• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Tastyest chili pod

Hi everybody!!! OK, what is the tastiest pepper you have eaten?? Of course from the hottest peppers. I tried a small serrano pepper but It taste like eating leaves or something, not that tasty, also tried a orange habanero, not that bad.

I'm so glad you asked this question. I have been looking for updated opinions that include some of the new chiles that have surfaced in the recent years. This is my first year growing and after searching and searching this from 2005 was the only thing I could find. So I used it as my starting point but I am looking forward to next year when I will be starting from seed instead of buying the plants from CCN. The list below was originally posted by someone named groovy1. I edited it to clean it up and move up datil's to #4 to match his comments a few posts down. The original cane be found buy googling "best tasty peppers"

Top 10 Best Tasting:

1) Jamaican Hot Chocolate
2) Scotch Bonnet - TFM
3) Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnet
4) Datil
5) Antillais Caribbean
6) Martinique Habanero
7) Harold's St. Barts
8) Venezuelan Sweet Hab or Sweet Datils are a close second to these
9) Chocolate Habanero or Congo Black
10) Scotch Bonnet, True Jamaican Scotch Bonnet (Yellow Scotch Bonnet)
11) Tied for 11th place: Fatalii, Caribbean Red Hab, Limon, Cumari ou Passarinho, Madame Jeanette, Red Scotch Bonnet, Red Habanero, Cumari, Billy Goat, Davie Peach Habanero, West Indian Red, Francisca Habanero, Beth's Large Yellow Hab, Scotch Bonnet, Big Sun, Beth's Market Peach, the yellow Bonda Ma Jacques.

He also did a great detailed grow season review of 33 chiles. If you have not seen it google "review of peppers grown 2005". I wish more people would do something like this. I plan to try to do it with the 29 I am growing this season. I imagine it is harder to do than it looks trying to remember and differentiate between so may peppers then put it into words.

It would be nice to have a poll where you could vote for the best tasting variety of 7 pod, bhut jolokia, habanero, bonnet, superhot, etc. although if enough people respond here it would be a great resource to have in a single thread.

Extremely limited experience, but when pickled, I'm a fan of Fefferona and Hot Cherries. Limited heat, but both are extremely tasty.

Fatalli's are nice but similar to many other yellow pods.

I love Dorsets!!! I think they have a unique taste compared to all other superhot but also nicer than all other pods I've tried.

Bonnet's are always nice too :)

Fatalii's are good, but overrated IMO. I would consider them my favorite yellow variety though. Bhut Jolokia is king of heat & flavor. Nagas, in general, are similar to the Bhut. After that, I like Jalapeno, Fresno, Chocolate Habanero, White Bullet Habanero and Hawaii Sweet Hot. 7 Pod is king of heat, and the flavor is OK, but they're really not edible except for people who enjoy long lasting pain and reading in the bathroom.

I reserve the right to postpone my remarks until I get a wider sampling of peppers under my belt. Just way to many out there to give my opinion just yet ;)

I love Rocotos !! then Dorset Nagas/ Morich dried I use these on everything and I like Pickled Hot Cherry peppers as well I like to munch on these with a loaf of good Italian bread.

I have a pepper relish that I made last year and people are absolutely wild for it and Rocotos are one of the "stars" of the bunch. I may have to make an emergency batch soon went thru a gallon so far.

siling labuyo! (love thy own) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jalapeno's flavor is good enough for me.

i'm getting curious at the flavor of fatali for getting a lot of votes here.

Right now it's my Jalabanero. Other times I would have picked Naga Morich, Various Thais, Lemon Drop, Orange Hab, Santa Fe Grande...

This season I'm expanding my horizons, but so far I'm very fond of Naga Morich, Fatalii and Datil powder for kicking just about anything up a few notches on the flavor/heat scale. Fresh Fataliis and Datils are nice too.

When eating cooked pods chile rellenos made with fresh poblanos stuffed with what ever strikes my fancy, including the addition of hot chopped chiles is hard to beat.

I'm looking forward to sampling some fresh Manzanos and 7s this season, as well as many, many others in my grow list, and experimenting with different blends in sauces, salsas and powders.

If one chile doesn't float your boat, blend it with others. :)

So, far the best is the one I haven't tasted yet, I bought into the hipe by members like JayT on Fatalii in older posts and bought some seeds and now have a few plants that I baby every day with hopes of tasting my own juicy fatalii. I came a cross a hot lemon plant at a grocery store for $2.99 and bought it(then a few weeks later I went back and they were on sale for .99 cents bought 2 more) - the hot lemon is suppose to have a neat citrus flavour.

Datil and Rocoto are next on my hit list as one of the best I have yet to taste - again, based on the raves of THP members.

Back