I had some leftover beans:

ieAIqpJzJDgrJ.jpg

Also some leftover bacon, so i chopped and pan fried it:
ibnItEldt4G7le.jpg

Beaten some eggs:
iLcSmU7vexc00.jpg

Twin spaghetti dish:
ibgWCMa2kKuXQm.jpg

Carbonara and bean spaghetti topped with grana padano (here just a bit for photo purpose, i used a lot more) and my hot sauce.

Today i had some time to waste so i used the Imperia SP 150 (a legacy of my grandma, that tool is older than me and it's still good).

Starting material: 300g flour, 3 home hen egg, a bit of salt:
inpxlmjjcTWvi.jpg

A board should be better, but a bowl is more comfortable to clean...

Mix and knead well until homogeneous:
istzUIwHHUkXA.jpg

Then wait half of an hour.

Here the machine:
it4kpyYxQLxGt.jpg

Flattened all pasta:
ib1FjUiLjk2CIm.jpg

At that point it's very important to dust with flour all flattened pasta.

Forming fettuccine:
iqMKqqvcaEXma.jpg

Here i didn't use flour so all attached each other and i needed to redo.

Some fettuccine:
iWB0dXuCrgldH.jpg

I made them quite thick.

Some humble seafood topping:
i4p0fSeoAfRwO.jpg

Cooking pasta:
i5eBbQI3rk7Fu.jpg

I haven't checked how long they took to cook, between 5 and 10 minutes...

Mix with topping:
iZYRwt2Chg3iM.jpg

My dish:
iTx0gAasanr6D.jpg

With my 7pod apricot sauce.
No cheese here!

That was good, that pasta is much better than store bought!

Looking good! And butter, right?

I know y'all'r into the oil over there but I toss pasta in butter as soon as it's done before I add anything else. Even red sauce. It makes the whole dish richer. Mmmmm. butter, Try it. Just put a pat in the strainer with the pasta and toss. Then finish how you want.

The issue is that pasta here is our main dish, it would be unwise to use always butter.:p Evo on other hand is healthier. I like it a lot too.
You said red... Cooked tomato puree + butter is awesome (very dependant on tomato and butter quality).

Yeah it adds richness... and fatness. ;)

Essegi said:

Man, does that look good. That reminds me. I need to convince my wife to make some ravioli one of these days - it's been a while.
     I gotta know, is that Lee Van Cleef in your new avatar photo?

Thanks Dash! Sounds good homemade ravioli (i've never tried to make some, i should try too!).
Yeah, Lee Van Cleef in avatar from for a few dollars more, my fav western character!
This train'll stop at Tucumcari:
EDIT:
i had my first fatalli. Not from my grow because my fatalii is late.
I tasted a piece then used in a way i like a lot: chopped, bathed in evo for a while (let's say at least the time used to boil pasta and cook spaghetti, more is better), then used to top pasta. Nothing else.

That is a really healthy food. This is the one that allowed me to lose 15kg in 3 months. And i like it the eay it is, You taste evo, you taste pasta and of course you taste the pepper. I want evo from Puglia. Our is good too, but not as this one.

in9j3t3S2iiB6.jpg

Cool looking pod!

iHrA61fHuEqvf.jpg

Smell is strong!

ibuDvG502DR36J.jpg

Awesome pod!
Fatalii could be my fav pepper, i just must try it more.
It somewhat remembered me superhot taste that i like a lot.
It's hotter than an habanero with stronger taste.
I felt some bitter and an hint of soap taste, but aside that is an excellent pepper and was gone in pasta dish!
Want more!

Tinnie said:
Drunk, hungry and making a mess over the weekend....

EDIT: Dang your last post Essegi.... im gonna be whistling this for days on end now!!! lol
Nice spaghetti! Looks massive! Even better if drunk! :D

Morricone sure has done some of the best film music scores (though i didn't like him signing siae, italian stuff)! :D

Thanks Tinnie, btw i really haven't made that. :P I really have no experience with meat sauces... Well, with making meat sauces, i do have some in eating (and i still declare that duck ragù is wonderful). :D
Sometimes i've heard that more you cook a ragù the better it is (and worse for your stomach). The one above has been cooked just a bit.

I'd like sooner or later to made the ragù of portinaio/guardaporta (doorman). That need hours to be cooked and the story says that only neapolitan doormen had enough time to cook it! :D The only issue is that you need veal tenderloin and i don't want to spend 30€ on meat for a ragù :D

EDIT: found that recipe that doesn't say tenderloin and no less than 4 hours and "serve with excessive amounts of good Italian red wine."  :D
http://shinythingsilike.blogspot.it/2011/12/ragu-guardaporta.html

iliui9R59qthi.jpg

Walnuts, prosciutto cotto and some fish rolls, topped with piri piri (my part of cooking was just to top with piri piri). Nice but lacked amalgamation.

Back