food The Drunken Chef

All right....I am set for my day of drinkin' and cookin'...

Ingredients for the spaghetti sauce...and guess what...a duck fart.....the spice in the paper plate is fresh dried spicy saber basil and genovese basil...the pepper in the plastic container leaning up against the tomatos in the back left is a mixture of about 60% naga morich, 20 percent cayenne, and 20% Fatalii...

020610c003.jpg

gigglin' here again...am getting a little buzz going already since the bloody mary, the tia maria, and now the duck fart...next up is a mind eraser...anyway...the reason I am giggling is I bet I am making a lot more Spaghetti sauce that you thought...I am going to make about 3 1/2 gallons...the pot is a stainless steel 16 qt cooker that my mother gave to me when I was in Pensacola the third week of January...this is the first big stainless steel pot I have ever had and am wanting to try it out...will use about 1/2 gallon today for supper then pressure can the rest...hoping I can get at least 10 qts figuring cook down and all....

back in a blt....

I'll see your spaghetti and raise you a pot of venison chili. Sorry no prep shot, just the meat and heat of the matter. This particular pot contains a lot of different chiles, from Trinidad Perfume to Chocolate Hab, pickled jalapenos, and chipotle in adobo to the powders, de Arbol, red jalapeno, ancho, and smoked naga. It does have beans, black and red kidney. The meats are hot Italian sausage (gotta have some pork fat) venison tips, and venison burger. Then there is beer, tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and sweet onion. Some other spices are smoked sea salt, black pepper, cayenne, garlic, cumin, and a little raw sugar to balance it out. I added a torn tortilla to thicken it as I have no masa at the moment. It is simmering away on the stove. Here's the piccys.

Browning the meats

100_0123.jpg

Added all the spices and powders.

100_0124.jpg

Everything all together simmering away.

100_0125.jpg

Dammit, I must've deleted the beer shot. Hmmm where did it go? Oh well, there will be more shots stay tuned.

excellent JayT...I will see your beer and raise you a mind eraser....

mide eraser full

020610d001.jpg

mind er4aser empty

020610d002.jpg

glad I finished with the knofe before ai got drunk...

Heh heh! That is good stuff AJ. I am thinking I need a shot of chocolate cake. Here's some after shots of my chili. I simmered it for three hours. Well, actually, I am going to let it keep on simmering, but I had to try some so here's the pics of what it is so far. Some chips and some cheese another beer and away we go.

100_0126.jpg

100_0127.jpg

100_0128.jpg

Looks like we have a real Drunken Chef Royal Rumble goin' on! AJ with the Duckfarts and Mind Erasure...WIN! Jay with venison chili cheese chips...WIN!! Ya'll will have to keep drinkin' and cooking to break the tie....WIN AGAIN!!

that's cool with me TB...however, I need a suggestion for another drink...

have decided it will be a great day for me on the drunken' chef 'cause that is where I am going to be...

spaghetti sauce simmerin' ...will cook down and taste in a little bit...but hey...I need another drink suggestion...

already had...

Bloody Mary
Tia Maria with my coffee
Duckfart
Mind Ereaser...

by my calsulations, i hav consumed...2.5 ounces of pure alcohol in two hours...come on y'all, you can do better than that........roflmao...I think I can handle 8.....

020610e001.jpg

Mmmmm that is smelling good AJ. I'll help you come up with another drink. I usta be a bartender you know.

:goes back to other thread to see what all you have:

patiently waiting...I think I am going to have a prarie fire while I wait patiently...easy way to make it is a shot of tequilla wit about 10 spalshes of tbasco...

020610f001.jpg

done

Ok AJ, do you have orange juice and pineapple juice? How about Grenadine? If so use those three rums you showed a splash of grenadine, marachino cherry juice could work instead, and the juices (you can add lime too if you like) and a little soda and mix up yourself a pitcher of Planter's Punch. Man I wish I could make that right now!

The Blues Kitchen was feelin' the mojo last night ya'll. Classic Duckfart's were made and oh so tasty. Like velvet. I had some pulled pork I yanked from the freezer and tossed some garlic, onion, the pulled pork, and my own bbq sauce into the cast iron....along with AJ's Trinidad Scorpion puree. Good 'Gawd ya'll!!! The stuff is killer! No really...I popped the top on it and the aroma wafted immediately around the kitchen. I then proceeded to lick the lid. Bad juju!! Very tasty but oh so magma hot!

Sometime later.....I managed to toast some slider buns and melt a little cheese on them and put it all together...WOW! I only used about a tablespoon of the puree but that I think is about the edge of my insanity.

AJ's Trinidad Scorpion Puree = Instant Man the F#@k Up!!!

IMG_2034.jpg

On a paper plate for effect! What effect? I have no idea...

IMG_2036.jpg

Get your mojo workin' ya'll....

that looks so evil TB...i am in heaven...

glad you like the scorpion puree...if you think that is hot, try the bhut puree....

drinkin' and cookin'....nothin' better'....

good gawd y'all...that prairie fire set me on fire...wonder why

AJ, you get my Planter's punch idea? Page before this one. I sure hope you have everything to make it. I want to drink vicariously through you.

AlabamaJack said:
that looks so evil TB...i am in heaven...

glad you like the scorpion puree...if you think that is hot, try the bhut puree....

drinkin' and cookin'....nothin' better'....

good gawd y'all...that prairie fire set me on fire...wonder why

hehe...the bhut puree will be joining my "axis of evil" this evening. Pray for me.

prayers sent to TB...evil prayers...I hope it burns you like no other preparation has....it is pure evil I say....pure evil...

JayT....headed off to look for the planters punch ingredients now...if I don't have them I am outta luck because the wife left about an hour ago and I ain't drivin' anywhere... :lol:

JayT said:
Ok AJ, do you have orange juice and pineapple juice? How about Grenadine? If so use those three rums you showed a splash of grenadine, marachino cherry juice could work instead, and the juices (you can add lime too if you like) and a little soda and mix up yourself a pitcher of Planter's Punch. Man I wish I could make that right now!

Hey JayT...bingo...OJ and I have the three rums...Malibu, Captain Morgans, and Myers Dark...I also have some marischino cherrys...just checket all the ingredients...club soda is the limiting factor as I only have about 28 ounces left...

if you don't mind...what portions do I use of each?

It depends on how much you are making. For a pitcher I like equal parts of the booze. About halfway up the pitcher with ice. Then add the juices and soda, about half and half also. As in mix the jucies together so that the remainder of the pitcher is half juice and half soda. So I guess to answer your original question, half alcohol, a quarter juice, and a quarter soda. Ginger ale works too if you have it. You mentioned orange juice, do you have pineapple too?

let me look....

got one 8 ounce can crushed pineapple in natural juice

and yes, I am oging to make a pitcher

JayT said:
It depends on how much you are making. For a pitcher I like equal parts of the booze. About halfway up the pitcher with ice. Then add the juices and soda, about half and half also. As in mix the jucies together so that the remainder of the pitcher is half juice and half soda. So I guess to answer your original question, half alcohol, a quarter juice, and a quarter soda. Ginger ale works too if you have it. You mentioned orange juice, do you have pineapple too?

AlabamaJack said:
let me look....

got one 8 ounce can crushed pineapple in natural juice

and yes, I am oging to make a pitcher

mrs. blues is taking me to brunch here in a bit but I'll have a glass o 'dat before I go please.

: tosses empty glass to AJ :

Filler' up. Please. Don't make me beg! Wait...check that...I ain't too proud to beg!

ain't too proud to beg, sweet darlin'..

tossing TB and JayT a Planters Punch with a plastic cover on it with the swizzle stick attached...

Back