food The Drunken Chef

Novacastrian said:
Screw you hippy!!
Truth be told i did cook them up a bit hot and no there wasn't any red meat in there :D

I always have some troubles with the shanks, i like the way my mummy does them!!!
Hehe.

thehotpepper.com said:
You guys give everything hot blue and righteous. Nova my man, I give it a luke warm... sorry. lol

What? You never heard of Oso Buco? Long and slow my brother will cure 'dat. And I don't give EVERYTHANG the h,b & r. If'n it ain't that...I don't comment! And furthermore, your avatar gets a big fat booooo! Can I get an amen!! :lol:

I got some bay shrimp I need to use up. Maybe scratch out a little TB dirty rice, add the shrimps, some pequins and skosh of PF's Fatalli powder, throw it on a cheezy flour tortilla with some squeezon's 'o lime. Have few brewhaha's and play with my dawg missylou. Then bedtime for bonzo...yep...I'm all about teh slow tonight.

Novacastrian said:
It's teh slow everywhere i do believe!

Even my mac was slow tonight....hmmmmm russky or chinese hasker's at work? On another note.....

I did up a little rice/shrimp/ tortilla 'thang with PF's 7-Pod powder....good 'Gawd it's smokin' good!

Chilli Chicken Burgers with Mels home made sauce..

started early this evening to recover from the Devil Beetle that attacked me early this afternoon.. Sauce has been 'resting' for the last couple of days so thought I'd give it a go with some chicken burgers.. realised I didnt have any lettuce a bit too late (too many beers to drive).. so decided to substitute bacon for the lettuce.. its all good... marinated the chicken in my chilli sauce and marinated Mr Mels chicken in some lemon, garlic and thyme.. whacked it on the BBQ and here it is..

On the barbie:
IMG_0280.jpg

Final burger:
IMG_0284.jpg

Came out alright.. chips look underdone but they were crispy... sauce was good but is quite mellow.. I used a tonne of it all up in the marinade and then on the burger itself..

Final burger: double chicken, with bacon, cheese, avocado, tomato and extra chilli sauce!

No, MrMel has been complaining too much about burning ringholes and has veto'd most of my chilli dishes.. he complained about jalepeno poppers so I thought best play it safe.. He also reckons he picked up some chilli from the benchtop tonight as his eye was burning.. blames me for everything!

what about the bacon substitute for lettuce?? i thought that was ingenious!!

I didnt burn him.. he's just being a whingepot.. he shouldnt have been touching my benchtop! when i make my chilli nacho's this weekend he'll be licking the bowl!

as for the too many beers.. yeah .. well cant say anything 'bout that.. stole MrMel's last beer and about to head to bed.. work tomorrow.. in the office.. grrr... :rolleyes:

Back