Texas Question

no offense taken JayT...or anyone else...it is simply a matter of choice...my mother used to make chili with beans...I just don't like them...

thats why they make vanilla and chocolate

I don't really mind how anyone chooses their chilli but for me i just think "why would i want to spread out the flavour and taste chalky beans?".

JMO

Poor vegetarians. All beans, no meat :P

That's it! I'm going to make a turkey and tofu chili with lima beans just so I can post pics of it to make ya'll puke....that is if Moy's avatar didn't make you puke already! :lol:

Salute',TB.

that smoked brisket chili definitely would have a different taste...

cheezydemon said:
Are you gonna tell me you critiqued the slaw, and SKIPPED THE SHRIMP AND PEPPERS?;)

The shrimp & peppers ap was the 1 st thing I ordered there, it wasn't for me. Baltimore is a big seafood town, so anything seafood from a chain rest will not be appealing to me. The shrimp were to small, however it was a nice portion. I ate about a 1/3 of it. Great cesear salad

I made leftover brisket chili earlier this summer, but I don't have a recipe. I just used it in place of the beef in my normal chili.

texas blues said:
That's it! I'm going to make a turkey and tofu chili with lima beans just so I can post pics of it to make ya'll puke....that is if Moy's avatar didn't make you puke already! :lol:

Salute',TB.

lol. Hmmm... Maybe a little wheatgrass in there... chili verde!

I make my chili beans from cranberry beans slow cooked with a smoked ham bone, homegrown peppers and powder, cumin, salt and pepper.

They are lovely on their own with some corn bread, but they kick chili up a notch when added to some red.

And here's another bomb......

PORK IS BBQ. (;))

in the words of ray wylie hubbard

"Screw You We're From Texas"
(not towards anyone)
to have beans or not to have beans that is the question.

I'm from Oklahoma,ya know why it's so windy there?
Kansas blows and Texas Sucks!
Cubed Chuck in Chile,rolled in a blend of smoked ground,ground chiles and Corn flour/flour blend brown in a cast iron Dutch oven.Crushed tomatoes,cumin,onions,garlic,Mex. oregano,Fresh chopped peppers,New Mex,Poblano,Jalapenos,Black Beans!
Blend some Mesa with some water to make a paste...Done deal,no better
Of course I haven't tried a smoked point...

scoville said:
I'm from Oklahoma,ya know why it's so windy there?
Kansas blows and Texas Sucks!
Cubed Chuck in Chile,rolled in a blend of smoked ground,ground chiles and Corn flour/flour blend brown in a cast iron Dutch oven.Crushed tomatoes,cumin,onions,garlic,Mex. oregano,Fresh chopped peppers,New Mex,Poblano,Jalapenos,Black Beans!
Blend some Mesa with some water to make a paste...Done deal,no better
Of course I haven't tried a smoked point...

A non believer...

Watch this and be absolved of your sins!

Salute', TB.

There are two different things here.

Chili has no beans

Chili with Beans obviously does. People from where I am from call this dish Cili Beans.

But to answer the question Chili has no beans in it, thats a different dish.

Up here in da nort we love are beans in da chili. Its extra fuel to keep us ***cough*** warm on doze cold nights, and the mrs. to ;)

Back