• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food The Drunken Chef

Good lord, fellas!!! Y'all have been cooking up a storm this weekend! Everything looks so delicious. I'm glad I'm full right now, otherwise I'd have to go devour everything in my fridge lol.

Chilehunter - Did you have the Boulevard Lunar Ale or one of the "staple" Boulevards (Pale Ale or Wheat)? Those to ARE nasty, but I love most of Boulevard's other varieties. I think my favorite is the Bully Porter.

AH YESSSS..........

Reaping the benefits of leftovers can be blissful! Today, it's onion soup.

Ladies and gents.....eat your hearts out. I give you.....LUNCH:

100_1175.jpg

Pepper Steak Teaser.....

I am gearing up the Pepperfreak's kitchen for some food awesomeness. Here I present you with my Pepper Steak.

It is resting at the moment with a rub I made from:
Black pepper
Garlic powder
Anaheim powder
Jolokia powder
Fatalii Powder
Jamaican Hot Chocolate powder

*amounts of each are a Pepperfreak secret :lol:

DSCF3767.jpg

While it is resting i think I'll have a drink...here are my makings for a Long Island Ice Tea
DSCF3770.jpg

I will update when it's all plated up for your viewing pleasure.

Okay...I know I said I would update once it was plated, but I feel as I owe you all an update. The steak...well, it is resting comfortably. Me on the other hand, :lol: I seemed to have gotten some of the rub on my face! OMG...it's burning. Guess I should have applied the rub prior to drinking. :lol:

Okay...without further to do.....I present to all of you Pepperfreak's Pepper Steak! All I can say is my wife is now mad at me because she can't breath in the house, but it is all worth it because this steak is out of this world. It is garlicky and peppery and ohhh so spicy! In one word....Delisious!
Bon a petite
DSCF3772.jpg

DSCF3773.jpg

I can tell those are Green Giant frozen veggies, you should use fresh :P

Thanks guys.

It was very very good all the way to the last bite. THP, you have good eyes and I guess I'm busted. However, I do like fresh veggies, but in a pinch...Green Giant works. :lol:

Paul, 5 drinks in one is the BEST! Now if I were an over achiever, I would do it up Texas style and add a 6th, whiskey, into the mix. But I feel I should pace myself tonight. :D

Back