"The CHOCOLATE Reaper"...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dulac said:

8-10 for high quality selected varieties only imo.

Indeed, which is why 8-10 is around the most I'd pay

Aaron Sm said:
Let's look at the facts here. First off it's brown secondly it shaped like a Carolina reaper third it came from a field or nothing but Carolina reapers our planet. That's enough for me. If you were asking $40 for 10 seeds I would pay it. Thanks and keep growing!!!!!!!!!!!!
A field of nothing but reapers? Lol

And yes to ppl who don't know any better they will sell.

oh and Dale I just noticed your bit about the money and tractor. I tend to skip over a lot of what you say because it's not worth reading...not that it is your biz but..

1. ed paid me in full (and then some) for everything he purchased.
2. Yes i have 2 tractors, a brand new mulcher, bedder and water wheel planter. Purchasing a new 7' tiller tomorrow. If all goes as planned next season and we get the additional 40 acres, we will be buying another 100HP tractor and a 3 row mulcher/bedder. How about you? Did you need to borrow one or something? I heard you did have some money issues so ya never know.

By the way..here are some really nice Trinidad Scorpion Chocolates... I will let you all figure out where they came from..and then look at Post #1 on this thread. Hmm...boy funny how those scorpions suddenly turned into reapers.

dalescorpion.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSWEjocWmCg&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4wlMXjVUaI&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, the pods in the pics Dale posted up DO look a lot like the chocolate Scorpions in the videos....

UC Davis Department of plant sciences might be able to help here. They have a vegetable research center that may be able to she'd some light on this. I'll call them tomorrow!

Aaron Sm said:
UC Davis Department of plant sciences might be able to help here. They have a vegetable research center that may be able to she'd some light on this. I'll call them tomorrow!

Bakers won't go ahead with anything they say, because he saw it with his very own eyes!

Ted's review of those scorpions look very much like the OP.

Someone's losing his marbles... :crazy:

I believe Ed has already weighed in on page 3 of this topic, He has fathered his Carolina reaper from F1 stage all the way to the stable pepper we all love and cherish.  You would think that he has seen hundred of iterations of his (Carolina Reaper) pepper and if he says its not a Reaper I would tend to believe him. 

Just my 2 cents

I don't want to jump to any conclusions about this until I grow it out and consult with the experts. To me it looks like a reaper. If it is he could be onto something here and I'm glad he's giving us the opportunity to grow them for ourselves.

I normally don’t get involved in this type of drama cesspool, but today I am jumping in.
1)      I watched your videos last year of your company and was very impressed. I can tell the dedication by how nice your plants looked.
2)      I was amazed about what you think you know about our business with this thread. Talking out your arse does not show any form of business sense. I always chuckle reading comments about our business practices with our partners, from folks who aren’t involved and really have no clue. I work the business full time and keep records of everything – trust me I would know.  
3)      Businesses need to watch the way they conduct themselves and be prepared for any fallout from the way they run said business. Many old timers remember what you have said and done in the past and will judge you from here on out, on things you say and do, until you prove yourself worthy of their trust. A list of rolling tall tales does you no good.
4)      Selling of the “Chocolate Reaper” seeds. I give you credit, on your site you fully tell folks what they may grow out, may not look like what you have posted. You basically say it’s a freak. You for a fact, don’t know if it’s a reaper. So selling it as a reaper puts a bad taste in folks mouths. Sure you will make money off newbies and those who don’t know of the threads on here. Other folks shake their head and say F1’s shouldn’t be sold as said pepper – if it’s even a reaper.
5)      The peppers you have posted are RAD!! And I’m being fully honest. Great find – whatever they are. I think you should take Jim up on his DNA testing he’s going to be doing. I’m sure you’ve talked with him lately – or he’s talked with Joe. If not give him a call. I’m sure we would all love to know the type of pepper this truly is.
6)      Why doesn’t everyone share in this cool find? Burning all your reaper plants last year and you selling lots of primos is still fresh in folks minds. Do folks believe you burnt them or that you just changed them to primos to make money? Speaking of money, many hope you paid back the fellow who loaned you money. These are threads folks started on this site - these are the things that go thru folks minds.
7)      We are all in this crazy community together – we are all not going to get along. This is life. Live and learn who to trust. This is not a fully kumbaya community, no matter how folks pretend it is.  Even with that said, the majority are great people!
Please keep us updated on the pepper and whatever it may be. Isolate that puppy!!

I normally dont get involved in this type of drama cesspool, but today I am jumping in.
1)      I watched your videos last year of your company and was very impressed. I can tell the dedication by how nice your plants looked.
2)      I was amazed about what you think you know about our business with this thread. Talking out your arse does not show any form of business sense. I always chuckle reading comments about our business practices with our partners, from folks who arent involved and really have no clue. I work the business full time and keep records of everything trust me I would know.  
3)      Businesses need to watch the way they conduct themselves and be prepared for any fallout from the way they run said business. Many old timers remember what you have said and done in the past and will judge you from here on out, on things you say and do, until you prove yourself worthy of their trust. A list of rolling tall tales does you no good.
4)      Selling of the Chocolate Reaper seeds. I give you credit, on your site you fully tell folks what they may grow out, may not look like what you have posted. You basically say its a freak. You for a fact, dont know if its a reaper. So selling it as a reaper puts a bad taste in folks mouths. Sure you will make money off newbies and those who dont know of the threads on here. Other folks shake their head and say F1s shouldnt be sold as said pepper if its even a reaper.
5)      The peppers you have posted are RAD!! And Im being fully honest. Great find whatever they are. I think you should take Jim up on his DNA testing hes going to be doing. Im sure youve talked with him lately or hes talked with Joe. If not give him a call. Im sure we would all love to know the type of pepper this truly is.
6)      Why doesnt everyone share in this cool find? Burning all your reaper plants last year and you selling lots of primos is still fresh in folks minds. Do folks believe you burnt them or that you just changed them to primos to make money? Speaking of money, many hope you paid back the fellow who loaned you money. These are threads folks started on this site - these are the things that go thru folks minds.
7)      We are all in this crazy community together we are all not going to get along. This is life. Live and learn who to trust. This is not a fully kumbaya community, no matter how folks pretend it is.  Even with that said, the majority are great people!
Please keep us updated on the pepper and whatever it may be. Isolate that puppy!!
Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back