food The Drunken Chef

I am going to make TBs Smoked Salmon Spread today and enjoy it thru the weekend....buttttttttt..............

A dang strong bloody mary to start with, after a shot of Don Julio, then maybe another bloody mary or two or three and then some shiner bock so I will fit in right nicely today...I haven't gotten a buzz drinkin' in a pretty good while...

todays menu....

Tilapia with Tomatillos and Avocado filled with Maque Choux (yeah yeah I know, it is Rachel Rays, but hey, it sounds good)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ado-filled-with-maque-choux-recipe/index.html

shots of BM and Don Julio shot coming up...good healthy shot of Julio...

020310b001.jpg

mmm...mmm...good

020310b002.jpg

I hope nobody gets in my way while I am headed to the grocery store....

Sounds like a great plan AJ! You will love the spread I'm sure.

BTW, I had three 7 Pod Blood Marys last night and when I woke up today, I found that I had the burning stream as well as ring burn on the loo :mouthonfire: Wasn't a very pleasant morning, but at least I wasn't hung over. :lol:

Pepperfreak said:

BTW, I had three 7 Pod Blood Marys last night and when I woke up today, I found that I had the burning stream as well as ring burn on the loo :mouthonfire: Wasn't a very pleasant morning, but at least I wasn't hung over. :lol:

if I make them strong enough, meaning extremely hot with the 7 Pot, same thing happens to me....which is most of the time...

wait, wait, burning stream....hey man, you sure you are still a cripple? :rofl:

AlabamaJack said:
I am going to make TBs Smoked Salmon Spread today and enjoy it thru the weekend....buttttttttt..............

A dang strong bloody mary to start with, after a shot of Don Julio, then maybe another bloody mary or two or three and then some shiner bock so I will fit in right nicely today...I haven't gotten a buzz drinkin' in a pretty good while...

todays menu....

Tilapia with Tomatillos and Avocado filled with Maque Choux (yeah yeah I know, it is Rachel Rays, but hey, it sounds good)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ado-filled-with-maque-choux-recipe/index.html

020310b001.jpg

mmm...mmm...good

020310b002.jpg

You go, AJ!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepperfreak said:

Love Is A Burning Thing
And It Makes A Fiery Ring
Bound By Wild Desire
I Fell Into A Ring Of Fire

I Fell Into A Burning Ring Of Fire
I Went Down, Down, Down
And The Flames Went Higher

And It Burns, Burns, Burns
The Ring Of Fire

We play.....we pay. ;)

Yay AJ! I will have company here tonight. I am currently drinking a new drink made with vodka, tonic and hot sauce. Specifically Lemon Ice dessert sauce from Heartbreaking Dawns. He told me to try it on ice cream or crepes. Obviously he doesn't know me and my evil drunken mind. :lol: Oh yeah, E'toufee is cookin' too. Piccy's shortly.

JayT said:
Yay AJ! I will have company here tonight. I am currently drinking a new drink made with vodka, tonic and hot sauce. Specifically Lemon Ice dessert sauce from Heartbreaking Dawns. He told me to try it on ice cream or crepes. Obviously he doesn't know me and my evil drunken mind. :lol: Oh yeah, E'toufee is cookin' too. Piccy's shortly.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ok let's start with the drink. This is a vodka and tonic but with a special twist. I used a healthy dose of Heartbreaking Dawns Lemon Ice hot sauce. This is meant to be a dessert sauce, but you know me, any excuse to make a drink!

100_0107.jpg

Here is the Shrimp E'toufee cooking.

100_0106.jpg

The red beans and rice it is served over.

100_0108.jpg

I'll post the ingredients/recipe if anyone wants it.

Here's the gist of it, if you have any questions let me know. I don't measure, but I can guesstimate.

I start by rendering down some sliced andouille sausage, remove it, add a little butter and then flour and stir until it's like chocolate color. Then I add diced onion celery, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Then diced tomato, garlic, thyme, shrimp stock, creole seasoning, mombasa chile powder (kind of like cayenne only hotter) worcestershire sauce, and cajun hot sauce (whichever I choose at the time), and add the andouille back in. After it simmers for a half hour or so, I add the shrimp and some parsley. I serve it over red beans and rice.

I used store bought red beans and rice this time since it was kind of a last minute idea to make this. Had it been a weekend I would have made it all from scratch. Here is a recipe that is quite similar to what I do normally. It is Emeril's.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/red-beans-and-rice-recipe2/index.html

AlabamaJack said:

todays menu....

020310b001.jpg

mmm...mmm...good

020310b002.jpg

Now that's a breakfast bar!!! EXCELLENT!

To be honest, the plateup pic had to be altered afterward. I added a couple of more ladles of etoufee' that had I put on there originally would have covered the red beans and rice for the pic.

JayT said:

Jay that is awesomeness on a plate! HB&R!

JayT said:
To be honest, the plateup pic had to be altered afterward. I added a couple of more ladles of etoufee' that had I put on there originally would have covered the red beans and rice for the pic.

You mean you adulterated it then? :rofl:

Back