food The big badass pasta thread

Claw crab meat over angel hair pasta with a Thai butter lemon garlic sauce.

10712732_877629445604116_5292130089452586178_n.jpg

Essegi said:
Exactly, i was not sure about the terms.
I understood what you meant, many people have that issue with thicker sauces not not properly incorporating ingredients. I am no master so I shall let the pros weigh in. :) I can make some smooth gravy however 

How did you make the sauce - what steps? Which ingredients in each step?

I've never seen filled gnocchi before - sounds interesting.

geeme said:
How did you make the sauce - what steps? Which ingredients in each step?

I've never seen filled gnocchi before - sounds interesting.
They are good too but often store bought are just horrible. I've never homemade them but i suppose they are worth it. Or not. I'm thinking that standard gnocchi topped instead filled are just as good as and simpler. I've good memories from some mushroom filled gnocchi btw.

I tried a method i've read some time ago and i did it wrong.
I heathen milk then i've put chopped asiago to melt it.
In another pan i've melt some butter then added some flour and mixed well
At last i put milk asiago over butter flour and tried to melt together,

Reading now i need to grate asiago over milk then heat slowly... I did once but result were similar to that.
Now i've remade that, assembling with butter flour, then bring to the boiling point then keep the heat stirring always so it won't boil.

Result has been ok that time:
iLNwRN1cyZOjq.jpg

That time with pasta and speck (just heaten a bit in pan after straining pasta):
ilJEpcoxHfAIM.jpg

Surely better executed but gnocchi are more suitable for that. Also some choco bhut powder, i prefer red moruga.
Also next time i'll just melt asiago on top and skip the sauce, simpler and surely stronger taste.
Not that i'm saying it was bad by any means, it has been really good. Just that it could be better. Asiago and speck combo is just that powerful.

Thanks Steve!

Here again with gnocchi and a better Asiago:
im6mW01RvnTID.jpg

Moruga powder that time and a cooked speck (sorta smoked prosciutto cotto).
Also i've made the sauce for lunch and i used for dinner, it was still smooth and liquid again with some heat.
And yes, gnocchi are better for that,

Asiago sauce again! It's just good.

Also some wild steccherino bianco aka hydnum, i believe repandum specie, from my hills, that was picked some hours ago:
i1q6Eq4ILpBTF.jpg

I've cooked them with garlic, some parsley, salt and a bit of black pepper. At the end cooked with white wine:
iRogy8ZLbmT6p.jpg

Assembled with fettuccine, Asiago sauce and fatalii powder:
iY1InHut2MDgw.jpg

That was really good and strong taste.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Claw crab meat over angel hair pasta with a Thai butter lemon garlic sauce.

10712732_877629445604116_5292130089452586178_n.jpg

Totally doing a twist on this with some crab meat.  I don't see a lot of crap on pasta but its a total no brainer.  Thanks JHP.  
Essegi said:
Asiago sauce again! It's just good.

Also some wild steccherino bianco aka hydnum, i believe repandum specie, from my hills, that was picked some hours ago:
i1q6Eq4ILpBTF.jpg

I've cooked them with garlic, some parsley, salt and a bit of black pepper. At the end cooked with white wine:
iRogy8ZLbmT6p.jpg

Assembled with fettuccine, Asiago sauce and fatalii powder:
iY1InHut2MDgw.jpg

That was really good and strong taste.

I want some of that in my belly.

Essegi - I find myself repeatedly appreciating the level of heat you are packing into a lot of these dishes. It's not easy to make things that hot, still taste good ...

grantmichaels said:
Essegi - I find myself repeatedly appreciating the level of heat you are packing into a lot of these dishes. It's not easy to make things that hot, still taste good ...

:welcome:

grantmichaels said:
Thanks Grant, i'm just topping with powder because often i can't cook incorporating the heat during the process since i don't coook just for me... Not that for pasta is bad since powder on top works wonder with that.
I must say that superhot powder are really strong both in heat and in flavour, just a bit is enough to feel the heat and taste. Surprisingly good, i like that much better than regular annuum powder as taste. Maybe one day i'll be able to figure out wich powder is best with a given food...
Fatalii powder is just one of the best thing ever.

There is some really good looking pasta dishes in here!  I love to make fresh pasta and will start back up again once my new flock of chickens start to lay. should be any day, fresh made pasta with your own fresh eggs is the best. :cheers:  

FreeportBum said:
fresh made pasta with your own fresh eggs is the best. :cheers:
I can't agree more. Above i used dry fettuccine... In general i don't like them. With mushrooms they are decent, with ragù i hate them. I don't have hens, but i have many relatives that have some so i have often homemade fresh eggs.
Btw maximum respect to you for homemade pasta and even more for homemade mozz (really, i should make that too)!

Back