• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Talas..Spring 2009 Start..

Talas, on an unrelated topic, your Chocolate Habalokia is doing great! Very prolific and it setting pods. I'm excited about this one. It was a slow starter from seed, but it went into high gear come outside.

Goats Weed x Orange Thai (D)
mini-P1010087.jpg

mini-P1010089.jpg

Jindungo and Purple Jolokia plants Separted for Cross
mini-P1010092.jpg

Few pages back..Had a large number of cuttings taken from them,But seem in good condition and on a Diet of Bloom/Topmax there recovering well :)

Talas...I have 4 of the chocolate habajolokias growing...three in the ground (bad dirt) that are stunted and one in a 5 gallon container that is doing better...I think I waited too long to transplant them and they are stunted...we will see what another 4 months can do for them...

POTAWIE said:
None of the plants I've ever grown will survive under 3C-4C for more than a few hours.
With cold tolerant plants it would change the way I do everything in the winter/spring:)

Potawie...I was very surprized to see my wild tepins survive the winter outside here...I just cut them back and put the containers in a corner of the yard...the temps this past winter got down to 19.5F (~ -6C)

they were the only ones that survived and are little shrubs now and have been loaded with little round balls of fire for a couple of months...problem is, the mockingbirds get to them faster than I can...

I guess they would survive if they grow wild in the south
Even beside a cold patio door, many of my over-wintered plants died, but I guess there could be factors other than temperature involved:(

That really A.J it makes sense some varietys of Tepin can survive low temps,Dessert conditions in New mexico(But with cold temps at night) and in Mexico and a few places in Low range mountain condtions,Really useful A.J and it seems the plants adapt quicker when they are introduced gradually and get more used to frosty conditions,Have got a Travis county Tepin growing so might do some winter tests thank you :)

Sorry to hear about the habolokia hope they pick up :)

talas, those Lanceolatum's and the C.Rhomboideum are really interesting and healthy looking. Do you have pics of any of the pods from either?

Pequin de Ischia x Naga Morich aka "Nagaquin" F2
mini-P1010103.jpg

`Naga Lemon` Naga Morich x Lemon Drop (C.Chinese/C.Baccatum)
mini-P1010102.jpg

Back