Red Bud (permanent name to be decided) - C. Chinense x C. Frutescens
    1. Small leaves
    2. Petite structure
    3. Small, red, bird-type, pods which are a lot thicker than normal
      • Heat the same as Habanero
      • Taste strangely enough resembles the one of Fresno
    4. Heat tolerance (not as much with cold)
  • Omri's Carrot (permanent name to be decided) - C. Chinense x C. Frutescens
    1. Large, Frutescens-like leaves
    2. Normal Frutescens structure (occasionally lack stability)
      • The appearance of multiple flowers per node
    3. Long, orange, bird-type pods
      • Taste almost as fruity as Habanero (definitely a Chinense flavor is dominant)
    4. Heat tolerance
*Both originally from the same parents.
*Both had to be crossed repeatedly with the Chinense parent to get the desired qualities.
*The goal with both is a compact plant (credit to Bent for the idea), which packs heat and flavor without too many needs (not much light and is weather tolerant).

First *working* generation - "Red Bud" on the right and "Omri's Carrot" on the left (2007):
dsc00681x.jpg

"Red Bud" plant (2008):
dsc00692.jpg

dsc00691.jpg

dsc00690b.jpg

Nice crosses Omri! Talas, nice list too. You're hunting down more than me even now. lol. You can win the official 'king of pepperland' title for varieties. :) Potawie wins the 'king of production in cold climate' award too. Lastly, Luigi55 wins the most awesome pepper crossing award. More awards to be given out soon...

This year, I'm winning the award for the longest period of time plants can still have only starter leaves. Not an award I hoped for. I don't think production will be too great this year unless they have a major growth spurt. Well, the positive thing is I sure don't have the issue of plants overcrowding stuff this year.

I'm hoping once May hits, I can get them in a portable greenhouse and sunlight will be my savior. Maybe it'll do me some good to put out plants in the ground several weeks later. I may be pleasantly surprised. :)

Omri, where's the habatalii seeds? I'll pay any price. Forget the C. Biforum and other super rare wilds Talas had. I was going to give my left arm for them. I'll give both arms for the cherished Habatalii seeds. :)

Omri said:
*SORRY FOR HIJACKING THE THREAD, BUT I JUST HAD TO SHARE IT WITH YOU*
Not as exciting as Habatalii, but...
  • Red Bud (permanent name to be decided) - C. Chinense x C. Frutescens
    1. Small leaves
    2. Petite structure
    3. Small, red, bird-type, pods which are a lot thicker than normal
      • Taste strangely enough resembles the one of Fresno
    4. Heat tolerance (not as much with cold)
  • Omri's Carrot (permanent name to be decided) - C. Chinense x C. Frutescens
    1. Large, Frutescens-like leaves
    2. Normal Frutescens structure (occasionally lack stability)
      • The appearance of multiple flowers per node
    3. Long, orange, bird-type pods
      • Taste almost as fruity as Habanero (definitely a Chinense flavor is dominant)
    4. Heat tolerance
*Both originally from the same parents.
*Both had to be crossed repeatedly with the Chinense parent to get the desired qualities.
*The goal with both is a compact plant (credit to Bent for the idea), which packs heat and flavor without too many needs (not much light and is weather tolerant).

First *working* generation - "Red Bud" on the right and "Omri's Carrot" on the left (2007):
dsc00681x.jpg

"Red Bud" plant (2008):
dsc00692.jpg

dsc00691.jpg

dsc00690b.jpg

I completely disagree with your ordinary plants indeed dont be silly,iam excited to see those and wonder about there `Flavor`
which is crucial to me,While in the middle east i tried a lot of pods from various plants i had not tried at home or with my relations over the last few years..Surprise i was to find some of the variety's i was going to grow where bland and uninteresting so was a sea change for me.Just as interested to grow a new flavorsome variety than a new t/t or other superhot
id be very interested to grow your plants and you should be proud of your work.

cmpman1974 said:
Nice crosses Omri! Talas, nice list too. You're hunting down more than me even now. lol. You can win the official 'king of pepperland' title for varieties. :) Potawie wins the 'king of production in cold climate' award too. Lastly, Luigi55 wins the most awesome pepper crossing award. More awards to be given out soon...

This year, I'm winning the award for the longest period of time plants can still have only starter leaves. Not an award I hoped for. I don't think production will be too great this year unless they have a major growth spurt. Well, the positive thing is I sure don't have the issue of plants overcrowding stuff this year.

I'm hoping once May hits, I can get them in a portable greenhouse and sunlight will be my savior. Maybe it'll do me some good to put out plants in the ground several weeks later. I may be pleasantly surprised. :)

Omri, where's the habatalii seeds? I'll pay any price. Forget the C. Biforum and other super rare wilds Talas had. I was going to give my left arm for them. I'll give both arms for the cherished Habatalii seeds. :)

King me not even a queen..no definelty not..nor prince just a lowly serf as for crosses well Luigi 55,Donnie,Luigi il messicano
`J`,Jonas,lonewolf,My brother are all kings of cross pollination.Me yourself,Omri,Mam are all beginners on that fine road.But potawie,yourself,P.R.F,r.b,A.J,Sara are real gardeners And i was last years beginner like Margarida etc..yes lets hope
CGN24332 sprouts.. nothing yet.
Last year was difficult for everyone chris but you had a great late burst and i remember those pods you had and how full your freezer was.lets hope for a great summer for us all we certainly deserve it after the last 2 years :)

Habatalii sounds like a great cross but it needs a better name like Guadaloupii, Guadaloupalii, or fataloupii. Habatalii sounds too much like an orange hab cross

More This morning..
Orange 7 pot (c.chinese)
Jamy (c.bacuuatum)
904750136 (c.Cardenasi)
Purple Flowered Chacoense (C.chacoense)
Chicanna Purple (c.sp)
7pot x T.Scorpion F2(L)(c.chinese)
Korean Hot x F2 (D)
Rocotillo (c.chinese)
Arivivi Gusano (c.chinese)
CGN 23205 (SA 326)(W/UR)(C. baccatum var. baccatum)

Back