food The big badass pasta thread

I did some stuff last night...nothing special ;)

Shrimp Fra Diavlo...

10155052_758534200846975_1892473545_n.jpg

1939984_758559824177746_346119522_n.jpg

1000635_758579997509062_1549722196_n.jpg

When peeling the shrimp I of course squeezed all the goodies out of the heads to add back to the sauce. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I did some stuff last night...nothing special ;)
Are you kidding? That could be the best dish of that thread!
Sometimes i eat in restaurants spaghetti allo scoglio that are similar, add clams and mussels and some other but the rest is similar.
Really one od the best things ever!

texas blues said:
I really don't eat much pasta Essi but I love pesto loooooong time.

The more garlic the better. 

I'd take that pesto and slap it on some whole wheat bruschetta with some sun dried tomato and really good olive oil to drizzle on it.

But since I'm fantasizing out loud, just gimme' that plate of pasta di pesto. 

mangio!
Just put it on pizza with pomodorini and stracchino and it's really great!
For some reason boiled potatoes and oil for me sucks, so that time i didn't added more...

Si senor.

I'd could do that with little tomato's.

Potato's?

The only time I boil them is when I am blanching them and then roast them.

With olive oil, garlic and rosemary/thyme.

Super bueno!

Again strangolapreti. In general i don't eat that often, that abundance is a welcomed rule breaker.

i0Kvhbnsu9MzJ.jpg

That time condiment is gorgonzola mascarpone (TD leftover), stracchino and milk:
icWKVVxfPtZKO.jpg

Black and hot pepper powder too...

Prepared also some oil with sage:
ibtoDTZorOsZj8.jpg

Added more stracchino:
ibbKM7Wy7aeemg.jpg

Cooked and added some cinnamon
i3h24D2RNtGHD.jpg

A bit of cinnamon (i wasn't interested in cinnamon taste, but gorgonzola and sage, while being great together, sometimes develop a bitter taste, just to counter that. I hate bitter).

Spadellare!
ibdXrhEnq21iT7.jpg

Today i've found a good price for Molisana spaghettoni alla chitarra. Result:
ibm59NJRiI98Qx.jpg

I had still some schiaffoni (big slaps) to finish, so i made a simple sauce: pan fty a scallot and a clove of garlic, then salt and black pepper. I've cut 1 red pod and one green pod of some hot pepper that i bought at the market... Not so hot, but still hot and big, so heat factor was nice. Well, cooked also these 2 pods with that, then some tomato a pezzettoni... And used schiaffoni as sauce holders. Then fresh parsley on top.

ir4Vdobbmcdhf.jpg

i6hPYqJfU3wBd.jpg

That stuff begged very very hard for shrimps. I need to redo with that asap.

Nice!

Penny said:
Yummy looking pasta dishes!! :dance:
Thanks!

Ok, i couldn't wait so i did the improved version. I used mussels too.
Never cooked mussels or shrimps before...

iZ615tndvJY9j.jpg

Missing parsley and bp in pic... That peppers aren't bad.

Process:
ibdnEQuutU5uzG.gif

Pan fry scallots,  add salt and black pepper and garlic, add hot peppers, add shrimps, add white wine, when it dries add mussels and other wine. When it's dried add tomato. Add spaghetti, cook a bit, turn off fire, add parsley.

Final dish with more parsley:

ibukpWZojWaVG9.jpg

Thanks for not ladling sauce on top of plain noodles and serving... and I always need a sharp/salty cheese with a bolognese or ragu. The cheese acts as the salt. Nicely done.

What spice?

The Hot Pepper said:
Thanks for not ladling sauce on top of plain noodles and serving... and I always need a sharp/salty cheese with a bolognese or ragu. The cheese acts as the salt. Nicely done.

What spice?
Most welcome, Thai blend. I missed the copy/paste with the picture. I usually always finish the noodles in the sauce, levels apart from ladling over dry noodles. 

Got to. They are sponges for the sauce when on the heat, a splash of pasta water even helps. Gets it all incorporated, and then twist with the tongs onto the plate... remaining sauce on top... perfecto!

JayT said:
Looks great.  I smashed my craving for pasta with red sauce last night.  Ironically, I used Joyners Thai Blend in mine sauce too!
I swear it takes normal pasta and puts it over the top. The wife is traveling and I sent a jar with her, she used it tonight in a restaurant. We have used roughly 3 ounces since 1/1/14 in our cooking lol.

Heh. I just used the fruit smoked non-superhots in spaghetti w/green olives.

And... it's gone!

Back